Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Countdown to Christmas Day 1.

Well it has finally started, The countdown to Christmas matchbox swap hosted by the lovely Linda of A Swap for all Seasons. My boxes only just arrived in the nick of time, turning up at midday today. Here is box No1. from Michelle over at The Tatteredquilt Cottage.

I'm showcasing it hanging on the little table name place setting and gold star that I blogged about last Wednesday.Michelle has hand made the box and enclosed a cute crystal tree hanging.

Dosn't it show up well with my two little crystal christmas trees. Thankyou so much Micelle. I will treasure this forever.

Now here is the box that I made from an old christmas card depicting a gingerbread man so what else could I do but enclose a gingerbread man tree hanging.

Plus of course a recipe to make some edible ones!!!!!
This is the back of the box with the recipe and hanging already to be packed to go but who has received this I wonder.? I'm off to have a snoop at all the other participants blogs to see if I can find him.
Why not go and have a look for yourself. The participating blogs are all listed on Lindas blog above. If you find him please let me know.
I will give a prize to the person who finds where all of my 25 boxes have turned up!!!!

10 comments:

Cupcake Craft said...

Both boxes are lovely and the one you received looks fabby showcased against your stash. See, Sweet Cheeks said they were somewhere...!
xxx

marie said...

Love both of the matchboxes and your display stand is perfect for showing them off. I'm so glad you got your matchboxes in time! This has been such a fun swap!

Do What You Love said...

OOoh how grand are those matchboxes - both of them! I just love the trees - they are so darling. The gingerbread box and hanging gingerbread man is just too cute. What fun!

Jo in TAS said...

Oh I just love this matchbox idea and how cute is that gingerbread man! I hope this is run again next year!!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

both are so sweet .. goodness can't imagine being able to find all 25 of anyone's boxes ... hope you find where yours all went !

Linda said...

I'm as glad as you are (relieved to be exact!) that your matchboxes made it! What a great start- I love the matchbox and the beaded ornament! Your display pieces are lovely!

Sunset97 said...

wow, what a relief it really is for you to get your matchboxes just in the nick of time...Yeah!! both of the matchboxes are very cute and very nice!! i had been looking for the home of my #1 matchbox all evening and finally checked my comments again and found out the recipient had left a sweet thank you...so, now i know where my 1st matchbox home is....now 24 to go...lol hope you find all 25 homes of your matchboxes and me too!! :)

tracy

Sherry said...

I'm really glad your matchboxes arrived - just in the St Nick of time!! A pretty one to start your collection off - love the little gift. Your display is fab - I must try & be a little more inventive myself - lol.
Your first matchbox is adorable, and how thoughtful to include a receipe inside too - if I see your gingerbread man along the way I'll be sure to let you know.

Look forward to seeing the next one now x

Erica said...

This is adorable! That gingerbread man is sweet.

genie said...

Both the box you made and the one you received are beautiful. I love how you are publishing them side by side. This swap is such a special one. Happy Holiday...Genie