Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Countdown Day 22

So are we all beginning to panic now!!! Only 3 more countdowns to go.
Todays box comes from Wendy Ford and has been created to look like a christmas cracker.
Inside is this cute little Choirist tree hanging. Thanks Wendy. I love his red hassock.

My box no. 22 is this plum pudding. The decoration is from an old enamel brooch that had a battery attached and lit up the berries and played a tune! The batteries died many moons ago and the brooch got put into my stash box. Now it makes a lovely picture for the front of the box.
What else to do but make a matching felt plum pudding to go inside!


I found this recipe on the web which is taken from The New York times and is the story of
The Sailors Plum Pudding from Christmas 1839. Whoever my swap partner is I hope it brought a smile to your face. Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Faye said...

Your pudding is making my mouth water! Brilliant. xxx

Sherry said...

Wendy's really is a cracker of a box - love it!

Your one is fabulous (again!). I love all the thought put into your boxes and adding the recipe is genious too!

Fiona said...

fantastic...you have toooo much time on your hands Mrs A!!

Fi
x

oneoff said...

Cute cracker and yummy looking pudding. You're making me hungry!