Friday, December 31, 2010

All in Fluffs Head.

This is my last project of 2010 a commission from Fluff for a 'Patchwork Bag' Mummy please!!!!
Not just any old patchwork bag mind but one Fluff had seen in a shop , hummed and debated over gone back to buy only to find it had been sold.
So over to me . Now its not too hard to make an item when its in your head and you have very clear ideas on what it should look like but trying to work out what is in someone elses is another matter.
The criteria went along the lines of:
It's sort of patchworky on the front. Right!
It's pink. Well not pink exactly more burgundys. Right!
I'ts corduroy on the back sort of donkey brownish colour. Right!
Needs to have a long strap at least 48" so it can go over your head to wear on shoulder. Right!
Needs to have a gusset 3. 1/2 " wide and front needs to be 15" square. Right!
Can it please have a nice big zipped pocket inside too. Der!
Anything else?. Nop I think thats it!!!


I saw these fairy panels on e-bay and as Faye was always known as Airy Fairy Faye as a child thought they would be ideal for the patchwork front. So having bid for them and got 5 of the 9 fairies on offer I made the front up with cutting 5 , 5" square panels and
4 plain burgundy ones with a 1" square appliquéd to the centre. Sorted!

I used the same burgundy plain material for the lining and included a nice big zipped pocket.
Debated over whether to do a covered button or a buckle but went with the buckle idea as it seemed to look right.


Add a nice long strap and its all done but did I get it right?





17 comments:

Faye said...

You defo got it right, I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve it! The blingtastic buckle is the perfect finishing touch. xxx

Margreet said...

What a pity that Faye loves it, otherwise I had sent you my address............it is so cooooooooooooool.....wishing you and those you love a very happy and healthy 2011!
xxx Margreet

Unknown said...

FANTASTIC! HAPPY NEW YEAR XXX

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I wanted to wish you a Happy New Year! I hope that this coming year brings you much joy and happiness. I am so late in visiting your blog - I hope that after life settles down a bit I can come to visit more often! I love the bag - beautifully done! :<)

Thank you for all of your support and kind comments - they make my day and I love hearing from you! I have been blessed with your friendship and hope to continue to correspond!

I hope that your holiday season with your family has been a happy one! Did you have a chance to start the puzzle? :<)

Wishing you all good things!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

It's fantastic! The buckle is perfect for the bag, love the fairy squares, they are gorgeous.

Hugs
Maarit

oneoff said...

I plead guilty to having done exactly the same thing to my mum, but with a white dress. It, like your bag, turned out beautifully. That bag is a lovely balance of funky, chunky and delicate. Yay to Mrs A!

Maureen said...

A fabulous bag, looks like she is very happy with it!!

Unknown said...

Faye....I need your mom lol... this is amazing I love it!!

lissy-hanne said...

Godt nytår, mange flotte ting du laver, følger gerne.
klem

Sherry said...

WOW!!! Sort of patchworky - it's fabulous!! I love the contrasting dark back too. You are amazing and Faye is one lucky daughter!!

Karen said...

Love this bag! I had one like it as a child and wore it out in the end!!! Popped over from FP and am now a follower too. Thanks for sharing!

Ms. Jen said...

That is super cute! I'm a fairy.butterfly.whimsy lover myself and that is just fantastic! I'm gonna have fun watching your blog. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Found you on Karen's blog post "Give a comment, Get a comment". So I'm making my rounds. I hope you'll come visit me too. Happy New year!!

Hugs - Jen

Rachel Hope said...

LOVE the flower fairies! Great Bag! I'm a New Follower from Feline Playful! Can't wait you have in store for 2011!

Jagusia said...

Beautiful bag :)
I found your blog from FP and became your follower,

Juanita said...

Beautiful bag, love the fairies. I'm a new follower from Feline Playful, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Absolutely stunning! Love fairies!!
You are very talented Mrs A :)

Jan x

Cards By MI said...

Such wonderful work. Wish I had the ability to something like that. I never get further than to the patches. :)
Love n' hugs,
Marie