Thursday, December 01, 2016

The Midnight Hour

What a shenanigans there was last night. I tell you I needed to go and lie down in a very dark room afterwards! But I disgress. Let me back track to 11.50pm. Everywhere was quiet. The house had been on lock down since early evening against any invasions of the Elf type.
The Doc had his checklist and we were going through it for the umpteenth time.
Side garden gate bolted and padlocked. Key in The Docs pocket. ✔
Front door locked and dead bolt on.✔
Back door locked. Key on peg away from window. ✔
Cat flap securely shut and locked.✔
Cat indoors.✔
Windows securely bolted.✔
Wire cage firmly attached to chimneystack.✔

Drinks poured and ready to sit down and relax✔


Then The Doc piped up with  " I think the cat  needs to go out"
Me "Well tell her to use her toilet tray. I'm not opening the door up now !!"

Having sorted the cat out, just sat down again with said drink in hand when I heard a rustling noise.
"Did you hear that ?" I asked The Doc.
" Relax" he said, "I think it was the letterbox . Probably just one of the neighbours posting us an early christmas card".

"At this time of night?" I said..

Then a rather familiar voice called out
Cooeeeeee.  Anyone around?


Wev'e arrived!!!


Me ."What do you mean We?!!!!!!"

What's in that sack Elf Boss ? 














Eek!!  " Who are you?"


" I'm  L'th. 
I've come with Elf Boss. He is going to teach me the ropes".


By this time I had a distinct headache coming on and before anyone says 'Oh isn't he cute' NO  he isn't'.  Just wait till I tell you what he got up to this morning.!!!


I need to cancel christmas forthwith.



Stay tuned during the month till the 24th Dec for daily shenanigans from the dynamic duo 
Elf Boss and Little L'th.


                                              


20 comments:

Do What You Love said...

Mrs. A., I love your witty words that keep everything so exciting when you post. I came back in time for the shenanigans of the elf and he's brought a friend - how delightful! It is so pleasing to see that you've got company to keep you entertained during this blissful holiday season. You're such a delight!

Di said...

Bwahahahaha - I guessed!!! So funny, you nutter!

Hugs

Di xx

Kathleen said...

Whoo, hoo, welcome Elf and visitor, nice to see you, to see you nice. Looking forward to seeing your antics as V.A. has had a pretty drab year, well it is all those Butterflies, calm and serenity, she needs a bit of liveliness.

Kath x

Mrs A. said...

So nice to see you here Terry. Hope you read this. Checked your blog but no new post from you. Hugs Mrs A.

MagsB said...

Oh, Mrs A, this is such a fun post. I'm giggling away like mad! I hope the elves bring you a very happy Christmas! X

love Mags B x

LesleyG said...

Cheered me up no end. Can't wait to see what they get up to teehee xxx

Suze said...

Welcome back Elf Boss - nice that you brought a friend with you. Mrs A is going to be kept very busy keeping an eye on two of you! Hope she has installed a lock on her craft room!

Suze said...

And The Doc has his alcohol under lock and key too!

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
oh my word you didn't think of the letter box did you.
I can't wait to see what they have been up to.
I'm sure it's going to be interesting, and very frustrating for you and the Doc, but they sure are very cute.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Margo said...

Hahahahaha, so that are shananigans ... now I get it, I will check in daily to see what they are up to !!!!
Good luck in the meantime !!!

brenda said...

Oh griefy me Valery so they are back, we had better all watch our backs again this December.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Oh golly gosh you make me laugh but I am glad they are back, too cute lol.xx

Sandra H said...

Ooooh...........lol once l got to where he appeared l just couldn't stop laughing! your so amusing Mrs A can't wait to read your next post keeps me going as l need something right now sending lots of love xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Elvis had a bath in a bowl of marshmallows.... xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh my, you have had visitors! :D All your locked aperture have been not enought... Two elves are better that one... or not? LOL
I'm sure that Elf Boss will teach a lot of mischief to the cute L'th! Now you can't sleep until the 24th ...eheheh... :D

MaryH said...

Enjoyed this. You have a way with words & adventure...made me think "oh no, what next!". Sorry, but they are terribly cute! Take care, Hugs

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Ha Ha Ha, can't wait to see what these two get up to.

Sue xx

Margreet said...

How could I have missed this post????? I'm so glad Elf Boss is back (and Harry tells me at the background he's so glad too) and he brought a brilliant L'th with him. Cannot wait....
xxx Margreet

Darnell said...

Shut up! Not doublets???? Oh, dear Lord, I can't believe the trouble they will no doubt get up to with you and the Doc this month! Where's my wodka?! Hugs, Darnell

cuilliesocks said...

ooooooer!! I wondered if he would be back and he is, and with a side kick, your place will be lively, Kate x