Monday, April 30, 2012

Wedding Day.

The wedding went off very well on Saturday even though it rained and most of the photos had to be taken inside.  Whilst my back was turned I managed to aquire 4 new followers so taking me over the 200 mark.  Whey Hey. Thanks so much all of you for following me and my exploits. This calls for a little blog candy which I will get organised a.s.a.p.


Below is the Wedding card that I made for my Son and Daughter in law so I can show it to you now.  I saw this card idea in Crafts Beautiful by Niki Rowland and decided to adapt it very  slightly and change the colour of course to Purple.
The backing paper is a sheet of silver patterned foil paper. The purple is a plain sheet of card stock that I put through the printer after I made a sheet of  appropriate sentences up in word and printed them off. The heart is a plain silver sheet of paper die cut with this lovely heart shape that embosses at the same time.  I typed the sentiment again in word and printed off onto the pale purple card stock. The lace doily punch is by Martha  Stewart.





Entering into the following challenges:
Totally Gorjuss: Congratulations.
4 Crafty Chicks: No Stamping  Zone.
Always Crafting: Anything Goes.
Crafty Catz:  Anything Goes.
Lollipop Crafts: Anything Goes.
Craftymess Challenge: Embossing or Distressing dry or wet.

11 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.love the image and fab colours.xxx

Sandra H said...

Hi Mrs A, Oh l'm so pleased the wedding went of well and although the weather was nasty it didn't sound as if it spoilt their day, your card is beautiful too! x

Sherry said...

Beautiful card! I'm glad the wedding went well, but where's the photos? What did people think of your roses? Did the bride love her lucky horseshoe? I'll shut up now, and stop being nosy!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Mrs A
Glad you made it .
Love the wedding card with the great frame for great embossed heart and the ribbon tie as well .
Thanks for sharing on Craftymess Challenge Blog .

Cyndi said...

Very beautiful...love the purples! Thanks for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts!

Di said...

Fantastic card Mrs A - love the looped ribbon idea.Thought of you on Saturday! Di xx

Angela said...

Hi Mrs A.
great card and colours are fab!

thanks for joining in the Craftymessers Emboss/Distress challenge with us.

Ax

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is so beautiful - as are all of the lovely projects you have made for the wedding! Your roses are lovely and your embroidered Lucky Horseshoe is perfection! Beautifully done! Wishing you a sunshine day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

craftymum said...

great card. Thanks for joining us at TG this week

hug Sarah x

Zue said...

You made a gorgeous card, I bet they were so thrilled with it.

Weddings are so special that the weather hardly matters. I bet the photos are fantastic and will bring back wonderful memories for you all.
Congratulations on your 200:)
xxx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for entering the challenge over at craftymess blog http://craftymesschallengeblog.blogspot.com
Beautiful Card, Beautiful Blog.
I hope to see many more of your great work being entered for the challenges over at crafymess blog.
Well Done
Lisa CMDT xxx