Thursday, April 26, 2012

All Purpled Out!!

Iv'e been working extensively in Purple this past month  as this is the wedding theme colour so consequently have quite  a pile of off cuts left over.
It just so happens that the theme over at Tag Tuesday  this week is "use the colour Purple" so say no more!!


I cut a tag shape from cardboard and matted with polka dot paper which I then distressed around the edges using my handy T.H. distressing tool. I then inked the resulting rough edge with a promarker pen. The buttons are made from shrink plastic and coloured with the same promarker before shrinking down. The bow is made from paper and is made believe it or not from a 3" square of paper. The tutorial for it can be found here. It is a bit fiddly at first but you do get the hange of it quickly and as  Helen emailed and said Practice makes perfect!
The flower is from the mammoth rose production undertaken  which I will be posting about upstairs( As Fluff puts it) in a mo. Centre tag is  a Kaser craft journal tag that I treated myself to. (Well a girl has to have a bit of fun whilst under stress.) Entering this into Pixies
Crafty Snippets as that is what it's all about.

Also entering into the following challenges:
Truly Scrumptious:  Distressing & die cuts/punches. ( buttons and rose made using die cuts)
Divas By Design: Buttons & Bows.
Creative Inspirations : Anything goes.


8 comments:

Gillian R said...

Hey. You did a great job of the paper bow. Once you get the hang over them. They are not too bad. Enjoy the wedding on Saturday.

Faye said...

It's got spots on. You know I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve spots, right? I'm a bit jaded with purple right now but I love your tag anyway :) xxx

Di said...

Ha, ha - I'm a bit off aubergine here after all the invitations I just finished - but I LOVE this tag so might already be recovering :) Mind you, I did look at the tutorial for the bow in your link here and rapidly ran away. Fantastic result and you certainly have a lot of patience for a playground delinquent :))

Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Di xx

Carol said...

Gorgeous snippet tag Mrs A, love the colour. Many thanks for the bow link, must give it a try. Carol x

Sarn said...

Brilliant tag and great bow. Love purple! x

Hettie said...

Very pretty purple tag Mrs! You do like purple I hope!

Unknown said...

What a sweet tag! Great job on the paper bow. Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge.

Hugz,
Sandy

Beth said...

Beautiful tag! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

Love Beth xx