Monday, April 23, 2012

Wedding Fever.

We have Wedding Fever in our house. Our little boy (not so small anymore ) Fluff's bruv is getting married this Saturday!! Back in February I was shown this picture and asked if I could make a cushion for the rings something like this? I love a challenge.
So I set to and made a couple of cushions up in cotton sheeting in different shapes ,supplied satin material swatches and purple beads (wedding colour theme is purple) for a choice to be made. I also asked what embroidery stitch they prefered, plain or swirly.
This is the result. As a 4yr old will be carrying the cushion down the aisle I have attached ribbons for the rings to be held in place. Don't want them falling down the grating !!
There is a story attached to the material chosen. My friend Sarah got married in 1993 and the material is what her Wedding dress was made from. I was given some off cuts as I was asked to make a rag doll for the littlest bridesmaid to hold (2yrs and easliy distracted) and having been shown a picture of Sarah's gown, dressed the doll in an exact replica. Remaining material has been in my stash ever since and I still have some over!
Entering into the following:
1st Unique gifts: Handmade Mondays
Divas by Design: Anything but a card.
CupcakeCrafts: Material girl. (Taken literally).
The Crazy Challenge: Feminine/Girly.

24 comments:

Sherry said...

The finished cushion looks lovely! Hope it's a wonderful day on Saturday and that the sun shines for you all and that you've got your outfit sorted - and the hat. I'd love to see some photos x

.... oh and forgot to say many congratulations to the happy couple xx

Art From The heart said...

What a beautiful creation and such a lovely keepdake for the happy couple.
Have a delightful celebration.
Hugs

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh its lovely - something to treasure! Hope you have a great day Saturday.

Zue said...

Your cushion is fantastic and those ribbons are a very good insurance policy:)
How nice to be a wedding-planning household...hope all goes well!
xx

Highland Monkey's said...

The little page boy will look so sweet carrying the cushion. Like the material you have used what a lovely way to make use of a special fabric.

Ali said...

Gorgeous xx

Laura Bradley said...

What a great idea! Thanks for joining in at Divas this week. Laura x

Wendy said...

How lovely - it'll make a gorgeous keepsake too. And I love the story of where the fabric came from. I love fabric with a history!

Free Spirit Designs said...

awww that's so lovely! :)

(and probably very wise to tie the rings on whoever is carrying it!!!)

Unknown said...

That's a lovely cushion with a lovely back story - nice work! Hope that day goes smashingly.

lovetartan said...

The cushion is beautiful Mrs A - and I loved the story of how you had the material. Have a great week Mich x

Fiddly Fingers said...

A beautiful cushion, I really like the beads around the outside and what a great idea to tie the rings on with ribbons!

Bernie said...

What a GORGEOUS pillow, Mrs A! Sure to be treasured. Love the story of the fabric.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful creation, I love that it has such a personal back story :-)

Sandra H said...

Hello Mrs A, Many congratulations on the forth coming wedding, oh this creation is so lovely you should be so proud its gorgeous:)x

Faye said...

A-ha! I knew the lure of a Cupcake this week would be too strong! I think your cushion is fabbier than the sample. xx

Carolee Crafts said...

So pretty and I love the leaf beads round the edge

Margreet said...

What a gorgeous creation, Mrs. A....I think it far more beautiful than the example....good idea to tighten the rings (suppose Sweet Cheeks is the lucky one??).... wishing you a great weddingday!
Thanks for joining the Divas by the way....
xxx Margreet

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous cushion, I'm sure they'll love it!

Many thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Lisa Jane said...

wow this is so pretty - and i am sure the bride and groom will treasure it
Thanks for joining us at Divas this week's
Lisa x

Lionelsa said...

What a lovely project.
Mr Linky is OK now. Pls, come back at The Crazy Challenge and add your link again.

Your Friend Susie said...

Oh, I love things like this with a story to go with it. How wonderful. That will be such a treasured keepsake, and it's beautiful in addition. Wonderful wonderful! I bet you can't wait for the big day. :)

Jan said...

It's a beautiful cushion and lovely fabric with a story behind it.
Congratulations to the lucky couple.

Jan x

ps..... don't tie the ribbons in a knot!!!! :o)

Nicola Ellen said...

Aw such a lovely story about the fabric and gorgeous cushions for the rings too. I hope the wedding turns out to be a fab day all round :) xx