Back in March nearly DIL was talking about having roses as the table decorations for the forthcoming Wedding and needing to know how to make them. I found myself volunteering to make them for her.
Then I asked the all important question of how many? 260ish was the reply!!! Gulp!!!
This was revised down somewhat after the table plan was finalized to 100ish. Phew. Thats ok then.
I made a few samples up and these are the ones I finally made with the colour scheme they gave me. The wedding theme is Purple and I had a strip of ribbon to get the purple roses the exact colour needed. I found a couple of good tutorials here & here and adapted them with trial and error to produce a rose I was happy with
I used Colourbox fluid chalk in pink on the petal edges to achieve this rose and moulded each petal with a round tipped embossing tool to get the papery texture using 140gsm cartridge paper.
I used Lavender Colourbox fluid chalk on this rose and shaped each petal by hand. The same die was used on both these roses but in different size combinations.
This rose was made smaller and I used Pearescent chalks in two tones of pink on the petals and shaped again by hand.
And lastly the purple rose which had to match the ribbon swatch exactly. I found
after much trial and error that Winsor & Newton Water colour gave me the result I needed so each petal was painted with several coats which gives them a nice varigated look.
These were all finished last week and are now with the Bride and Groom for the Wedding tomorrow.
The boys helped with the production of these and their post is down below!!!!!!
I am entering these into the following challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday: Anything but a card.
Great Impressions: Lots of Flowers.
Aud Sentiments : Anything Goes.