Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Queens ATC

The Theme for  this months ATC at The Altered Paper was to choose a Queen of your choice and make it nice. After deliberating for quite a while I finally decided on Queen Anne, daughter of James II. The picture was cut  from an old magazine which was in black & white. I coloured her face, cheeks and lips using powdered chalks to make it look like the photos they used to colour before the advent of colour film. Flowers are die cut from 'Fancy blossoms' by Memory box and the leaves from 'Rose Creations' by Spellbinders. Coloured using Fluid Chalks by ColorBox. Flower centres are beads from my stash.



As my partner for this swap lives in America, I  also enclosed a tag with a short history of her reign. Printed off in word and paper distressed using the ColorBox chalks. Hope my partner likes my choice.





Entering into the following challenges:
ATC's with Attitude:   Anything goes/faces.
Joan's Gardens:  Something different. Include flowers using dies or punches.
Pan Pastel:  Add a flower.


5 comments:

Faye said...

I love that you always go in a different direction. :) And I love the flowers and colours with the b&w image. Very stylish. xx
P.S. Flufferie has two empty compartments...!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really pretty, I love the vintage image and the sweet little flowers. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Sherry said...

It's beautiful! The subtle colouring has worked a treat and I'd never have guessed the image was cut for a magazine. The matching history tag is a lovely touch too x

Dr Sonia S V said...

So unique and beautiful like all your projects!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Purple mad Alison said...

What a lovely idea, adding the history.
I'm sure your partner will love it!
Thanks for joining us over on ATCs With Attitude.
Hugs Alison x x