Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bronze it is.

I'm really getting into this card making.  One of my favourite magazines for inspiration is ' Crafts Beautiful'. I saw a lovely idea for a Wedding card by Niki Rowlands in there (used it for little boys card but can't show you that one until after this Saturday)!
 Now it just so happens that is is Fluff's Anniversary so I adapted the design for a Wedding Anniversary card. The good old World, Wide Web tells me that 8yrs is Bronze so that sent me skuttling off to my stash of papers. Found this lovely satin bronze paper and some plain pink card stock. Typed up some appropriate sentences in word and then ran the pink card through my printer.  Now I have my very own printed design! Matted the pink onto cream card and used ink (to match the wording) to distress  around the edges. I love this heart die(Sizzix 655207) as it gives a really deep embossed design .Lace edging strip is a Martha Stewart punch which I layered up with a maroon satin ribbon. Sentiment was printed out in word and then die cut using the Ornate shape in The Sizzix trio (656322).




Entering into the following challenges:
Lexix's Creations:  Use your punches & dies.
Bunny Zoe's Crafts:  Ribbon or Twine.
So Artful Challenges:  Wedding/Anniversary.
C.R.A.F.T. challenges: Wedding /Anniversary
One stitch at a time: Anything Goes.






19 comments:

Debbie said...

Very nice card Mrs A. Bronze...You are clever looking that up!
Fluffy and hubby will love this. Debbiexx

Margreet said...

Very elegant card, Mrs. A....Faye will appreciate it!
xxx Margreet

Electra said...

Your daughter is going to love this! It's so elegant! Thanks for being Soartful with us this week!

Sandra H said...

Hi Mrs A.........This is so pretty and will so be well liked and loved oh so elegant:)x

Viv said...

Lovely Valery - am sure they'll love it.

Josephine said...

Beautifully elegant!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

sharon said...

Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge, great card. Sharon x

Ali said...

Gorgeous xx

Faye said...

Beautiful. I love the bronze on the pink.

Sharon said...

Thanks for joining at So Artful for our wedding theme - your card is just gorgeous!

Catherine said...

This is such a beautiful and elegant card ! I love the embossing on the heart, Fluff will love it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card I love the pastel colour and the punch border and embossing is very effective, elegant.

Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.

Hugs Julie x

Deb said...

Very classy creation, thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time
Debs
xxx

Nikbee said...

A very elegant card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
Nikki x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a lovely anniversary card and how clever you are making your own backing paper! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lexi's Creations for our Die Cuts and Punches challenge hugs Susan x

Faye said...

This fab card is even better IRL. I noticed the paper you made first, then the heart! Didn't know we were bronze, if I had, I could've bought something for VUH. It's ok, I still have the rest of the year, I should think broze would make a fairly substantial weapon...! ;) xxx

Kelly said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at One Stitch At A Time xx

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining in with our anything goes challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie

Mina said...

fabulous design and I love the colours you used...thanks for playing along with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx