Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Birthday

I have a couple of Birthdays in December
to make cards for.
The first is for  Aunt Eileen.
Here is the card that The Doc gave her
at the Weekend.
I wanted to make the card flowery
but also to reflect the time of the year
so I went with pink and used a Poinsettia die
for the flowers.
I only had one chance at taking the photos
as my camera refused to charge up on Friday night
and I knew it would only last one maybe two tries at the most.
The flowers look more peachy than IRL and you can just about see 
that each petal  has been coated in Diamond stickles.

They really do dazzle! I cut the leaves from green glitter card.
The die is by Poppy Stamps 'Blooming Poinsettia'.
I used a clear crystal gem in the centres.
The white die cut is Spellbinders 'Romantic Rectangle'
which I have adhered to a Raspberry Road design paper.
Silver sentiment sticker and the ribbon were from my stash.
As the card was not going to be posted I was able to make the flowers
really stand out from the base card. I made a special box up for 
the card to go in so that it wouldn't squash in transit.

Entering into the following challenges:
Inspiration Destination #63 Anything goes.
Mod Squad Challenge # All that glitters.
Penny's Paper Crafty #257. Anything goes.
The Crafter's Cafe #138 Diecuts and/or punches.
Cute Card Thursday #403 Add some glitter.
Creative Fingers #99 Anything goes.
Spellbinding Stamps #6 Make it Sparkle.
Crafty Time  Challenges # Anything goes.

23 comments:

Catherine said...

Such a beautiful card Valery Anne ! Love the colour ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Mrs.B said...

HI Mrs A. This is a beautiful card, love the colour, so pretty.
Avril xx

Tina Z. said...

So lovely card, I love the colours and glitter too.

Margo said...

I love the beautiful flowers on your card !
Greetz
Margo

Unknown said...

Wow I love those 3D flowers and pretty ribbon to finish!
Lucy x

Viv said...

This is so lovely Mrs A. Serene colours and am sure she loved it.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, love so much your pink poinsettias!! So sweet and elegant! They have a fabulous feel with all this sparkling and matches very well with the white romantic layer in the background. I'm sure that your aunt will love it!

Di said...

Wow, absolutely STUNNING card - love the idea of using poinsettias and such wonderful shades of peach too. Beautifully sparkly too - I bet Auntie Eileen absolutely adores it!

Hugs

Di xx

Sandra H said...

Sooo pretty xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

ScrappyHorses said...

So, so beautiful! I'm sure your Aunt loved it. The Poinsettia are so lovely in that soft color ~ perfect for a December birthday! Thank you for sharing at TTCRD.
Katrina
ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

Carol said...

A gorgeous card Mrs A, so pretty. Carol x

rachel said...

this is beautiful! I adore it Valery! hugs rachel x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card and a great change from non traditional colours.

Kath x

Unknown said...

What a beautiful change from traditional colors.Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge.

cuilliesocks said...

Really beautiful Valery, gorgeous colour theme and design, Kate x

MagsB said...

This is so pretty, Mrs A, I love the pink poinsettia and all the sparkle! I bet Aunt Eileen loves it!!!

love Mags B x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Time, good luck!!! Amy DT

Lia said...

I love the sparkled poinsettia and the colours you used on this card!
And the elve is still going 'strong'!!
Lia xx

Michelle said...

This is so beautiful and your flowers are just outstanding - Michelle x

KandA said...

Beautiful card Mrs A and such wonderful Poinsettias. I bet your aunt loved it xx

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely card Mrs. A. Great flowers and love the sparkle. Thanks for playing along with us at Inspiration Destination. Good luck.
Lynn, ID Creative Team Member

Tonya said...

Ooh, I love the sparkle! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along in the Make it Sparkle Challenge over at Spellbinding Stamps!

Tonya - Spellbinding Stamps DT