Sunday, November 18, 2018

13,14,15,16 Begin again.

Catching up and one last push after this should do it so there are 4 cards today for  Beccy Muirs A Month of Holiday Cards Challenge.

Day 13 was to use the letter K.
Very nearly had me running for the hills as Beccy suggested to use a Kangaroo/Koala  and I knew for certain I didn't have a digi or even a stamp come to that of either of them. Now Mum being Australian I thought there must be something in the box of bits and bobs that I had been given over the years and sure enough I found a packet of unused  notelet cards . Not very christmassy looking on there own but I had a cunning plan so in the end
I chose to use Kangaroo, Koala and if you look closely a Kookaburra too  plus Kraft Card.


The die cuts I have used are Presscut Stitch hole Ref PCD98 Rectangle die for the frame  and Ultimate Crafts 'Rustic Christmas' for the embellishments in the corners which have been given a coating of Nuvo Glitter Marker pen  Strawberry Bonbon. All cut in Kraft Card as was the base card. Backing design paper is from Making Cards Magazine Dec 2016 called appropriately 'All That Glitters.  Sentiment was from my stash. The card was sat made and ready to take a photo of when I decided it needed just that little something extra so I added the pink pearls to the corners.

Entering this card into the following challenges:
A Month of  Holiday Cards Challenge #  Day 13 Letter K.
Merry Little Christmas #4 Anything goes.
Crafty Catz #438 Anything goes + optional something with wings  (Kookaburra/ Parrots/ Cockatiel)
International Art and Soul #46 Wild Animals
2 Crafty Critter Crazies #20 Anything goes with a critter.
Mix It Up #19 Anything goes + optional Aperture.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 14 was to use the letter L.
I chose to use Lamppost  and Layers.
Design papers are all from First Edition 'Jingle All The Way paper pad and the digi is By 'Squiggle  Digis'. Colured using my promarkers, gold gel pen and yellow pearlescent  chalk. Ribbon was part of a prize I recently won.  Pearls from my stash. Sentiment was a  recent magazine freebie which I adhered with 3D pads.


Entering this card into the following challenges:
A Month of  Holiday Cards Challenge #  Day 14 Letter L.
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #94 Anything goes.
613 Avenue Create #215 Anything goes +optional Christmas/winter.
Aud Sentiments #216 Ribbons and Bows + sentiment.
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned paper challenge # Anything goes.
Digi Stamps 4 Joy #154 Anything goes +optional add  ribbon or lace.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
Day 15 was to use the letter M.
I chose to use Mistletoe and Merry.

The digi image is by Just Inklined 'Mistletoe coloured with my promarker pens. The berries have been given a coat of glossy accents so that they shine.  The bauble sentiment is by Scrapmatts and made from chipboard. Part of a set of 15 pieces.   I won the packet  as a prize many years ago and I am now down to the last 2 baubles. I will be sad when they are all gone as they are really good quality. Ribbon bow was from my stash. The kraft window is left over from the card made for the letter K and the design paper is from the same paper pack as the previous card.  

 Close up showing the shinny berries.
 
Entering this card into the following challenges:
A Month of  Holiday Cards Challenge #  Day 15 Letter M.
Daisy Chain Challenges #25 Christmas/winter.
I Love Promarkers #372 Anything goes + optional use 3 layers.
The Paper Shelter #362 Christmas is coming.
Colour Crazy Challenge # 46 Anything goes.
The Creative Crafters #10 Anything goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
Day 16 was to use the letter N.

I chose to use Nutcracker and Noel.
The pre coloured image was a RAK from a swap blogging friend which I have had in my stash for ages just waiting for the right moment but in a bit of a quandary though as to which papers to use with it. I was idly reading posts this morning whilst having my morning cuppa and spotted  a couple of cards that my blogging friend Shaz had entered on Pixies Crafty Workshop Challenge and which Di had highlighted in her winners post.  Shaz had used up snippets/strips of  coloured cardstock to make whole cards with and this then gave me the idea to use my copious stash of stripes that had been steadily stockpiling up behind my laptop on my desk. 

These are just a few of them as I only pulled out the brightly coloured ones that shouted toy box colours to me or were colours in the image.   I used my wide roll of ds. tape (newly purchased from the NEC) to completely  cover the front of a blank card base and then placed the strips in a pleasing arrangement.  The large oval was from my stock pile of pre cut shapes and had been cut using my Xcut Oval Nesting die set. The green patterned oval was the left over piece from the  Lamppost card above. The 'NOEL tiles were also a recent purchase from the NEC and just finished the card nicely.

Entering this card into the following challenges:
A Month of  Holiday Cards Challenge #  Day 16 Letter N.
C.R.A.F.T. challenge #491 Christmas.
Penny's Paper Crafty #406 Anything goes.
A Bit More Time To Craft #80 Anything goes.
Crafting With Friends #75 Anything goes.
 

32 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A all your cards are stunning. You have been very busy. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Kathleen said...

Great collection of cards and glad that you have managed to catch up.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous all your cards, and the last one is so interesting with all the stripes! Great use of your snippets!
Sorry, but I'm in hurry today!!
Hugs

Mia said...

Three beautiful cards, Valery, but I LLLLLLOVE what you did with your scraps on the Nutcracker card. What a great and inspiring idea!!!!!!!!! Kisses, my friend.

Megan J said...

Hi Mrs. A, a lovely collection of cards, I must say I love the fancy Aussie notelet you have used for Kangaroo, Koala and Kookaburra (noisy buggers)… have a wonderful week... Megan

Beccy said...

What a clever person you are Valery! I'm very impressed by the way you've turned an Aussie themed notelet card into a fabulous Christmas greeting! Love the gorgeous die cuts and the wonderful little gold sentiment. Fabulous idea!
Your second card is very elegant, I love the design. The lamp post is lovely and you did a great job adding a warm glow from the bulb. I like the combination of papers, ribbon and pearls too.
It was a good idea to add the glossy accents over the berries Valery, they're lovely and shiny. I really like the sketchy look of the image too. I hope you're able to find more of the baubles... it's always sad when you run out of something you've really been enjoying.
Your last card for this post is a celebration of snippets! What a great way to use up some of those ever-accumulating scraps. I love how this background looks... you could easily mix and match the colours to whatever you're creating. Love the scrabble tile sentiment too. Fabulous!
Cheers,
Beccy

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas card ValeryAnne, love the pretty layout. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Greta said...

What a great variety of cards, Mrs A! I especially love the mistletoe card with the glossy berries!

Lia said...

Wow, you have been busy! The card on top reminds me of the two holidaytrips we made to Australia where my brother is living!
Lia xx

Michelle said...

My word - you certainly are working hard on these and each card is wonderful - great job - Michelle x

Lynsey's craft by the ocean said...

Adorable image, love how you have coloured it up, thanks for playing at colour crazy craft challenge, hugs Lynsey DT xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card thank you for joining us on this week's challenge over on
Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
Dianne xx
DT for CC
http://crazycraftshed.blogspot.co.uk

Margreet said...

Fabulous cards!
xxx Margreet

Brenda in IN said...

I''m having a hard time keeping up with you, Valery. So many clever and cute cards and fun images. Love them all.

Which bees are the smartest"

Spelling bees.

Aquarius said...

These cards are all great. You were very resourceful with the 'K' one and the animals look as if they are having a Christmas party - after all it wouldn't be snowy in 'Oz' would it??

Anne said...

I never know what to expect when I visit your blog Valery. Fab selection and great use of the letters, you certainly got good value out of the 'K'!!
Anne x

KandA said...

Super collection of cards Mrs A and I love the one with your snippets and the nutcracker prince xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A fab selection of cards, well done. Thank you for taking part in the Daisy Chains Challenge this month and good luck, Michelle x - DT

Suze said...

Another four lovely cards Mrs A. You are definitely making progress catching up. I like that you used the kraft in two different cards so there was no waste. Fantastic use of scraps in the fourth card - I love doing that with offcuts of patterned paper but never thought of doing it with plain cardstock! Creative thinking on the letter K - glad you didn't run for the hills on that one! Good luck with the next batch of cards.

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creations Mrs A, love the designs! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry xx

Sylvia said...

Wonderful collection of cards,Mrs A.Especially the first one with the cute scene.

Gr,Sylvia.

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

(Please use the new Inlinkz next time. You should no longer have any problems. Just log in using either Google or Facebook and you should be able to add your link no trouble.)

crafty-stamper said...

Great selection of cards-love the mistletoe image and shiny berries..Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy
Carol DT x

KathyA. said...

You created an amazing selection of cards. I especially like the final one with the scrabble lettering. So fun. Thanks for joining us at Penny's this week. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

Creative world said...

Fantastic set of Christmas cards...thank you for joining us at AUD SENTIMENTS challenge this week ,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Brenda said...

All your cards are wonderful, especially love the "K" card! Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Niki said...

Beautiful work! Thank you for posting in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge!

Niki C.
Design Team
Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Thank you for joining us at INTAAS with your great card and love the die cuts too. Jennie DT

Helen said...

What a fab collection of cards! Your letter K card is very inventive and looks perfect.

Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and we hope to see you again next month.

Helen x

Vannessa said...

Great collection of cards! Thank you for sharing your fabulous card at The Paper Shelter Challenge this time. Hope to see you again soon.

Hugs, Vannessa
The Paper Shelter DT

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Lovely project. Thank you very much for sharing at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned paper Challenge.
Hugs,
Iwona

Alka said...

Beautiful Card. Thank you for joining us @ The Creative Crafters. We love to see your work again. DT Alka