Friday, November 16, 2018

10,11,12 Lay Them straight.

A bit of poetic licence going on here with the post titles. If I don't add in an extra number each time I will never catch up so quickly moving onto  the next 3 cards for  Beccy Muirs A Month of Holiday Cards Challenge.

Day 10 was to use the letter I.
I chose to use Ice Skating  and Ivory.
Now don't ask me why but when I purchased this digi stamp back in Nov 2014 I thought the animal holding onto the girls leg was a pig! It still looked like a pig when I printed it out and so I started coloring up the said pig in pink and it wasn't until I got right down to the tail that I suddenly thought
"Hang on that  doesn't much look like a curly tail and those aren't even trotters hanging onto her leg" so I either need a very long holiday or a visit to Spec Savers! Lol. Fortunately  a brown promarker quickly corrected my mistake. The image is by Mo's Digital Pencil "Skating" and coloured  with my promarkers in blue and Ivory plus brown for the pig/ dog. The die cut is by Spellbinder 'Marvellous Squares and comes with the holes already punched around the decorative edge so I just went round with a needle and ivory thread for some added interest.

Entering this card into the following challenges:
A Month of  Holiday Cards Challenge #  Day 10 Letter I.
Creative Inpsirations # November chill.
Fab 'n'Funky #416 With an animal.
The Paper Shelter #362 Christmas is coming.
Little Miss Muffet #202 Anything goes.
Colour Crazy Challenge #46 Anything goes.
2 Crafty Critter Crazies #20 Anything goes with a critter.
Christmas With The Cuties #21 Wrap Up Warm
The Creative Crafters #10 Anything goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Day 11 was a Bingo Challenge using our choice of 3 from the grid below.
I choose Buttons/Red and Green/Use a Sketch

Base card made from green cardstock and tartan wrapping paper. Snowman was from a freebie magazine paper in my stash.  I used the Sketch from the current Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge. The buttons are a die cut by Joy Crafts and the Bakers Twine was a scrap on my desk.  Sentiment is a gold sticker from my stash.

Entering this card into the following challenges:
A Month of  Holiday Cards Challenge #  Day 11 Bingo grid.
Tuesday Morning Sketches #479 Anything goes with a sketch.
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #491 Christmas
Crafting With Friends #75 Anything goes.
Creative Fingers #154 Anything goes.
Fussy and Fancy #225 Anything goes.
Creative Craft Cottage #113 Christmas is coming.
Love To Craft #21 Anything goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 12 was to use the letter J.
I chose to use Joy, Jingle Bells  and A Joy fold Card.

The design paper is by First Edition " Jingle All The Way" paper pad. Green and red card stock to make the Joy fold card.  Jingle Bells are an Xcut die cut bell and sentiment set. Sentiment inside card is from a magazine freebie paper set.  There was just enough of the scrap of twine left from the above card to tie the bells together.  Green ribbon from my stash.
Card folded flat.
 Inside of card showing greeting.
Entering this card into the following challenges:
A Month of  Holiday Cards Challenge #  Day 12 Letter J.
Artistic Inspirations #209 Anything goes.
Crafty Card Makers #222 Lots of layers.
Crafty Creations #378 Anything goes.
Penny's Paper Crafty #406 Anything goes.
A Bit More Time To Craft #80 Anything goes.
Daisy Chain Challenges #25 Christmas/winter.



38 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Mrs. A, three wonderful Christmas cards to add to your collection, love the little pig story with the first card. Have a wonderful weekend.. Megan

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh, this really is sweet! Beautiful festive paper and a lovely die cut bell! Fantastic design too! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges!
Linda

Patti said...

These all turned out great Valery Anne! Looks like you got busy having a lot of fun cute story about your first card :) Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Suze said...

Another three lovely cards and it looks like you are making headway with Beccy's challenge. I'm just about up to date again after having a bit of a struggle with the letter M! At first glance, I can see why you thought that was a pig in the first card (maybe I need to visit Specsavers too!). Love that you managed three J words in the third card. Look forward to seeing what you post in your next batch.

Beccy said...

Love the story of the little "pig" Valery, thanks for sharing... it gave me quite a chuckle. The card you made is wonderful, the image is great and I love the colour scheme you finally settled on. Love the silver sentiment too.
Your second card with Frosty the Snowman is wonderfully festive. I love tartan at Christmastime, it's homey and makes me think of wood stoves and hot chocolate... none of which would be welcome in Australia at this time of year.
The patterned paper on your "J" card is awesome, love the mix of red, green and kraft. You sure have dexterous fingers to be able to tie the bow out of that little scrap of twine. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant cards . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A all your cards are stunning. I love them all. Thank you for all the inspiration. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Carol L said...

I can't stop giggling at the dog/pig thing - I can so relate to that! You've created a wonderful trio of cards, and I'm loving the 2nd card with that pretty plaid design with the traditional red & green colors and golden sentiment! The 3rd is so unique with that fold design and I love the perfectly coordinating dsp with the red & green. NJ on all, and thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge :)

Brenda in IN said...

I just went yesterday for my eye exam and I still don't know what animal that is! The coloring is great though. I love that tartan paper and sweet snowman and also a great choice of paper for the third card. Thanks for sending me a joke, it made me laugh.

What can you steal and not get in trouble for?

Second base.

crafty-stamper said...

Great Christmas card and fold love the traditional colours and P.paper.Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
Carol DT x

crafty-stamper said...

Hi just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x

Donna said...

Mrs.A, thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love Beccy's challenge every year. I try to keep up but sometimes that's not easy. Today I have my grand-twins all day. Maybe I'll get time after they go home to get a card made or I just might drop into bed and sleep 11 hours. Two year olds exhaust me. LOL! But I'm here to check out your cards while they are napping. I love your choice of images. And I recognize some of the other challenges you are playing with. I love your color choices too. I'm going to check out the rest of your cards and become a follower. That might have to wait until tomorrow though. Have a super weekend!

Jane said...

What lovely cards Mrs A..especially the first one, such a lovely image. Have a great weekend xx

Trimgym said...

Lovely cards, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Pat said...

Lovely card with a sweet image and great design, thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have been so busy with these three cards and all them are beautiful! That doggie in the first one seems a pig with those ears, I understand your mistake :D Well done covering him with brown! Love the geometric design of the second card and the vintage look of the Joy Fold card! Love this folding, I have do use it one day!
Hugs

Chris said...

Cute image, fabulous colour and design! Love that you thought the dog was a pig...so often I start colouring then realise that I've got something wrong...glad I'm not the only one who interprets artists' images in my own way!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n' Funky this week.
Chris
x

Andrea W said...

Wonderful cards! I love the tartan paper you used along with our sketch. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

brenda said...

On a quick catch up, have a temp internet connection until the return to fix the new pole tomorrow. Yes you had commented about the dreaded migraines, it was on my other post from last week, so thanks so much for your understanding.

B x

KandA said...

Three fabulous cards Mrs A. Looks a bit like a pig to me as well! Love the last card, the design works brilliantly with the papers xx

Mia said...

All your cards are beautiful, Valery, but the last one is stunning! I simply love the papers and the great shape of your last card. Hugs, my talented lady.

MagsB said...

Three gorgeous Christmas cards, Mrs A! I had to smile at your 'pig' story - I'm glad I'm not the only one to 'misread' an image! Thank goodness you caught it in time to make a correction! Once on a card that is much harder (go on, guess how I know!!!)

love Mags B x

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

Lovely selection of cards. Thanks you for taking part in the "Love To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

Donna said...

Two beautiful cards Mrs. A and loved your pig story. I enjoyed all your posts from while I was on vacation, you have been creating away!

Marlene Atkinson said...

Super Cute. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful cards. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Wonderful cards!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Valery, I especially love the first one with that sweet image, all beautifully designed, Kate x x

Rene said...

These are lovely! Thank you so much for sharing them with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck!
Rene

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creations Mrs A, wonderful designs. Especially enjoyed your story about the pig/dog! :) Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry x

Lynne said...

All your cards are lovely and thank you for joining in at Christmas with the Cuties with your first one. I agree with you that It's not very clear what the little animal is. I suppose it must be a dog, but if I didn't have my glasses on I can imagine it being a pig :) . Lynne DT x

Margaret Mifsud said...

All your cards are really gorgeous but I especially love the Joy fold card. Wonderful papers and fabulous layering! Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Tip Top said...

Cute cards and thank you for joining in with Little Miss Muffet Challenges! Hope to see you again next time!

kReN said...

I love joy fold cards! Great project! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenge. kReN@afourthlife on the CCC DT

Donna Ellis said...

What a darling pair of skaters, ValeryAnne! Such determination, and beautifully colored! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for supporting us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or A Designer Favorite. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Vannessa said...

Lovely collection of cards. Thank you for sharing your makes at The Paper Shelter Challenge this time. Hope to see you again soon.

Hugs, Vannessa
The Paper Shelter DT

Janice W. said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!

Kim said...

What a great idea. Never thought to use cute images from magazines to make cards. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.