Friday, November 09, 2018

1,2,3, Buckle my shoe.

I had really wanted to enter Beccy Muirs A Month of Holiday Cards Challenge  last year but the arrival of that awful Elf + the flu scuppered my plans. This yr though  I was determined to enter but again like all good plans my good intentions got waylaid slightly due to going to the NEC so I am now playing catch up big time. 
So without further ado here are my first 3 days cards.
Day 1 was to use the letter A.
 I chose to use Acetate and make an Accordian Style card.  Also determined to let my  huge stash/store of digi images see the light of day! This image is from the Polly Craft Bundle (I purchased several yrs ago to practice colouring with) called  'Deck The Halls'. Coloured using my Graph'it markers and a gold gel pen. The design paper is not a christmas one but it seemed to go really well with the image after I had coloured it up. It is from a paper pad by Bobunny 'Little Miss collection. Green cardstock to make the accordion fold, acetate and gems from my stash along with the gold printed sentiments. 
On this occasion I managed to capture the reflection from  the acetate below, to show I had used it on the front of the card attaching with ds tape and hiding it behind the gems placed on the front . Added bonus was that the acetate was a snippet in my stash that was just the right size so I can go over and play at Miss Di's challenge. (I haven't played on the swings for ages and ages!)

Entering this card into the following challenges:
A Month of  Holiday Cards Challenge #  Day 1 Letter A. 
Craft Rocket Challenges #54 Christmas is coming.
Crafting With Friends #75 Anything goes.
Colour Crazy Challenge #45 Anything goes.
613 Avenue Create #215 Anything goes +  optional twist of christmas /winter.
Angie's Digital Stamps Challenge #26 Anything goes + optional twist of christmas.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop # 338 Use your snippets (a piece of acetate).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2 was to use the letter B.
 I chose to use Bauble and Bokeh.
Another digi image from the  Polly Craft Bundle called 'A Christmas hug' and coloured using my Graph'it markers.  Looking through my stash of freebie magazine papers I found this design paper from Making Cards Nov 2016 which matched my colours and looked very much like a Bokeh effect. 
The sentiment is a silver sticker from my stash. Decorated the inside of the card using the last scrap of the design paper and a clear  stamp by Kaisercraft.  I like it when a plan comes together!

Entering this card into the following challenges:
Crafting By Designs # Anything goes.
Crafty Creations #374 Anything goes.
Daisy Chain challenges #25 Christmas /winter.
Sheepski Designs #20 Anything christmas.
Christmas with The Cuties #21 Wrap up warm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 3 was to use the letter C.
 I chose to use Candle and make a Centre Step card.  The digi image is by The Stamping Boutique 'Candle' coloured in using my Graph'it markers plus a gold gel pen. The snow has been given a coat of 'Silver Mist'  from my Nuvo glitter marker.It shimmers beautifully when the card is  held up to the light.  Gold sentiment is from my  stash.  I used  cardstock cut to 5.5" x 11" to make my card, folding at 1", 2" 5.5" and 6.5" for the various valley/mountain folds. Paper from my stash which was a freebie from a magazine. 

Entering this card into the following challenges:
A Month of Holiday Cards Challenge # Day 3 Letter C.
The Holly and The Ivy Christmas Challenge #26 Anything  goes.
Penny's Paper Crafty #405 Anything goes.
Crafty Catz #437 Anything goes + optional twist of getting ready for christmas.
Simply Create Too #144  More than one fold.



I will be back with the next 3 days cards very shortly.


27 comments:

Mia said...

Great selection of cards, Valery. Awesome colours. I especially love the great accordion shape. Hugs, my friend.

Beccy said...

You've done a great job catching up with the first three challenges Valery, well done! The first two images you used are very cute, love those big eyes. The candle on the third card is beautiful, great choice of colours for a very festive look. Fabulous!
Cheers,
Beccy

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh these are lovely Valery! Fantastic techniques and wonderful Christmas images. I love your dotty paper and that the theme is carried over into the image. Love peel off sentiment too! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges
Linda

Diane said...

Great selection of designs and colors Valery.

Hugs Diane

Suze said...

Three lovely cards Mrs A. Love that you are joining in with Beccy's challenge too. I'm a couple of days behind but gradually catching up. Hope that elf doesn't come and cause you mayhem before you manage to join in with a few more cards!

Greta said...

Wow--what a challenge! Three wonderful cards, but I especially love the candle card--so pretty!

brenda said...

Three super cards and such fun images on the first two, the third has a lovely traditional fee.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, they are all so lovely! The girls with the baubles are very cute and sweet, love your colouring and how you matched the papers! The acetate in the first one looks great, as well the folding ! Love the beautiful step card with candles, too!

Janette said...

Gorgeous set of cards, beautifully done.Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week and good luck in the challenge..x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A all your cards are stunning. You have caught up well with the challenges. I do enjoy joining in with Beccy's Challenges. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Margreet said...

Gorgeous cards, Mrs A.
Harrie asked me if there will be adventures of his elf family on your blog this year?
xxx Margreet

Brenda in IN said...

How fun these girl images are and great Christmas cards. You sure brought them to life with the coloring. A lovely, serene candle card with the snow falling outside.

Why are doctors so calm?

They have a lot of patients.

terrie said...

Well Mrs. A you have done a great job on your first three cards love the coloring and the layout of your cards, hope to see more from you...tfs

Kathleen said...

Three super cards, great images and lovely designs, the candle is my favourite, reminds me of the song 'Candle in the Wind(ow`)
Well if you can do '123 Buckle me shoe' then I can do 'Candle in the window'

Kath x

Tammy L said...

Fun cards! I really love your coloring and great designs - the fancy folds are my favorite! Thanks for joining our challenge at Color Crazy and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT

Billie A said...

Cute cards. I am so glad you shared your first card over at Colour crazy challenge. Great design and the image is just too cute.
Billie A
Colour Crazy Challenge
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Creations In Pink

Sheryl said...

A lovely set of cards. Those images are super cute.
So glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl, DT member. xx

Sandra H said...

3 super cards Mrs A and those images are gorgeous love the designs too, xx

Di said...

Brilliant cards Mrs A - and I love your snippets girl, so cute! Err, I changed the lock on the Playground gate a while ago so your duplicate won't work now, tee, hee!

Hugs

Di xx

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous cards Valery, I love the cute images and your colouring. Super card designs too, Kate x

Michelle said...

Wow - you have been busy and your cards are gorgeous - well done - Michelle x

Dawn Frost said...

Great cards, very cute! Thanks for joining in the Colour Crazy Challenge, good luck. Dawn Guest DT

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

You have certainly been busy and have made a trip of beauties. The first card is beautiful and fits the Colour Crazy Challenge this week. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Colour Crazy Challenge Design Team Member).

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous collection of cards and your stepper card is so festive and beautiful!
Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.

Alex said...

Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex

*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#54 – Christmas is coming}
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#23 – Men’s world}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#23 – For a man}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Lynne said...

3 fabulous card and such a fun quirky image on your entry to Christmas with the Cuties. Thank you for sharing with us this month. Lynne DT x

Cazro said...

A lovely candle card. Effective with the folded card. Thanks for joining us at The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenges. Caz DT.