Saturday, March 30, 2013

Vintage Birthday.

When I was making the TAP transfer tags here I found that two of the images had left a residue of the picture still on the contact paper. (The instructiuons do say you cannot over iron and you really do need to iron the transfers to within an inch of their life!!)
Now not one to waste anything I thought that these could probably still be put to use.
By laying a piece of sparkly organza over the image I found it not only darkened it down but gave a lovely mellow look to it.
 
I used a cream sheet called Cream Sparkour available from here and this is the resulting card that I made. 
  

Flowered backing paper is by Nitwit Collections 'Thimbles & Threads' and was a freebie in a magazine. Seasoned followers of my blog will know where the lace trim came from! Butterflies are a Tonic punch and sentiment is a clear stamp by Wow. I die cut a nestie to cover the image and trap the organza in between.
 
Entering into the following challenges:
Emmas Cards Uk: Vintage.
Hiding in My Craft Room: Free style anything goes.
Charisma Cardz: Happy Birthday
All Sorts: Vintage.
LEJ Designs: Vintage or Retro.

16 comments:

Doreen said...

This is beautiful...gorgeous image and papers.xxx

Art From The heart said...

Gorgeous and such a delicate look.
Hugs

Zue said...

Do you mean you must try harder to make more spelling mistakes:::))))))))
It is cold,I think it will be cold forever. It's global warming, the gulf stream is slowing down and we will all be set solid in ice! I just walked on the cat, he crept up silently behind me and i didnt see him and so now I've got to take him to bed with me to make amends..
Now I will go and look at our posts, I think I missed a few
Xxx
Zue

Zue said...

Yes, that would have been too good to waste. What you did is really lovely.
People of lesser character would have put it to one side or worse. I always love the bits you are meant to throw away. We must be sisters:)
Xx
zue

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for entering our retro/vintage theme over on the LEJ Designs Challenge Blog.
This really is a very vintage looking card. Love the image and the textured glaze on it. The gorgeous pastel backing and embellishments really does look gorgeous!
I hope you will play along with us again.
Hugs Lisa xxxxx LEJ DT

Sandra H said...

Hi Mrs A, This is really lovely and the vintage image is stunning x

catherine said...

This is beautiful and thanks for joining us over at Allsorts for my challenge this week
x catherine

Hettie said...

This is so pretty Mrs A. Love the fact that you rescued it from File 13!
Hugs
xx

Createology said...

I adore that you didn't just throw away the remaining image. It looks lovely and quite perfect with the organza. Creative Bliss...

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautifully muted second time around! Hugs, Lesley

Nana said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR.

Have a great day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ HIMCR ♥DT

Sarah said...

This is absolutely beautiful Mrs A, love the softness of the image and the lace is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Vintage challenge x

brenda said...

A lovely Vintage creation Mrs A and such a delightful image.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.


B x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, perfect image, love your colours, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

Amber said...

How gorgeous! What a fun technique!Thanks for playing along at Hiding in my Craft Room! ~Amber

Faye said...

You have rocked the vintage feel on this one. Love the subtle bling too. X