Saturday, March 02, 2013

H is for Humming Bird.

The choice of letter this time over at the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge is H and I have chosen the word Humming Bird.
I'm determined to only use stamps,photos of items, dies or in this case an embossing stencil which I already have in my stash. Nothing new to be bought.
This humming bird (called Summer Bloom by Papermania)  was one of the very first items I purchased when I started blogging over 3 yrs ago so high time it came out for another airing.
 
I wanted the page to be colourful so looked through the rest of my stash for embellishments.
The lovely trim is from Sabine  of (ColourFly) and was amongst a lot of her leftover bits and bobs that I won on her blog back in April 2012. The little flowers are from my stash and go way way back, decades in fact. I only have a 12" string of them left now so must go careful!
Page is coloured with a wash of  'White Linen' match pot with just a hint of a green Jo Sonia paint mixed in.  Th letter H is downloaded from here
 
Entering into the following:
The Craft Barn: Alpha challenge Letter H.

 


10 comments:

Catherine said...

This looks great Valery Anne ! I love the stamped bird and the trim is beautiful ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Debbie said...

Lovely page Mrs A.
The humming Bird is super.
Debbiex

Sandra H said...

This Mrs A looks amazing!! your Humming bird looks lovely and you made good use of that trim you had in your stash a brilliant creation....enjoy the rest of the weekend xx

Di said...

As always - just gorgeous Mrs A - love, love the bumming bird. Whooooops, had a leeetle sherry, should be Humming bird!!

My helper is locked up at home when am at the craft fayre tomorrow - me not totally stooopid :)

Hugs, Di xxx

Doreen said...

Love this what a gorgeous Humming bird.xxx

Debbie said...

Mrs A. Don't know if you are a follower of Lorarine but she has the Tatty flowers off Tim as a giveaway.

http://loraquilina.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/sizzix-candy.html

Debbiex

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

So gorgeous Mrs A, really love it!

Hugs, Estelle xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. The ribbon is a nice touch.
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy

Faye said...

I really like the colours on this one. It made me think of the Maldives with the bird and trees. Then I saw the Japanese text! But I'm in The Maldives. X

Scrapmate said...

A beautiful page with lovely soft colours.