Saturday, March 30, 2013

Posting Letters.

Another card to add to my ever increasing pile of Crimbo cards. Thought I would try a bit of
Decoupage so bought a sheet for 99p with 3 images on and this is the first one. Crimbo Crackers are asking for a card this week using no papers so racked my brain to come up with a suitable design to fit the bill.
I already had this card base sat in my stash from where I had die cut a shape to use on a previously made card. It just seemed to lend itself  for the decoupage postbox . The  thick card adhered to the back  is the left over piece from the photo folders that I had cut up to make the tags on the previous post.  The folder had a rather nice texture to it and because of it's age (date on back said 14th May 1974!) had gone a creamy colour.  Sentiment was cut from an old used card , 3D foam adhesives (for decoupage) and pearls from my stash. You can see the open card below.

 

 Entering into the following challenges:
Crimbo Crackers: No papers used.
Christmas Card Challenges: Clean  & Simple.
Rudolph Day: Festive entry.
Crafty Hazelnuts Extra: Anything goes.
 
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

Do What You Love said...

Mrs. A., this is stunning. I love the inlay cut - and with the image, it does quite well without paper, doesn't it? You're such a master at crafting. Your box below is fabulous! I love your talent and am the proud owner of some of those lovely bits and pieces! Yahoo! ;-) Have a fantastic weekend, you lovely lady! Thanks for following along with me and leaving such wonderful comments! You really make my day! ;-)

Catherine said...

This is so sweet Valery Anne ! I love the shape of the aperture ! Have a lovely Easter my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Doreen said...

This is beautiful ...gorgeous image and design.xxx

Unknown said...

Fab aperature card and that image is gorgeously coloured...cute..xx

Hazel said...

I love the way you've done the decoupage in the aperture - delightful card - thanks for sharing it for my CHNC challenge extra for March - hope to see you again soon. x

Merry said...

I love this image and you have turned it into a terrific card.

An Occasional Genius said...

Hi Mrs A, well done on the Christmas card addition...very nice. Must try this aperture lark.

As for the song titles...yes, all my post titles are lyrics from songs, not necessarily titles though. It saves me racking my brains for something witty as I am never without music on in the house. It was a way to bring my love of music into my blogging too.

You can guess if you like or if you're really interested I could start posting them on the end of my post...

Anyway, enough waffle from me, enjoy your weekend xx

RiNNE said...

Such a wonderful card! And I love that image! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!

Zue said...

This really s sweet. Decoupage can be fun and everyone loves to buy layered cards.
I once made a decoupaged card from a photo of some of my allotment-grown sunflowers. I must dig it out and show you!
Xxx
Lovely work, Val. though crimbo leaves me feeling like cold blanc mange, should it be blancmange, yes I think so.
Have a great Easter, Easter also leaves me as limp as crimbo
Xxx
Zue

Sandra H said...

This Mrs A is beautiful l so like the aperture and your image xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely popping, Mrs. A! Hugs, Lesley

Sarn said...

Adorable decoupage. Lovely Rudolph Day make too. Thanks for playing along.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Faye said...

I really like this image and how it's inside the card. X

scrappymo! said...

Love the decoupage within the aperture! Brilliant idea!

I love 3D images...they are so detailed and dimensional...makes them look almost real.

Tip Top said...

Lovely image! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers