Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Transfer Tags

I have just completed some tags for a swap using Transfer Artist Paper (TAP) which  you can purchase from here.  The swap was for 3 tags using this technique. Your backing paper needs to be fairly plain in colour  (dictionary, music sheets old letters, pages from an old book) in order for the transfered image to show up. I have a large number of coloured  images on my computer that I had saved from various free blog  downloads and quite a number of suitable backing papers from freebie sites.
These are the 3 tags that I made.
Once I had mastered the technique (full instructions included with the TAP ) I really wanted to go to town with adding lots of paper made flowery embellishments but as the tags were going first to USA and then onward to their new homes I had to keep the tags lightweight and flatish. Showing each tag seperately below.
 
Backing papers both the patterned and the writing sheet were freebies in magazines. The image is from  Home & Heart.
Buttons, pearl, fabric flower and trimming from my stash. Lesley, you may just recognise the strip of ribbon at the bottom as being used at the recent SU party and this was a  left over 3" piece sitting on the table which just happend to fall into my bag along with a few other tiny bits and bobs dicarded by the other Ladies!!! (what can I say, waste not want not.)
 
Gardening background text was a free digi download from Beyond the Fringe. The text comes with the swirly corner so I trimmed the paper to fit my Tag and then did the picture transfer over the top. I thought the image with the lady reading a letter was quite appropriate and again came from the same site above. The image background had a very slight green tinge so I picked  ribbons, lace trim and sticking pearls  (in the corners of the transfer)from my stash to compliment.
 
The sheet music is a download from Free Vintage Digital Stamps. The picture the same site as above.
I picked the pink roses out for the ribbon, pearls, trim and lace ( from MIL's unmentionables) in my stash. The tags were also made from cream card in my stash  as they were not a standard size that we had to use.  The card was  originally the folders that individual wedding photos come in. When we cleared FIL's and my parents houses we ended up with a lot of duplicates of ones we already had, so again waste not want not the empty folders went into my stash.
As I have used mostly everything from bits and peices am popping over to Pixies Playground for a go on the swings.
 
Entering into the following:
Pixie's Crafty Workshop: Use up your snippets.
Dream Valley: Pearls and  Lace.
613 Avenue Create: Anything goes.
Ladybug Crafts Ink: Anything goes.
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything  but Square.
Simon Says Stamps: Anything goes.
Make It Monday: Link up Monday.
Crafting for all Seasons.  Anything but a card.
 
 




22 comments:

Debbie said...

Just gorgeous Mrs A. Love the script print on them.
Debbiex

Createology said...

I adore your tags. The varieties are all wonderful. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

scrappymo! said...

These are so special. I love how you printed the one image over the other...so...do you print the script and then run it through again to print the image or do you do some Presto Change-o thingy with the computer to accomplish this.
Presto Change-o...Alakazam! is Little Mr P's latest saying! teehee

Shirley-Anne said...

Very interesting .Love these tags
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Sherry said...

Lovely tags Mrs A - especially like the reading one. I always like doing image transfers but haven't heard of that paper you used before.

I love your box in the post above too - that's a gift in itself.

Happy Easter to you and The Doc xxx

Doreen said...

Beautiful tags,fabulous designs and gorgeous images.xxx

Jennifer said...

Great tags, Mrs A...so pretty.

Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty, and good luck in the draw.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Merry said...

Wonderful, this looks like a fun technique

Catherine said...

I love your tag Mrs A ! I had never heard of the transfert paper before, got to try it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Jingle said...

These are absolutely beautiful! Very nice! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Hettie said...

Pwetty! Very pwetty!
Hugs
xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

These tags are super fab, Mrs A!!! Lovely! Hugs, Lesley

Pia S said...

Such gorgeous vintage tags! I love how the images are merged with script - it creates such a great look! Love them all! Visiting you from MIM.

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning Tags Mrs A xx

Di said...

Wow, how totally gorgeous Mrs A - I love all of them. Intrigued to know about this TAP magic - if it involves you dancin' on the tree house roof why would I be in the least bit surprised?!

Hugs, Di xx

Darnell said...

These are exquisite, Mrs. A.! Truly stunning what you have accomplished and still kept them lightweight and flattish!!

Sandy said...

Delightful tags, love the vintage images,
Thanks for joining in the challenge at 613 Avenue Create and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Sandy

Whimsey said...

These are fabulous and very intriguing!!

Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink!

~Michele

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Beautiful tags, and it's great when you can learn a technique while doing them. Thanks for Sharing at Crafting For All Seasons.

Sharon said...

These are gorgeous tags. The images design and embellishments are beautiful.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Dream Valley.
Hugs Sharon. x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeous tags. Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink.
Diane xx

Helen said...

These are gorgeous - love the vintage style.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x