Saturday, March 02, 2013

Party Time.

I made this card for a swap and it is now well on its way to Australia. The theme for the swap  was use a stick pin somewhere on your card.  The digi stamp is by Little Miss Muffet
and to my mind was just crying out to have a pin as an adornment in her hair piece. I have scaled the pin size down accordingly. The style of the ladies dress also seemed to me to fit this window die by Spellbinders so the card just evolved from there
 
 
Coloured in using distress markers and pearlescent chalks. Even though I have purchased some more of the pens I am still curtailed somewhat for choice of colour so think a little spend is in order. (All in the name of art you understand!) The window was cut  from seperate cardstock and adhered to the front with sticky pads for a 3D effect and to see the scene behind which is has been  coloured directly onto the card front. Sentiment is a clear stamp by Kanban. 
 



Entering into the following challenges:
Moving along with the Times : Lovely Ladies.
Ooh-La-La Creations:  Sparkle & Shine.
Simon says Stamps: Anything  goes.
LEJ Designs: For a lovely Lady.
Divas by Design: Anything goes
Craft us Crazy: Anything  goes.
All Sorts: For a Lady.
Digital Tuesday: Birthdays
 
 
 

 



10 comments:

Unknown said...

The image works perfectly against the window scene. I agree a spend is needed - you can never have enough colours to play with.

Di said...

Beautiful Mrs A - yup, go and treat yourself!

Hugs, Di xx

brenda said...

A really pretty card and I rather like the look of that window die - looks like another one for the wish list.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

I have a little competition running with lots of prizes and it would be wonderful if you joined in, you can check it out here

Jo Nevill said...

I love the scene you have created. Lovely image too.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

Hugs

Jo x

Kelly said...

She is so demur and the scene you created is really nice. I love the window.
Thank you for joining us at Divas by design.
Hugs Kelly

Cumbrianlass said...

A super card, thanks for joining in the lejdesigns Challenge
Janet

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card Mrs A and what a fabulous image and the window looks good too! x

Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful card! I love the window!

Anke said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Good luck
hugs Anke

Faye said...

Never mind you raiding the Flufferie, I gotta get me in The Pod. Cool window die, as you say perfect with your lady, I really should know her name! X