Thursday, March 14, 2013

Having Fun.

The challenge with Crafty Hazel Nuts this week is to use Santa or his helpers on your Christmas Card. A quick look through my stash of recycled used cards produced Rudolph taking some time out having fun skating. Hazel did put 'Helpers' so another trawl through found these eight toppers which all had red noses and we all know there is only  one Rudolph so some quick blackening with a drawing pen and black sticker pearls and hey presto the rest of the team! 


A centre step card again.The sentiment had been saved from another used card and the green card stock and backing papers from my stash. I didn't have a die cut to fit the image  (without cutting the original card down drastically) so I used my corner punch to create the shaped edges.instead. A dollop of glossy accents on his nose to match the shine of the pearls on the others.

I must admit they do rather look like the huntsmen's trophies mounted as they are but I would just like to reassure my readers that no Reindeer were shot or hurt in the making of this card!

Entering into the following:
Crafty Hazel Nuts: Santa or his helpers.
Hiding In My Craft Room: Super Scraps.
Created with Love: Different Fold.
Crimbo Crackers: No Stamped images.
C.R.A.F.T Challenges: Christmas in March.
Crafty Hazel Nuts Extra: Anything goes.

15 comments:

MagsB said...

Oh what a fun card!

love Mags B x

Createology said...

Your cards are such a joy. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Catherine said...

This is so cute Valery Anne ! I love the shape ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Merry said...

Wonderful, your post made me smile about no reindeer having been shot.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Mrs. . Such a lovely fold and pretty cute card. Thanks for sharing at Created with Love, Sandra xxx

Chris Hanselman said...

Adorable card. I love that you recycled on this one. Thanks for entering our different fold challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

Unknown said...

Very happy and colourful card enough to put a smile on my face.xx

scrappymo! said...

This is so cute and i didn't think of the huntsman trophies at all.
I did have a giggle when i read it though!!!

I want to try these step cards. I have found directions, just have to get up my courage!

Little Miss C loved that "something
special" and boy oh boy, did she ever think it was special.

She is making you a thank you card this weekend...soon as I can get over there to help her...it's a secret which image she is colouring right now...teeeheehee

After I walked her to school on Wednesday and then went back to hers with Mr P, she asked me to stamp up 2 of every image she owns! Thank goodness I had copic paper with me! So you see, it truly is a secret!

Hazel said...

Good to see Rudolph having fun - delightful card - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon x

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What a creative idea to recycle Christmas cards like this! I love it!

Scrappin Mama said...

So cute!! Love the Rudolph, Thanks for sharing with us CreatedWithLoveChallengs
Lisa O

Lady Bug Stampers said...

What a sweet card, love your fold. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Created with love challenges.
Linda K.

Kim Ryden said...

Christmas Cards already?!?! You are inspiring! Thanks for playing with us this week at HIMCR!

carol said...

lovely sweet card, thanks for joining in with or Christmas in March challenge at CRAFT, x carol

Tip Top said...

What a great idea! I've still got last years cards somewhere..... better have a look through them! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers