Sunday, January 31, 2021

Ring The Bells

It is my turn to set the theme for the girls over at the Christmas card club so I made sure I was bang on time today.  I have chosen Bells as we don't seem to have used those for quite a while. In fact the one  digi image I have is from a Lady Anne's   Progressive challenge way back in May 2013 and I think I have only used it once more since then! I found some silver sticker bells in my stash and then I bought a further 2 digi images from Etsy shops that caught my eye. 

Card 1 using the image by Priscilla Styles from the progressive challenge but  neither Prisciulla's blog or the challenge are current anymore. 
I decided to make easel cards and this one uses circle dies from Clarity Stamps to make the base and cut the image out which is a circle design  anyway. 
Colored using my Graph'it pens, silver gel pen and silver glitter glue.  The Merry Christmas is a Tonic die cut using silver glitter card. 

Entering this card into the following challenge:
Fezziwigs Festive Frolics # Anything festive goes. 

Card 2  using a digi image  called Bells and Holly by 'A Creative Need'. Coloured again using my Graph'it markers, Gold gel pen and gold stickles glitter glue.  The sentiment is a stamp by  Woodware embossed with gold powder. Gold glitter cardstock used on the base card. 


Card 3  using a digi image called Jingle Bells 3 by' Hellens Ar't. I have used a' Press - Cut ' Scalloped Edge die cut for the layers. The sentiment is by Dovecraft and embossed in gold powder. The image coloured using my graph'it pens, gold gel pen and gold stickles glue.  The jingle die cuts are by Xcut. Gems from my stash. 

Card 4  using  silver stickers I found in my stash so I made a monochromatic card with them. The large Merry Christmas die is by' Sweet Dixie' and cut using silver holographic paper which I had adhered to plain card stock before cutting out.  If you look closely you can see that the stars came from the inside of the bells. I used another one on the inside  of the card. 

This last card is to enter into Mo's January Rudolph Challenge using a recycled christmas card front.
I have challenged myself this year to not only make 12 christmas cards per month Jan -Nov but to also do one extra one each month using the 12 days of christmas as my theme. January is 'A Partridge in A Pear Tree' which this card is perfect for. 

 I have used a First Edition Nesting Stamp die cut for the layers and drop shadowed them by offsetting slightly and using scraps of cardstock glued beneath to give the extra height needed. (I rarely use 3D pads anymore, only for very small items such as flowers.  I have drop shadowed the sentiment too which is by Tonic. 

I am pleased to say I have managed my Bakers Dozen for January. Yay!!.

Stay Safe and Well

Hugs 

31 comments:

Valerija said...

Your cards are all so gorgeous! Wonderful images and designs.
Valerija xx

Aquarius said...

Goodness me you have been busy making all these lovely Christmas cards and with a good variety of bell images as well. Also like the idea of making an extra one each month using the Twelve Days of Christmas theme.

brenda said...

My you have been busy, what a super collection and good luck with your personal challenge on top of the first.

B x

Rita said...

Beautiful array of cards. I love them all. Hugs Rita xxxx

Freubelmina said...

Oops oops, what made you another beautiful series of Christmas cards Mrs A.
Especially with the latter I am very much in love ...
Have a great day and love, Wilma xx

dutchess said...

A wonderful selection of beautiful cards Mrs A...my you have been busy with the lovely images and die cuts....it was a great challenge theme and I have enjoyed creating for it ...take care xxxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning set of Christmas cards. I love them all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Margreet said...

Gorgeous series of Christmas cards, Mrs A. That took a lot of work.
Have a great Sunday. Here it is freezing with a blue sky (so beautiful).
xxx Margreet

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fabulous collection of Christmas cards Valery Anne.

Sue xx

Kath said...

A lovely selection of cards - good to know you've hit your baker's dozen target too.
Kath x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous collection of easel cards for the challenge this week Mrs A and what an achievement to reach 13 cards this month too, you will be way ahead by the end of 2021.
Lorraine

Donna said...

Such a fabulous collection of cards, I like the easel design and all the good and silver! What a great start on Christmas!

Chris said...

Beautiful cards Mrs A, a lovely variety of designs and all very different.Well done for achieving your target of 13 Christmas cards this month, that's pretty impressive.
xx

Brenda in IN said...

Lovely easel cards and that silver card is elegant. The jingle bell card is so cute. The partridge card is beautiful. The colors are so eye catching.

rachel said...

Brilliant makes Valery - really diverse and all really lovely! Your theme pushed me out of my comfort zone but I enjoyed it - thankyou! Hugs rachel x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, you have been really busy!! How many lovely cards with bells, just ready for Christmas! Love especially the easel cards!

cuilliesocks said...

WOW what a wonderful array of gorgeous cards Valery, you certainly were on a roll, your colours and designs are marvellous.
Thanks for the challenge, I did enjoy it and had planned to make more than one card, ended up I just didn't have the time, keep safe, Kate x

gwen70 said...

Wow you have done so many, all beautiful xx

pinky said...

What a gorgeous collection of cards ValeryAnne. Love the easels in all the different shapes.

Sandra H said...

What a wonderful selection of cards and the bells 🔔 on each of your cards are lovely you made good with them all and well done on your bakers dozen so proud of you x

Suze said...

Well done on meeting your target in January, Mrs A. A lovely set of cards. I like the shine in your cards. Some lovely images too.
What a great idea to work through the 12 Days of Christmas each month. Never thought of doing that!

Diane said...

All of your designs are so gorgeous, love the Partridge in A Pear Tree it really is stunning.

Hugs diane

Gibmiss said...

Hi Valery
Fabulous selection of Bell cards ...well Done ...
Hugs Sylvie xx
Keep Safe

scrappymo! said...

Fabulous cards, Mrs. A. Each and every one.
I can not pick a fave as I like them all equally. You have certainly been busy creating so many lovely cards.
Sorry I did not take part yet again. Once my health issues are sorted, I will be back.

Thanks for taking part in the first Rudolph Days Challenge this year!

Mac Mable said...

What stunning easel cards, with fabulous images and plenty of wonderful bling x. The silver stickers card is so pretty and your partridge in a pear tree card is amazing x.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Golly you have been busy!! These cards are all lovely, what great makes, I dont think I ever use bells on my cards either. Im going to try them!!! Thanks for sharing with me over on Fezziwigs, Hazel xx

Carol S. said...

WOW!! Mrs. A, your cards are a fantastic selection. All stunning designs and beautifully coloured too. Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

Liz McGuire, said...

Oh my, busy busy bee! All totally fabulous, Liz x

Christine Harrop said...

Gosh you really have been a busy girl ValeryAnne. All different, all fabulous. Thanks for a great challenge. Christine xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Great selection of cards, I especially like the first one x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning cards so pretty. Sadly I can't join in the butterfly challenge this time, my DT schedules are full for this month....next time. xx