Saturday, January 23, 2021

More Gaps

Well what a week that was. Firstly the next visit to the Dentist where he had to unscrew the titanium bolt and then check new bone growth was okay. He then took the impressions for the new cap. Of all the prodeedures to date that was the most uncomfortable. If anyone has had a mold of their teeth taken you will know what I mean! Coming out of  car park afterwards The Doc scrunched his bumper against a pile of bricks he hadn't seen.  Spent the next few days 'Hunter Gathering' for replacement tubes (out of stock on one site) for my white light craft lamp. Then the china pot in the Crock Pot (slow Cooker) developed a bad crack right across the bottom so had to go on the hunt for a replacement. I now have a spanking new bright red one which I will be trying out  tomorrow as it has now done its 72hrs quarantine . Finding a food delivery slot has been the most elusive but finally managed to get one for Monday. Phew. 
In between that I have managed to write up another two versions of the Gap Card and they are now showing over on the Butterfly Blog  under the Card Shapes Tag so without further ado here is some more inspiration cards for you. 

Version III an upright card.
From the wheel I have used
Gap card/Gingham/Geranium/Granny Smith/Gold/Butterfly.

Paper is a really pretty digital one by Floraiumka. The gingham butterflies are a stamp set by Clearly Besotted which also has a matching die cut to go with it.  I die cut out three extra plain butterflies which I adhered inside the card for extra strength and it does look neater too. The gold stickers were in my stash. 

Version IV Double Gap Card.
With this version I have given you instructions for making it two ways.Again both over on the butterfly blog.
First card. 
From the wheel I have used
Gap card/Gingham/Geranium/Granny Smith/Gold/Butterfly.

Patterned paper was a magazine freebie from several yrs ago and the gingham paper was sent to me.
The Alphabet dies are by Julie Hickey and are a nice size to work with being 35mm high. Perfect for this style of card. Again I reinforced inside with white letters adhered to the backs.

Second card. 
From the wheel I have used
Gap card/Gingham/Geranium/Granny Smith/Gold/Butterfly.

Gingham paper a magazine freebie. The stamp is by Woodware called ' Thankyou Flowers' and is 5.5" tall so a nice size for linking the gaps up.  I have used a sentiment by Clear -2-You from Hobby Art.Part of a set called Roses - BK - HA012. on the inside of the card.

 Gold sticker butterflies from my stash. I have gold embossed the flower and sentiment in Wow gold.  I stamped the flower out first using black ink and coloured in using my Graph'it pens. Then I embossed over the top. Never done it that way before but I am pleased with the result.  Fussy cut out and then edged round using a thick nibbed gold marker pen. 


Thankyou to everyone who has entered a card so far into the Gap Card Challenge and your lovely responses to seeing the Butterflies being back   With so many of you entering  a Full House I have managed to put together another Top Prize. Not quite all the same items but the equivalent of so I have added to those already listed over on the challenge.  I am also going to pick a special draw prize for the entry that most catches my eye using the gap card. So all in all 5 prizes up for grabs.  The challenge is running for another 4 days and will finish on Tuesday 26th January 8pm (GMT).

Also in case you have missed it. there is another Word Search below. You are looking for Garden Flowers this time. Next one coming soon will be Dog Breeds. 

Finally, if you  are still with me I am slowly getting the Spot The Difference prizes out to you all . Sorry for the delay, partly due to getting myself organised/set up using online posting with The  Royal Mail (and the then ensuing learning curve) but each package  has a hand  made item enclosed in it individually crafted for each person. (I have done a lot of online stalking.!!) 


Stay Safe
and 
watch out for your 
NHS invite
for the Vaccine. 
Until then 

HUGS

24 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A what a lot you have been through since I last read your blog. Your cards are all gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Kath said...

My goodness, what a week you've had! Your cards are lovely - I must give try a gap card myself. Online postage is great once you get the hang of it and I look forward to receiving my goodie bag! I hope you have an easier time this week!

Kath x

Freubelmina said...

Well that was indeed a tough week if I read it like this Mrs A!
And what extra nice models these GAP cards!
I'm going to remember them and who knows, I might make another 1.
Thank you for all the effort you put in for us, so sweet!
Have a nice weekend and take care of yourself.
A very big hug xxxx

Margreet said...

Wow, you have not had any time to be bored this week.
Love your new cards for the GAP challenge.
Going to print out the new Word Search.
Have a great weekend and stay safe!
xxx Margreet

Suze said...

What a week you have had. I do know what you mean about the mold being really uncomfortable when it is done (still remember although it was a few years ago now).
I like the new versions of the gap card. Not so sure that I want to attempt the double one - have enough trouble getting a single gap to be stable!

cuilliesocks said...

Goodness me Valery, what a week you've had, the dental trouble sounds awful, you're a brave soul.
Absolutely gorgeous cards, what wonderful designs and lovely bright colours, love them, stay safe Kate x

Chris said...

Your gap cards look amazing Mrs A- such lovely designs. Bet you're glad this week is over- hope the next one is bit less eventful!
Take care.
xx

Mac Mable said...

What a week and the dentist trip sounded 'uncomfortable'!....x. What amazing cards and amazing designs and 'gaps'. Tons of inspiration, thank you x.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have had really a busy week! Hope that your new pot works well and all the things settle down now.
All your three cards are so pretty and love especially the first one. Good idea doubling the butterflies to link the gaps!
Hugs and take care

Liz said...

I hope next week is a much better week for you, Mrs A. You certainly have just had quite a week that you won’t want to repeat.
I love all your different styles of gap cards, thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks again for my Spot the Difference prize, especially my handcrafted item which is just beautiful. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely designs and great examples....xx

Mrs.B said...

Sounds as if you really have had one of those weeks!
Love the cards and the gap card is a great design.
Hope this coming week is uneventful.
Avril xx

LesleyG said...

I’m amazed how you are keeping us entertained while suffering all those dramas. Everything is so much more difficult to resolve, so I hope you have a quieter week. Love your gap cards, and this butterfly one is very pretty xxx

brenda said...

I can totally identify with the dental procedures but you are nearing the finishing post now.

What a splendid selection of cards, my apologies for being a bad blogger, but this MS flare up is slow going. But on the positive side hubby had his jab on Friday, text at 7.30 and went the same morning. We are still a bit mystified how though as our surgery only started last week and he's nowhere near the top of the lists.

B x

Aquarius said...

You've certainly had an eventful week, hopefully things will calm down for you. More great inspiration for the gap cards and good that you are getting a good number of entries. Take care, hugs x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I hope that next week is quieter for you Valery Anne. I Love all three of your gap cards, especially the butterfly one.

Sue xx

Sandra H said...

Aw how awful for you Mrs A you really have been dealt with some bad deals poor you but your a tough cookie l am sure and just got on with it and now hopefully it’s behind you...as l see from your cards wow totally amazing card and so creative the gap card is gorgeous take care and enjoy your day you deserve it x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

These are all really pretty. I should imagine you had to go into 72 hours of quarantine after The Doc pranged the bumper! ;) x

Valerija said...

Wow, amazing cards. Love them all!
Valerija xx

Brenda in IN said...

When it rains, it pours and you have sure had your share! I don't know how you have time to work in cards at all. The dental procedure sounds awful but a red crock sounds wonderful. That I would love to match the coffee maker. Your gap cards are so pretty. I love the geranium card with the gold butterfly and pretty plaid paper. The green and white gingham has my heart too with the soft flowers down the sides. Wishing you a calm and peaceful week to come.

Sally H said...

Sounds like a tough week! Sending big hugs. Hope the dental treatment is over soon and successful. Loving your cards! All very beautiful!

Diane said...

Sounds like you had a trying week. Glad the tooth issue is almost over. Lovely selection of cards and designs Valery Anne.

Hugs diane

Di said...

More gorgeous cards - what a fabulous creative imagination! Your cars are beautiful and clever the back the butterflies as you did. So glad things are getting sorted outHop onto Facebook to see Dudley in the snow - very short clip but he's doing zoomies like a puppy. I've found myself a space to keep a smaller 3.5Lv low cooker out on a worktop! Trouble is, it's out of stock (no pun intended) for the next three and a half weeks. Will reply to your emails ASAP - still here, alive and kicking! Loved Faye's comment :) Stay safe!

Love

Di xx

pinky said...

Goodness you have been a busy woman ValeryAnne! Glad you have come out the other side though :) I am loving your varied takes on the Gap card and was so happy to see your challenge back again as it really makes me try new ideas! You are such a great inspiration! Stay safe xx