Saturday, February 06, 2021

More Bones

Well where did that week just go to. I looked under the sofa in case it was hiding!! Started with my  visit to the dentist and at last six months later I can say I have a full set of teeth again. The new front tooth was fitted without having to file the teeth down either side and it is a good match.  Shame that I still have to wear a mask when I go out!  Just got to get used to my mouth  having so much metal screwed into it. 
We both have our covid vaccinations  finally  sorted for next week albeit mine is at a Pharmacy (as I have to have the Oxford one due to all my allergies and The Doc is having the Pfizer one at the local hub via his G.P. surgery.  Throw in searching for a food delivery slot and I feel like I have been glued to my computer 24/7.

Here are a few more Herringbone cards for inspirations for the current Butterfly Challenge which ends next Tuesday 9th Feb.8pm (GMT).

This first card uses a panel of herringbone. I have a tutorial on how to make  over on the Butterfly Blog on the Card shapes tab. This is Version IV.
From the wheel I have used Herringbone/ Hemp/Hansa Yellow/Hazel/Butterfly.
The herringbone design lends itself perfectly to being a Tri Fold Card.
 
I have used design  papers and hemp from my stash. The butterfly stamp was a freebie from Craft Stamper Magazine Aug 2012 and coloured used my Promarkers.  
 Sentiment by Kaisercraft, the larger die cut frame is a Sizzix thinlits and the smaller a magazine freebie.

Second card is a panel of  Random Broken Herringbone. Again I have written a tutorial for it over on the Butterfly blog. You will find it under Version V
From the wheel I have used. Herringbone/Hemp/Heat Wave/Hansa Yellow/Hazel/Butterfly.
The butterfly stamp is by Stampography and coloured using my Promarkers. Fussy Cut and mounted onto a label die cut by Sizzix and a 2" circle punch.  Sentiment by Kaisercraft. 

Last card is a variation of Version I (again over on the butterfly blog card shapes page) but uses solid blocks of colour opposite one another. I have divided the sections up using a butterfly washi tape from my stash. The label  shape is an SU Punch and the sentiment is by Julie Hickey.


All of the UK goodie bags have been sent out now and I am starting on the International ones .  This click and drop  with the Post Office is certainly a learning curve as the first  one to USA went out wrong. I hadn't enabled the button for printing off the CN 22 Customs Declaration  labels so had to do it manually. My good buddy Miss Di soon sorted me out though. Thanks Di. 

Stay safe
Hugs

24 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous wish I had a spare space in Feb to do this, but next challenge...

Aquarius said...

Some weeks are like this aren't they but good that your mouth is now sorted out. More great inspiration for the herringbone idea.

Freubelmina said...

What beautiful new models you made again Mrs A.
You also used beautiful materials, I took a good look at the photos.
Kind regards, Wilma xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great designs, love the patterns

Liz said...

I love all your herringbone patterns, Mrs A. Very creative.
Having spent one and a half hours in the dentist chair last Monday, I have every sympathy with you for your appointments. Glad everything is finished for you now. xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous. I love how you can use up so many scraps with these designs. I am so pleased that the work on your teeth has finished and that you are both being vaccinated. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Valerija said...

Fabulous cards.
Valerija xx

Chris said...

These designs are beautiful Mrs A- such effective techniques and the results are gorgeous- great way of using up the little scraps I can never bear to throw away! Good news about your vaccinations and it must feel wonderful to have your dental work finished!
xx

Di said...

Totally botched up my comments! Try again:

I said what super cards and also how many there were in the Playground! New trend I think.

Always feel free to ask about Click and Drop although I do think you've cracked it now. It's not the most user friendly system and took me a goos while to feel happy using it. Lock down forced the issue really.

Snow forecast in next few days - here's hoping it's just a light covering - if we even get any and that all is clear by Tuesday! Sigh.

Hugs

Di xx

Lia said...

Wow, this has cost you quite some time to make all those paperstripes. Great using of snippets, I think!
Lia xx

Tina Z. said...

Wow, so creative and beautiful, I have to check all the tutorials. Thank you so much.
You at least have the option to post it all by youself, we still have to go to our local post office, grrrr... Only one customer could be in there and there is a lot of waiting outside, grr...
Crafty hugs xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Valery, your cards are so beautiful, fabulous papers and designs.
Pleased you finally got your teeth fixed, and that you're to have your jabs nest week, me too, it's all moving in the right direction.
Keep safe, Kate x

Hazel (Didos) said...

These are stunning, I had a faux pas with mine and just used a stencil. I got post today and am waiting till morning to open it, Thank You xx Hazel x

Suze said...

Great to hear your teeth are all sorted now. We haven't even started on vaccinations as yet. The frontline workers are supposed to be all vaccinated by the end of March and there should be enough from the first shipment to also do some of the older citizens. I think we are only getting the Pfizer one initially (when it gets here).
I finished my herringbone card yesterday but still need to get around to photographing it etc. I wish I'd held off as I quite like some of the examples above.

Diane said...

Fabulous herringbone patterns, color combinations and designs Valery Anne.

Hugs diane

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful cards and the first one looks really amazing with those colours!
So glad you have finally your teeth!
Hugs

Sandra H said...

Yes these days are going by so quickly l too would be looking under the sofa.....fabulous cards Mrs A so adore your layouts x

Viv said...

Really clever and inventive Mrs A! Great cards. x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Very pretty cards x

Mrs.B said...

Lovely cards Mrs A and this would be a great way of using snippets of paper.
Glad to hear everything was OK with the Dentist - shame about having to wear a mask! Hope everything goes OK with the 'jab'
Avril xx

Carol S. said...

Wow Mrs A these are certainly Amazing designs!! Love the colours too.
We have loads of snow here in Suffolk. We had a blizzard all day from 8am until it got dark and supposed to be having more tomorrow (Monday)!! Hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful inspiration and amazing cards. I am so glad your trips to the dentist have at last finished x....Yes sorry you have to wear a mask....Lol x.

Cindy Groh said...

Love these cards. Fabulous use of scrap papers.

Sally H said...

Wow, wow, wow! How gorgeous are these? I love them!