Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Inside Out Card

Sorry for the delay in publishing this next challenge. I really do not want another week like the last one and dread having to go through it all again in 10 weeks time to have my second vaccination done but needs must .( Never had such a bad reaction before and I certainly do not want to experience the real thing if that was the vaccine trying to teach my system what to expect in the event.) Everyone is different though so please when your turn comes to have the vaccine go and have it done. It is the only way forward out of this Pandemic.

We are at the start of another Butterfly Challenge and we are on the letter I. 


  Your 6  elements are:
Inside Out Card/Ivory/Iceberg/Inch Worm/Inking
+your Butterfly.

n.b.   Iceberg = very light blue
Inch Worm = pale green
Inking  = use distress ink or marker pens to colour with.


There really is only one version to making this card and I have put the tutorial for it over on the card shape tab on the Butterfly Blog. Once you have the concept of how the card is made it is very easy to do but you do need to see the tutorial first  for the full explanation.  
I have 2 examples here to show you. 

Card 1 using Inside Out Card/Inking/Iceberg/Inch Worm/Ivory/Butterfly.

This is the front of the card.


When you open the card up you see this. It is very intriguing! 
Side ways on view.

I have used a Woodware Sentiment stamp for the inside FRS137 and a Butterfly edging die by Joy Crafts.  Th coloured in butterfly on the front is Stamping ups  Papillon Pot Pouri. Design paper  is Simply British, Simply homemade a magazine freebie from several years ago and gems from my stash.

Card 2 using Inside Out Card/I/Iceberg/Ivory/Butterfly.

This is the front of the card.


When you open the card up you see this. 
Side ways on view.
The  digi design paper is by Pink Petticoat  'Dandelion Clocks' Blues. The Love die by' Crafters Companion' and part of a stamp and die set.  The Someone special Sentiment is by Woodware from their Just To Say collection JGCL560. The smattering of small butterflies were out on my desk from another die not used. I coloured one blue using my promarker for the front of the card. 

I do hope you will give this card shape a try.  The challenge is running for two weeks and will finnish on Tuesday 2nd Mar. 8pm (GMT).


Hugs

25 comments:

Aquarius said...

Well this is something new - will have to check out the tutorial. Loving the cards you've made. Pleased to hear you are feeling better after your reaction to the vaccine.

Sue - said...

Never heard of those before Mrs A, Both cards are really pretty. So pleased to hear you’re feeling better and sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction to the jab. Hopefully the second one won’t cause the same! xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous. I have never seen that design before. I am so sorry that you have been so poorly. As you say we are all different. The vaccine is the only way out of this. Stay safe and take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

Absolutely stunning as always your so creative and just love all that you share xx

Margreet said...

2 beautiful cards. I haved checked the tutorial and perhaps I will give it a try.
Hope your 2nd vaccination will give no reaction.
I still don't know when it is my turn.
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

These cards are beautiful Mrs A - and very unusual haven't seen this design before- the soft colours are lovely too.
Glad to hear you're starting to feel better after your nasty reaction to the vaccine, try not to think about the next one- hopefully you will be ok for that. Had my vaccine on Monday- felt exhausted and achy yesterday but I'm fine today, thank goodness.
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and love this design...lovely post. Nice to read you are starting to feel much better now.. xxx

Brenda in IN said...

I'm so happy you got your first vaccine but oh, so sorry you had a bad reaction to it. These cards are so unique. Many of the cards you make are but these really made me go see how they're done. I love the design and the papers on the butterfly card are lovely. These are so fun and a nice surprise when opened.

Mac Mable said...

What a unique card shape and both cards look amazing x. You are so very creative Mrs A. I am thinking of you and here's hoping your body copes better next time x.

Liz said...

Two fabulous cards, Mrs A. Definitely a fold to try. Sorry to hear you've had a bad reaction to the vaccination. I had mine last Saturday and have been feeling pretty rubbish ever since, but nothing as bad as the reaction you had. xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mrs A, That's a fabulous design and such an unexpected edging.
Sorry you had such a bad reaction to the vaccine, but hopefully the 2nd one won't be so bad.
Hugs, Avril xx

Denise Bryant said...

These cards are so pretty! Love the pretty surprise when the card is turned inside out!
Sorry you had such a bad reaction to your immunization.... hoping your #2 shot will go much better! Waiting to get news here in the US on when my turn comes up. I am expecting to be notified by my doctor's office once they get the vaccine there.

coldwaters2 said...

Will have to check out the tutorial never heard of this before, love your makes they are gorgeous
hugs
lorraine x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The cards are beautiful Valery. I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction to the vaccine. My hubby had headache the following day and I woke up in the night a couple of days later with a bad head but this is all good as it's a sign that you body is fighting and building up the anti bodies it needs to fight off the virus but I know it's not pleasant and some people suffer more than others. I'm off now to have a look at how the cards were made. Hugs, Angela xXx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a lovely folding, and the side ways on view shows very well the idea. Beautiful both the cards, the first one is my fav.
Glad to hear you are feeling much better now.

Carol S. said...

Beautiful cards Mrs A. Love butterflies so right up my street!!
Sorry to hear of your reaction to the vaccine. I had my jab on Sunday and have had a unpleasant, different reaction every day!! Still worthwhile having it. At least I know what to expect for the next one!! Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a superb card design Mrs A. A lovely surprise on the inside with those beautiful floating butterflies, just gorgeous.
Glad you are feeling better this week.
Lorraine

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Soooooooooooooooo pretty x

Sally H said...

Absolutely stunning cards! I love them!

Greta said...

Very cool card design--love them both! So sorry you had the bad reaction, but as you say--the vaccine is our way out of the pandemic! Hopefully we'll have our first shots before the end of the month.

Di said...

What great cards and such a clever idea as well! Glad you're firing on all cylinders again!

Hugs

Di xx

Diane said...

What fun card designs Valery.

Hugs diane

lichazul said...

Thankyou so much for inspiration👏💐
Great card so beautiful
Hugs

cotnob said...

Two beautiful cards, a fabulous design - I wondered why I was seeing a lot of this design on lots of blogs, now I know why.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Freubelmina said...

I love this model very much Mrs A and you see my contribution I’ve made,
Thanks you very much for you’re lovely blog xxx