Friday, December 18, 2020

Poinsettia Fun.

First two cards are more of the last ones made for this yr and not shown yet. 
1st card is a digi by  Little Claires Design called Poinsettia Corner.  I do like to see them on christmas Cards. 
I have coloured using my Graph'it and Promarker pens  and gel pen.  I coloured two images up and then
fussy cut  the large poinsettia out and adhered to the first image raising up to give a 3d effect. 
Sentiment is aTonic die Modern Merry Christmas. 

Second Card. is  another digi by Little claire Designs called Poinsettias.  Coloured with my Graph'it pens and promarkers plus a gold gel pen.  I then die cut is using Spellbinders A2 Floral Ribbon Threader. The sentiment is again the  Tonic die Modern Merry Christmas.


Then I was tidying up my desk from doing all the christmas paper  envelopes and had a pile of small snippet strips over. Well I couldn't just  throw them in the bin  could I,  so I sorted into colours and made up the following  5 sheets  by adhering using ds tape to use as backgrounds ready for next yrs cards. 


Then another idea popped up as they do. Why not use one of the sheets and die cut a sentiment and a poinsettia flower from it so I did!  Then following on from that idea why not use the matching embossing folder and make a card up for  the current  Let's Squash It challenge so I did just that.  




So my card is using a die cut by Chloe Endean Designs that has a matching Embossing folder.  I embossed a sheet of white linen stock card and then used one of the sheets from above to die cut the poinsettia die and also the sentiment.  I adhered the flowers more or less over the matching embossed flowers and then added the sprigs of holly randomly onto the background. The 3 red pearls were also out on my desk so waste not want not. 



Here is a picture of the embossing folder and matching die cut. 
Entering this card into the following:
Let's Squash It #3  Use any embossing folder and die cuts or fussy cutting. 
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #392 Use up your snippets (so I did!). 

HUGS
Stay Safe. 
We are not out of the woods yet. 


23 comments:

Kath said...

Lovely cards Mrs A - the first one is my favourite as I love the layered poinsettia.
Kath x

Aquarius said...

Gosh you have been busy with your waste not want not activities - throwing bits away is so difficult isn't it 😊. Great cards and clever use of the snippets for the two challenges.

Sandra H said...

So lovely are all your cards Mrs A and if l was to pick a favourite as Kath l would pick no 3 purely because of the snippets used on the image and l am a great fan of 3D effects the poinsettia is amazing as is the layerings beautiful cards x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love a poinsettia on a Christmas card Valery Anne and yours are gorgeous. I especially love the squashed one and the die cut flowers.

Sue xx

Viv said...

Lovely cards my friend! The first layered poinsettia is my fave!

Freubelmina said...

Hi, ValeryAnne, I also like poinsettias but don't use them enough.
The used poinsettias on your card are very beautiful.
What a good idea to process the rest of the pieces of paper. the 3rd card was also very beautiful!
Dear greetings xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A what a great way to use up Snippets. The card you have made is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A, love poinsettias.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

WOW!! Valery what wonderful cards, I love poinsettias on cards and these images are gorgeous, beautifully coloured and designed too. Your final card is beautiful, lovely embossed background and a great use of snippets, Kate x

Margreet said...

Beautiful poinsettias on your first 2 cards.
And what a great way to use your snippets and a great idea to make another poinsettia too. Love the embossingfolder and die!
xxx Margreet

pinky said...

Your poinsettia cards are so beautiful Valery. Hard to beat that flower. What a great idea for your left over strips. I love what you have made!

Chris said...

Beautiful cards Mrs A. The poinsettias are all beautiful and look wonderful, so bright and festive.
xx

Glennis F said...

Beautiful cards, I have just used that folder too, but left it white

Kathleen said...

A great poinsettia stamp and two lovely cards and great ideas for the snippets.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable cards and very nice designs. Merry Christmas. 🎄

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

These are all lovely cards, but the third one is super, super pretty x

Dotty Jo said...

A lovely trio of cards! I especially like how you used the matching dies and EFs for your final card - looks great. Thanks for joining us at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Mrs.B said...

Lovely cards Mrs. always love to see Poinsettia on a card and the first one is a stunner.
Avril xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW, these are all lovely, what great makes, Hazelxx

Sarn said...

Oh that's pretty trio of cards.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three lovely cards and such beautiful backgrounds made with leftover strips!! The last card is very unusual, you are so creative!

Di said...

Gorgeous cards! Your snippets entry is my favourite - that EF and die are so lovely!

Hugs

Di xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the patterned flowers atop that embossed matching background!! So delighted to see this beauty at Let's Squash It!!