Sunday, April 29, 2018

Christmas Wreaths and Bunnies.

Still looking over my shoulder and checking my phone and emails for alerts coming in for any more hacking. Surely 3 times  in two weeks is enough . I have certainly had enough!!  It has completely drained me and left me not feeling much like blogging at all to be honest.
It is time though for the girls in the Christmas Card Club to show our next  makes and Rita set the theme of Christmas Wreaths. I didn't feel like creating anything from my old christmas card stash but as I'm now woefully behind in my card numbers I had a look in my freebie christmas papers and found an assortment of wreaths so here they are made up into cards. Should have posted these this morning so apologies to Rita for being late but lighting was abysmal last night and not much better on today but needs must.

First 3 cards are all door wreaths which are by Hunkydory and a freebie paper set from Making Cards Dec 2015 called Traditional Christmas.

This first image had a black door and grey brick walling so was just crying out to have a black/white design paper added behind it. This was a Making Cards Freebie paper in their Christmas Papercraft Special 2017. I glued the paper door image onto a scrap of cardboard and when dry fussy cut along the die cut edge. Ran a gel marker pen around the outside  to soften the cut edge.  I made a card base from silver cardstock adhered the design paper and then attached the door image on top. The Noel sentiment was from the same printed sheet as the doors.

 I made the Second and Third door wreath cards  by again gluing the door image to cardboard and fussy cutting out. Again I ran a gel marker pen around the edges to soften.  This time I raised the door images up on 3D double sided tape for dimension. sentiments were from  more freebie papers. The red door has a digi design paper from Nitwits Christmas Too set  by Mary Fran called 'Square Russet' as the backing paper. The  green door uses a freebie paper from Making Cards Christmas Edition 2016 called 'Christmas Florals' as its backing paper.
  
 Next 3 cards are wreaths from a Making Cards Freebie magazine  Christmas Edition 2015.
Digi Design paper for this card is from Nitwits 'Christmas Linen Too' collection and called Stargreen.
The yellow tartan bow on this crd and the one below both cried out for a 'Moroccan  Gold card stock to be used with them.  The image and sentiment were glued to cardboard and then cut out and raised with 3D double sided tape for dimension.  The sentiment is from  a sheet in Making Cards Freebie Christmas Papercraft special 2017. 

On this next card I found the snippet of green cardstock in my odds box which I had previously die cut the scallop shape from and used on a previous project. It fitted the holly wreath image perfectly which I simply attached behind before  adhering to the digi design tartan paper from Nitwits 'Christmas Linen too' called appropriately 'Tartan Green'.  Sentiment was another freebie from the same papers above.  
 Last wreath card uses another digi paperr by Nitwits called 'Holly Red' from their Christmas Linen Too collection. Again glued  to cardboard but this time I rounded the edges with my Xcut Large corner chomper.  The sentiment is from another freebie sheet in the Making Cards Christmas Papercraft special 2017.

Now I was going to call it a day but suddenly realized April is a short month and I had not done a Rudolph  card or a card for a special challenge I had really wanted to enter earlier in the month which required a bunny to be on it. Whilst putting all the christmas papers away I spotted a Making Cards Freebie  November 2015 set of papers by Joanna Sheen/Susan Wheeler called 'Christmas in Holly Pond Hill'  so I quickly made up the next card to enter it into both of the challenges.
Card base is silver cardstock to which I adhered raspberry card to. The paper image is glued to cardboard and then cut to size. The sentiment is from the same set and given the same treatment . I raised the image and the sentiment up on 3D double sided tape for added dimension.  There were smaller images of the same picture in the set so I cut and adhered one on the inside of the card too.



Entering into the following challenges:
Scraps of Life By Scrappy Mo# April Rudolph challenge.
Crafty Nomad# It's a Bunny Hop. (Gail is celebrating her 50th Birthday).

I am slowly catching up with all your blogs and will be with you shortly.



33 comments:

Glennis F said...

Wow! What a busy time you have had! Super cards

rachel said...

wow Valery - what a fabulous array of cards - you really have done well. So sorry to hear about your troubles. Hugs Rachel x

Liz said...

So sorry you are the victim of all this hacking, Mrs A. Hopefully it won't happen again, it must be a really upsetting and frustrating time for you.

Lovely selection of Christmas cards. I'm really behind with mine, I think I need to get on with some batch making to catch up. xx

Kathleen said...

Some really fabulous cards here Valerie, the wreath cards are all have super wreaths, designs and images and love the Christmas bunnies.
I had two phone calls today, one female and one male pretending to be from Talk Talk technical dept. both wanting to get into my computer. I told them that liars never prosper in life and they should be hung, drawn and quartered, they both hung up on me, I don't know why!!??
Don't let them get to you, move on, I know it will be hard but they may not have got your money but they have affected your health and that isn't on.

Kath x

Mary said...

OMG, I am so sorry to hear about the hacks. I was hacked too, someone got into my credit card and tried changing the mailing address and phone number. They also tried to charge something. Thankfully, the company notified me. That said, it took hours for them to be convinced I am me. I wonder sometimes if it isn't an inside job, because it didn't take long for the criminal to get into my account. Ok....I hope your hours spent t will not need to be repeated. As for your cards...my goodness you do great work when stressed!. I love the doors and your wreathe is perfect. Now on to the bunnies. I love Holly Pond Hill and your card brings those "ladies" to life. As always, great job!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How many works you have done!! Wow! Seven wreath cards is a big number and they are all different! I have some free paper packs from magazines, and always forget to use them... You mixed and matched so well them with all the others items from your stash! The doors with the hanging wreaths are just stunning and so elegant! Love the others, too! My favourite is the last one, with those cute bunnies and the traditional colors!
Hugs

Christine Harrop said...

Wowee!! What a fabulous collection of cards. I just love all those doors. And all different. You're a miracle worker Mrs A! And I mustn't forget those cute bunnies. Christine x

Jane Willis said...

What a wonderful array of cards, you are all set up for Christmas now. Sorry to hear about all your computer problems, it sounds as if the hackers really have it in for you at the moment. Hope they leave you alone now.
Jane

scrappymo! said...

You have made so many fabulous and wonderful wreath cards. Well done, you.
i am especially loving the first three..the door design ones!a

dutchess said...

A wonderful selection of wreath cards Valery....you have been busy...they are fabulous....all that work when you don’t even feel like crafting....hope you have a quiet time on the computer front xxxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow what a fantastic collection of cards here Valery, I love the doors with the wreaths in fact I love them all.

Sue xx

AlisonC said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all your troubles. It really takes all the fun out of it and I don't wonder that you are losing the will to blog. This is a great collection of cards, though, and you will be pleased you did it come December.
Sincerely hoping all runs smoothly and safely for you this week. x

ionabunny said...

Hi Mrs A. Sorry you are having so much grief from small minded people. Don't stop blogging! You would be so missed. Those bunnies are so cute. Thank you for joining my bunny hop. Good luck. Hugz

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Your wonderful array of cards is excellently created.
Love them all and their wonderful designs.
Such super wreaths too.

Not sure if this might help about your hacking but I have just thought about it.
My Son works in IT and always uses 2 routers to stop anything like this happening hope this might help.

Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A I am so sorry for all the troubles you have had. I do hope that they have come to an end now. I can't believe how many cards you have made. They are all gorgeous. I hope you have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Valery you have been so busy creating all these wonderful cards, I love the selection of wreath cards, all so stylish and beautifully designed.
The bunnies are gorgeous, sweet image and such a lovely card.
Sorry you have been having all the hacking trouble, I do hope that it's all sorted now, it seems almost impossible to keep ahead of these people and so worrying for you, hugs Kate x

Brenda in IN said...

You did a wonderful job of catching up with your cards and everyone is great. Wreaths are so versatile and you can have one for every holiday now. I love the one with the tartan bow. It is my favorite but they are all terrific. I hope your hacking troubles are over. You have been through an ordeal with them.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Valery
Stunning selection... love the First one ,..
hugs Sylvie xx

MaryH said...

Gosh, poor you with all this hacking. Would be tempting to just give up a computer! What a wonderful group of wreath cards you turned out this time. Love all the freebies you collect, and how imaginatively you turn them into such pretty cards. That door was a splendid base to showcase a wreath, and agree, the black door needed just the elements you added (the brickwork looks very textured too). The wreaths and backgrounds each added such individuality to that door design. And the bunny group was just perfectly adorable, and fit Rudy and your other challenge to a T! TFS & Hugs. Good luck with a quiet, no pc problem week too!

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful cards Mrs A! Sorry to hear you have been having troubles, hope all is well soon.
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Anne said...

What a lovely selection of cards, you're not doing too badly looking at your tally of 32
You have had a terrible time with the hacking, really hope it's all sorted out now. Technology is fantastic when everything is working properly but can also be a complete nightmare
Anne x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oh my word! You certainly have excelled yourself for this challenge Valery. Such a lovely set of cards which must certainly help to boost your pile of Christmas Cards. You were on a roll, all fabulous and beautifully designed.
Lorraine

Greta said...

These are just beautiful, Mrs A! I love every one of these! Hope your internet troubles are over!

Darnell said...

Sending you a big squishy hug, Anne. What a lot of bleep you have been through with the horrid hackers. I don't blame you for feeling anxious and wanting to throw you hands up. Thank you for not doing that so we could see and be inspired by this incredible array of cards you've made!! I hope they leave you alone now! Hugs, Darnell

Valerija said...

Such sweet cards! Especially love the sweet bunnies!
Valerija xx

Mrs.B said...

A wonderful show of Christmas cards Mrs. A
Avril xx

Zoe Tant said...

Oh my this theme worked for you Valery. What a fabulous selection of cards you've shared. Cute bunnies too! Zoe x

Whisper said...

OMG you have been so busy and love how they are all so different too, thanks for joining us at April's Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam

Mac Mable said...

Thank goodness the hackers haven't come back...you've had your fair share and some.....you have spoilt us with these wonderful cards. So creative and absolutely beautiful x The wreath cards are especially wonderful x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mrs A
A veritable wreath fest.
I have the Hunkydory toppers. Had them prior to my discovering die cutting but still very useful for quick and smart looking cards.
Sorry to hear of the hacking. What a nuisance.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Donna said...

I so enjoyed seeing so many gorgeous cards in one post, WYoming to go! So sorry you are having such computer hassles. Hang in there. Hugs, Donna

Carol L said...

What a wonderful array of beautiful cards! I just love the different front door looks and of course the wreaths are all equally stunning! Look at you having so many Christmas cards ready before summer even gets here! WTG!

Mia said...

This is a collection of gorgeous cards, Valery. Kisses, my friend.