Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Thistle

A couple of bloggers have queried the colour of Thistle with me on the current Spin The Butterfly Wheel challenge..  I have used  Wikipedia's  excellent site for obtaining most of the colours chosen for the wheels. I then went through all my Promarkers,Marvey le PlumeII, Graph'it and Spectrum Noir pens to find the nearest colour match for me to use.
Below is the pen colour I found nearest to Thistle and is what I have used for my cards below.

For this First Card I have used Butterfly/ Thistle /Triangles.
I actually found the digi paper by mistake as I was looking for another one I had stored on my lap top and  opened up a file and found this one instead which is a perfect match for the Thistle.
 Design Paper is from Anastasi Digital Etsy Shop and I covered the entire blank base card with it.
The toppers I found in my stash and I think they are from Hunky Dory.  Again the panel of solid colour down the side of the roses matched the triangles perfectly.

Second Card uses all seven elements of the wheel.

1.     Thistle. (Triangles coloured using my spectrum noir PP3 marker).
2.     Teal.  (Backing paper).
3.     Tomato. ( In the napkin design on the roses, and pots).
4.     Triangles. (Banner)
5.     Two items identical. (Birds on napkin)
6.     Twine. (Holding  banner).
7.     Butterfly. (Butterflies randomly added to napkin and on banner)


The design is one quarter of a napkin which I have adhered using the clingfilm heat method. There are loads of paper napkin transfer  tutorials on You Tube showing this technique. I coloured some plain white cardstock with the Spectrum Noir  marker PP3 and then cut into triangles for the banner  across the top of the card. Twine was from a dress label tag that I had dismantled and was conveniently on my desk. The tiny butterflies are actually the waste product from a tonic butterfly border punch which I cut out in black cardstock. Adhered the larger ones to each end of the banner and then stuck the rest randomly onto the napkin. The 4 U are numeric and alpahbet  transfer stickers and are really old. We found them when we cleared FIL's house out.

The challenge runs for another week. Hope you can come and join in.



19 comments:

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, Mrs A. The triangle paper makes a lovely background for the image. Your second card is amazing, so much detail. xx

Kathleen said...

Two really lovely and clever cards, love the thistle colour.

Kath x

Donna said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous both your cards, love the papers you used and the brilliant use of the recycled twine and leftover tiny butterflies!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning cards, love the gorgeous rose one.xx💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]
❣️

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, love the soft colours of the rose card, but loved seeing how you incorporated all the elements in your second card.

Craftychris said...

Both these are gorgeous! I love the colour thistle, thank you for explaining it. I must check out the cling film heat method, I have not heard of it before, thank you for that too! Hugs xxxxxxx

Sandra H said...

Fabulous are both your cards Mrs A yours so good with the colours xx

Mrs.B said...

Two gorgeous cards Mrs A. I hadn't realised Thistle was such a pale colour - it looks lovely, thanks for the info.
Avril xx

KandA said...

Two fabulous cards Mrs A, especially love what you did with the pretty napkin xx

Greta said...

Both are beautiful, but oh wow--the first one grabs my attention! Stunning & classy--love it, Mrs A!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful pair of pretty cards, and I never would have guessed thistle to be a pink color - I thought of it as a woody, earthy tone, but I'm not about to argue with Wikipedia either! I'll just take your word for it and say you did a great job using it :)

Createology said...

The color Thistle is not often mentioned. You have created two beautiful cards with Thistle colors. <3

Jane said...

Lovely cards and great to see "thistle" as a colour! Enjoy the weekend ahead xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful cards Valery, gorgeous colouring and designs, Kate x

Di said...

Aaah, lovely work - and thistle is such a pretty pink as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Amanda said...

Both cards are beautiful, love happy findings, and the napkin is gorgeous x

Merry said...

Two beautiful cards and i have learnt a new colour. Thanks😊

Mia said...

Two beautiful cards, Valery. Especially the second one is a great inspiration for me, as I love decoupage with napkins. And thistle colour is a lovely colour. It seems like a light ancient rose to me. Kisses, my friend.