Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sunbursts

Time is flying by again and the girls in the Christmas Card Club have been busy with  their latest makes. The theme this time was set by Granmargaret who is asking for 'Two or more pattern papers'.
This just screamed one style of card for me so I have abandoned the recycled christmas card box  in favour of my christmas paper box. I had a look on You Tube to remind me on how to make the card and found so many variations that I sort of got carried away and ended up making six altogether and here  they all are.

First card uses freebie papers from Making Cards 2015/2016 christmas papers. Sentiment is a  clear stamp by Dovecraft  'Tis the Season'. Red card stock used to make the base card.
My second and third cards use papers  by Dovecraft 'Back to basics christmas '. These were all snippets left over from a project I made a few yrs ago now. Snippet of ribbon was out on my desk so I used it!. Sentiment stamp also by Dovecraft.  Card bases are made tent fold style.

This design is also known as Starburst as your centre point is  off to one side of the card.  
On the fourth card I used the same design as on card 1 but repeated the pattern on the bottom half of the card  to make a complete design .  Papers are freebies from  Making Cards Nov 2016.Sentiment is a clear stamp by Kaisercraft.
Fifth card again used the Starburst design but upright this time and the pattern has been inlaid onto a piece of card with spaces left between the papers and gives quite a different effect.  Papers are freebies from Making Cards Nov 2016. Sentiment is by Hot off the press in their ' Forever christmas Cards paper stack.' 

The sixth and last card is my own design.  Papers are all from  Hot off the press  'Forever christmas cards paper stack ' along with the Noel sentiment.  I don't know why the card has come out this odd colour as the backing card is the same red as on the design papers. I have given up trying to work out the mysteries of my camera's choices!  I laid the design papers onto card to make a complete pattern and then die cut out using my sizzix scallop circles. I think it sort of looks like the patchwork 
'Dresden plate.'

As I have used loads and loads of snippets I'm off to play on the swings in the playground. 
See you all there. If Miss has put the pogo sticks out don't touch em!!
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #273/274. Use up your snippets. (I most certainly did but thev'e created loads of little triangles now. )

37 comments:

Createology said...

Great Christmas cards. Come December (before I am ready!) you will be well supplied with your hand crafted cards. Marching on...<3

Glennis F said...

Love your variety of sunbursts

Megan J said...

Hi Mrs A, what a great set of card designs, one that I need to try out, love the one you cut with the scalloped circle die you are right it does look like a patchwork plate... have a wonderful week... Megan

Valerija said...

Really lovely Christmas cards. Love them all.
Valerija xx

AlisonC said...

Fantastic cards. This technique gives a brilliant effect and your final card is a very clever twist. I always find I make more snippets that I use, now you'll need to invent an idea for using little triangles.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow wow wow!!! Six delightful Starburst cards!! Amazing designs on all them, it's difficult choose a favourite! I think the last three cards! The last one is really stunning but love very much the fifth with the whitespaces and the papers of the fourth with that topper!
I have never try this technique, you inspired me so much! Thanks for sharing. I will go on youtube to search how make accurate cuts for the starbusts.

Margreet said...

Wow, great Christmas sunburst cards...great way to use your snippets! Have a nice Sunday!
xxx Margreet

Merry said...

Love all the cards, amazing how different they all look just by moving that central position.

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your Christmas cards are gorgeous I love them all. You have been very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Love this sun burst effect Valerie. All the cards are fabulous and a use such lovely papers too.
Lorraine

coldwaters2 said...

Wow these are stupendous Mrs A the starbursts effects with the lovely papers look amazing, top notch work
hugs
lorraine x

dutchess said...

What a clever idea to use your papers to create these lovely cards....stunners Valery and how different they all look because of the different papers .Enjoy the rest of the weekend xxxxx

Barb said...

You really did go for it Mrs. A. A great way to use snippets and you've made a beautiful set of cards. Making a good start for Christmas. Great work. Barbxx

Brenda in IN said...

What a wonderful way to use up extra scraps and still have fantastic cards! This looks labor intensive but what a "wow" impact they have. I love them all but your own design is my favorite.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous display of your sunburst creations..love them.xx

Rita said...

Wonderful display of cards Valerie. They all look beautiful and a great idea for using up scraps of papers too. I have loads. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Amanda said...

Love your Christamas cards, what a good idea!

Amanda said...

Love your Christamas cards, what a good idea!

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful cards!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Viv said...

Christmas??? Can't think of Christmas when we still haven't even had Spring!! - but you're doing a great job with these Mrs A and a clever way to use up oddments of paper. x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
oh these are so gorgeous, and wonderful designs.
Such a very clever way to use up snippets too.
My fave is your own design and how clever to make up your own design.
Now I expect you have lots and lots of Christmas creations ready for the end of the year.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

MaryH said...

AWESOME! (we must have been channeling each other!!!). Great use of your snippets and wow, did each one turn out so beautifully. The papers on each card combine so well to form the design, and thanks for reminding me I used some snippets! These look like quilts to me too! Another idea, as I have a sunburst die, that I never even thought of for this challenge! Big Hugs & TFS (hope you're enjoying your new decorations & space too).

Craftychris said...

These are all wonderful! I have never tried this technique but after seeing your beautiful array of cards, I will add it to my 'must try' list! I will avoid the pogo sticks in the playground - it would be a definite accident waiting to happen! xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely amazing cards Valery, it's a brilliant design, must have a go at it, and your choice of papers are fantastic, love all of them, Kate x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Valery
Wow stunning cards... love the papers...
Hugs Sylvie x

Kathleen said...

Wow, what a fabulous collection and all using different methods and papers and especially the great design by your self.

Kath x

rachel said...

amazing Valery - these are truely brilliant! Hugs rachel x

Di said...

Fabulous cards Mrs A! I need to try that technique again - great fun to cut and stick away. And you did some wonderful variations too!

Hugs

Di xx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Awww great work, Mrs A. I love them all, something about sunburst that really are appealing and perhaps addictive too 😁 I've so much neglected designer paper....
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

KandA said...

What a fabulous selection of starburst cards and a great way to use up all your snippets xx

Zoe Tant said...

Wow what an awesome display of papers on so many lovely cards. Well done Valery you have been busy. Zx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow what a fantastic collection of cards you've made, I love all of the different Christmas papers that you've used too.

Sue xx

Carol said...

Wow Mrs A, you've been busy...lots of paper snippet busting gone on here! Love the different effects but the last has to be my favourite. Carol x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Valerie, love all your eye catching designs. Glad you said the last one reminded you of the quilt pattern Dresden Plate, I knew it reminded me of something, and I'd have been wracking my brains all day to remember it! It is really stunning, and I love the inset one too. Going on my mental list of things to try, which I will promptly forget, lol. Hugs, Shaz XxX

Elizabeth said...

Hi Valerie, I've just had to follow you again - I'd been thrown off for some reason! All your cards are fantastic - love the basic starburst design, a very good way of using up lots of snippets of patterned paper. Elizabeth xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous sunbursts Mars A, such a clever way to use up snippets.

Love and hugs
Maarit