Friday, March 10, 2017

Spring Pansies

I'm just about to send off my card for the March Chain Card Swap that I am participating in and realise Iv'e not shown the card I sent out in January yet. My partner for that month was my lovely blogging friend Greta. The  colours to use on your card were Royal Purple, Crocus and Buttercup which just screamed out pansies to me. I chose the theme of Friendship and to incorporate the products  Buttons and Twine if you wanted to.

I used a scalloped blank card base and then yellow cardstock to die cut the Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Marvelous Squares'. From the insert I then further die cut 'Pansy CR1305 ' by Marianne Design. I relaid the insert back into the piece of yellow card that I had cut it from and adhered to the card blank front. This left me with the pansy recess So I recut the pansy die from snippets of green, purple and mauve card and carefully glued the little pieces back into the recessed area to recreate the pansy. I then used a really tiny hole punch to make a yellow centre for the flower. The buttons are Joy Crafts 'Button die 6002/0057'  which I threaded with a scrap of mauve/white bakers twine from my stash.  The sentiment is from a combined stamp/dies 'Notelets set 'by Sizzix which I stamped onto a snippet of white card and die cut using SU's 'Word window' and 'Modern label'.
For the inside of the card I die cut a purple Marvellous Squares and popped the left over yellow insert from the yellow card on top. Sentiment is from the same Sizzix combined set and Su's 'Decorative label' die from an offcut of white card.

I have used lots and lots of snippets up so I'm off to join the rest of the gang in the playground
Pixies Crafty Workshop #271/272 Use up your snippets.

P.S. Please check out the recent winners of my 7yr Itch blog candy as not everyone has claimed their prize yet. You have until 15th March. After that if you haven't  come forward I will do a redraw. 


24 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two fabulous cards here Valery, I love the gorgeous pansy die you've used and the colours of the card too.

Sue xx

Barb said...

Your card is so pretty Mr. A. Such a pretty pansy die and I love the colours. I really like how you've finished the inside of your card. Greta will be delighted, I'm sure. Barbxx

rachel said...

lovely cards Valery - so very pretty. I look forward to seeing what you do with your powertex!!! Hugs rachel x

cuilliesocks said...

Two lovely cards Valery, love the colours and the pretty pansies.
Watched your daughter on Hochanda the other day, and boy is she good at her colouring, and I think she gets her sense of humour from you, I really enjoyed the show, though pity about the gremlins in the studio, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your card is stunning I love the pansy it is so pretty. I to watched your daughter on Hochanda she did an amazing job. My daughter loves her Copic pens. I still have a lot to learn. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

Glennis F said...

I love how you have inset the pansy - what a great effect

Christine Harrop said...

The way you have infilled the die cut back in to the space is great. Looks terrific - must remember this. Lovely crd. Christine xx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with the inlay technique!
xxx Margreet

Mrs.B said...

The inlay technique you've used on this card looks fabulous, love the pansy die cut.
Avril xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How pretty pansies and love how you used both them outside and inside the card!

MagsB said...

This is so pretty, Mrs A, what gorgeous colours! I love how you co-ordinated the inside of the card, too! Hooray for snippets, they are so useful!

love Mags B x

Unknown said...

This is really lovely! Gorgeous card for a friendly card swap!
Lucy x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Loverly Mrs A, well done indeedy!! Great use of marvellous squares.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Mrs A. I love how you've coordinated the inside - very clever. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Oh boy this is lovely display of your gorgeous cards. Love the variety of methods you use.xx ♥[aNNie]

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Beautiful card :) love floral cards and the pansy here is very pretty. Such a super cool way to use up snippets!! Love it.
hugs
preeti

Cobnut Crafter said...

Lovely design - we need more flowers at this time of year. Anne x

Brenda in IN said...

I love the inlaid look and this pretty pansy die. I really like the SB Marvelous Corner die too. I like that you used buttons on the card. I have so many and don't use them.

KandA said...

Super card Mrs A and a lovely pansy die. Great way to use the leftovers for the inside xx

Di said...

Love the inlay work - such a pretty card Mrs A! A great way to use up snippets too.

Hugs

Di xx

Greta said...

This wonderful card is still on display so I can enjoy it every day! Thanks again, Mrs. A!

Craftychris said...

This is so pretty! Gorgeous colours and fab on the inside too! xxx

Donna said...

Gorgeous inlaid designs.

MaryH said...

Saw #1 at the Playground, and zipped over for a closer look. Splendid way you've used the S/B framing - and I love the inlay work. The first pansy looks like crewel work! Always like anything that has buttons on it too. Hot pop of color - so pretty. #2 equally lovely - with the deep rich shade of the mat with the flower. Brilliant use of supplies! TFS & Hugs