Thursday, March 30, 2017

Periwinkle.

I was actually meant to be making my Rudolph card last night but whilst browsing your blogs and commenting I came across a challenge which as I just happen to have two of their stamps (and I managed to locate them under all the toot on my desk) I had a little play with one of them using my Marvy LePlume II water colour pens. I like to scribble the colour out onto a pallette and then pick up the colour with a damp paint brush. (I find for me that I am getting better results and feel more in control of the amount of colour I'm using and it really is each to his own.)  The challenge is about to close so I needed to get my skates on so here is the card I have made.

The stamp is by High Hopes and called 'Annie's Periwinkle'. I have had in my stash for ages and never used. To be honest I have nearly given it away several times but glad now I didn't.

Background design paper is a freebie (what a surprise ) from Making Cards from the Nancy Watt collection called Pretty Pansies. The additional strip of stripped paper is another freebie by Jane Whelan Designs. Plain cardstock from my stash.  Here is a close up of her. I'm quite pleased with how she painted up. I have not added a sentiment. Will leave that till later. 

Entering into the following challenges:
High Hopes March challenge # Anything goes.
Artistic Inspirations #175 Anything goes.
City Crafter #355 In Bloom.
Little Miss Muffet #159 Anything goes.
Cute Card Thursday #471 Warm colours/tones.
Dragons Lair # Anytthing goes/spring flowers.



21 comments:

Donna said...

This is so cute and an amazing job on painting her!

Veerle said...

So cute this image. Lovely card.
hugs Veerle xx

Margreet said...

Great coloring of that humoristic image and you made a lovely card with her!
Thank you for my birthday wishes. I told Harry and he was very pleased!☺☺
xxx Margreet

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful watercolouring and papers for this card! Sometimes hurry helps us to discover new possibilities with our stash...

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fabulous card and great colouring, I love the BP's too. I don't think there is a right way and a wrong way in crafting, if it works go for it.

Sue xx

Di said...

So cute! And I agree about scribbling onto a clear block or similar and picking the colour up from there - more control :) Hope all is well no noos is good noos?

Hugs

Di xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a gorgeous card. I do love the image you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Valerija said...

This is so beautiful. I love the cute image.
Valerija xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Valery, what a wonderful image and fabulous design, lovely colours too, Kate x

Sandra H said...

Aww such a cutie l'm glad you kept her and didn't part company your card is gorgeous beautifully coloured too xx

Tina Z. said...

super sweet and great colouring !

Nat said...

your design makes me smile! :) love it!! Thanks for playing along over at High Hopes Stamps! :) Natalie DT

aussie aNNie said...

oooh the cutest. Thanks for your sweet comment on my pics.x
Have a good weekend. ♥[aNNie]

Brenda in IN said...

What a cute image and a sweet card you made with it.

Loose Stitches said...

Such an adorable card, love the image!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Marina said...

Love her gangly legs! Beautifully painted image. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Ros Crawford said...

Your card is so cute!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

AlisonC said...

This is very cute and reminds me of Pippi Longstocking. Your painting is brilliant, well done. x

Stella said...

Such a cute and pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Crafting Andy said...

I love this. Love High Hopes stamps too. I can never part with any stamps (hence why I have way too much stuff). Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.

Barbiedi said...

lovely card thanks for entering the stamping with dragon challenge