Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Mint Edges.

A new challenge has started over on the Butterfly Challenge.
#74 Butterflies + E is of Edges and/or the colour Mint green.
 Here are my inspiration cards for you.


The first card is a bit special as I have used a Tattered Lace die set that I have recently won which was part of the Candy on Sue's Crafty Corner Blog. Thankyou Sue. This set is going to fast become one of my favourites to use.  I cut the the front of the card shape (from an existing card blank) using the largest of the label dies and only putting my cutting plates on half of the die as I wanted the back of the card to remain square.  Then I used the next lable size down and cut from half  a sheet of  mint  green card. The remaining piece was used to matt inside the card. I then chose the Edge 3 mat to cut the pattern on the green card. My Big Shot is getting a bit old and worn now so I found I needed to run it through on several passes and move the die round to a different  position on the plates but it came out fine and the little pieces all fell out cleanly.  Looking through my digi papers I found this one from Funky Hand's 'Minty Madness Collection' paper No5 and it had a very similar daisy pattern on it which looked good with the die edge. The butterfly was  a freebie from Making Cards and was on a sheet called Florals and Flutters. I trimmed a wide edge round the butterfly first and glued onto a scrap of white card stock to strengthen  and then fussy cut more closely. Sentiment is a ready made one from a  Hunkydory Set in my stash. 

Entering this card into the following challenges:
Artitstic Inspirations #174 Anything goes.
Creative Knockouts #183 Die/Punch frenzy
Brown Sugar #240 Anything goes.
Fussy and Fancy #182 Anything goes.
International Art and Soul #3 Fancy borders.
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends #53 Anything goes.
Crafting By Designs #Anything goes.
Creative Ladybirds Creations #24 Anything goes.


My second inspiration card for you uses another paper from the same Minty Madness set by Funky Hand  No 19. I used cream card stock to make the base card  and adhered the paper to the front. The embellishments are from a ready made decoupage set by Hunkydory. I cut the butterflies from a left over piece of the edging strip and placed around the top of the circle (thus making another edge for the theme). The pearls were from my stash. 
Entering this card into the following challenges:
Dream Valley #151 Lots of layers.
Deep Ocean Challenges #150 Dots and or stripes.
A Bit More Time To Craft #39 Anything goes.
Crafting With Friends #38 Anything goes.
Jo's Scrap Shack #178 Anything goes.
Card Mania #90 Pastel colours.
Crafts and Me # Springtime.
Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper # Anything goes.



Hugs

28 comments:

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Two beautiful cards Mrs. A :) love the decorative edges and the color green. The pattern paper is very pretty.
cheers
preeti

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two stunning cards Valery, I love the tattered lace edge it matches the paper perfectly. I was looking to see where the small daisies on the paper had dropped out of the die at first.

Sue xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful both, love the unusual shape of the first one, the gorgous matts of mint green and the fabulous intricate border! The second one looks very sweet with thedecoupaged flowers and love the stripes on the frame and the lovely butterflies!

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous I love them and that mint colour is beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

rachel said...

two really pretty cards Valery - I love the minty green once especially!!! Big hugs rachel x

Valerija said...

Lovely cards!

Brenda in IN said...

Congratulations on your win. This is a beautiful die. The mint paper is such a great find to match the die flower. Beautiful cards.

cuilliesocks said...

Two very beautiful cards Valery, gorgeous colours and designs, Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
well I watched your Daughter eventually this evening.
She is os talented and a natural on the TV.
Loved all her wonderful tips.
You must be overjoyed with pride.
Your cards are wonderful, and their designs are so very gorgeous too.
Love the wonderful designs.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jenny L said...

Forgot to say congrats on your win.

Tamie said...

Both cards are super cute and the dies are awesome. Loving your pattern paper too. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing inspiration with us at Creative Knockouts Die/Punch Frenzy.

Tamie DT

Kathleen said...

Really love the mint papers, they look to be just up my street, also love the die used on the first card and the lovely shades of the pink flowers goes so well with the mint green.
Two lovely cards.

Kath x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mrs A
Both cards are terrific. The papers are lovely.
You must be so proud of Faye. Her colouring is amazing and she was so confident and explained things beautifully.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Congratulations on your win. What super pretty cards too. Your daughter sounds like a bit of a handful if you ask me! ;) xxx

marion said...

lovely cards, thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends anything goes challenge and good luck, hugs, Marion

AlisonC said...

Two very pretty and spring-like cards. The colour is just right for this time of year. I like it with the pink very much. x

scrappymo! said...

These are both beautiful spring cards! Loving these soft spring colours and pretty designs.
I think I will be able to finally get back to entering other challenges. I have only managed Di's for so long now. Your theme this month looks good to me as I have some already cut edges I have been wanting to use up!

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with Creatalicious Rachel DT

Cobnut Crafter said...

Beautiful cards - hard to pick a favourite between them! Anne x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your butterfly cards are GORGEOUS! I am loving the mint colour! Beautiful flowers on the second card!

Joyce Tompkins said...

Such beautiful cards! The mint color is perfect for your challenge. Thanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.
Joyce, DT
www.JoycesCreativeCrafts.blogspot.com

KandA said...

These are both so pretty and I love the mint green colour xx

Greta said...

2 beautiful cards, Mrs. A! Love the beautiful front edge with your new die!

coldwaters2 said...

Two beautiful cards Mrs A I love the die you have used on the first one, the colours on the second are gorgeous, super makes
hugs
lorraine x

Craftychris said...

Both these are beautiful! The die on the first one is gorgeous. Love the colours on both. Your daughter was brilliant on her show. Bless her, she had a long wait! She is incredibly talented, her colouring skills are awesome! You must be one very proud mum! xxx

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with friends, Louise DT x

CG said...

Both cards are lovely, love the mint! The edging on the first one is so handsome. Thanks for joining us at International Art & Soul! Hope you'll join our next challenge as well, starting Sunday. Best, CG

Vixykins said...

Beautiful cards hun x Thank You for joining in the Springtime challenge at Crafts and Me. Please check back soon for winners and enter our new Things with Wings challenge x