Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Kaleidescope

It is time for a new challenge over at


So I would like to see  Kraft card used 
along with your Butterfly/ies of course.
If you use the optional colour then this time
it is to use multiple  colours as in a 
Kaleidescope.


Here is my inspiration cards for you. 



1st card uses blue cardstock for the base.
I have used kraft card to die cut the window frame
which is  Crafts-Too Stitch hole Rectangle dies PCD98.
The image is by Hunkydory from their
Little Book of Shimmer which I have trimmed down
just very slightly so that is sits within the framework.
Butterfly is die cut using memory box Theo/ Whidbey
and kraft card.
Stickers and sentiment is a multicoloured sticker sheet.


2nd card used a pink base card and iridescent ribbon.
Image is from the same book as above along with the sentiment
Butterflies are multi coloured puffer stickers.
Image is adhered to the left over piece of kraft card from
the die cut used above. 


3rd card  is lilac cardstock used to make the base.
Kraft card and another piece of the lilac card are layered up
on top. The image is from the same Little Book of Shimer.
It has a covering of acetate which is adhered to the image using 
multi coloured brads.
 (from my recent win over at
Pixies Crafty workshop.)
Butterflies are Starform iridescent stickers
and the sentiment is glitterations.

Hope  these give you some idea of using multi colours on your project
and that you will play along with the challenge.. 
I'm looking forward to maybe seeing some mixed media
backgrounds on your projects.
Surprise me!!!!

14 comments:

Amanda said...

gorgeous cards,the Humming Bird is my favourite, definitely got to get that little book!

Kath said...

Lovely cards - the first one is my favourite as I love the image and colours!
Kath x

Sandra H said...

Both cards are so pretty the Humming bird is gorgeous as is the watering can filled with beautiful flowers look so real life enjoy your day xx

Lynn said...

Hi Valerie, just popped over from the Butterfly Challenge blog to see what Norm has been up to. I wish he would come and help me paint all of my mom's fence panels!! Beautiful cards - I'm thinking of ideas. Lynn

cuilliesocks said...

Oh I love every one of your cards Valery, all so beautiful with gorgeous colours and designs, Kate x

Michelle said...

These are really beautiful cards and I just can't pick a favourite here! Michelle x

Mac Mable said...

You always create the most amazing and creative inspiration for the challenge, thank you x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
3 wonderfully designed cards.
They all looks so very pretty and wonderful.
Super butterflies on all the cards, and gorgeous ribbon also.
My fave is the Humming bird one though.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

absolutly stunning cards! each one so different, but so Beautiful!!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Stunning cads Mrs A but that humming bird wins hands den fir me,
Shaz in Oz.x

KandA said...

Three fabulous cards Mrs A, so hard to pick a favourite but at a pinch I would have to say the wonderful Hummingbird is the winner. Must try and catch a few butterflies and join in xx

Greta said...

All 3 are beautiful, Mrs. A, but I really love the last one! Gorgeous bouquet & I love the iridescent butterflies!

Diane said...

Wow all three card designs are so pretty.

Hugs Diane

Kimbo said...

Beautiful images Mrs A, so colourful x