Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Dolls

Here they are just hanging around after their spray suntan!!


Then disaster struck. One of the dolls decided to give me a helping HAND with the face painting.

Result? Major surgery. One amputation and a new arm replacement. As you can see she is recovering well after her ordeal and is sitting up already with her pals!!!! They do look rather cute in their underwear don't they. Final photo shoot coming up after they have been to the hairdressers and had a last minute dress fitting.

6 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

They're looking very cute so far!

Do What You Love said...

Oh Mrs. A., these are just darling. You inspire me to do a few dolls again myself. I used to make them for my mom. I love those rosy cheeks and the one with the arm in a sling; how utterly cute. I see the pinafores are so cute - reminds me of the Easter dress my aunt made - had a slip and floral piece to it; it was a Princess dress for me and my sister. This is darling - can't wait to see them all dressed up - you're so darn talented; how groovy is that!?

Sherry said...

LOL - love them! Can't wait for the next instalment.

Faye said...

Thank goodness she helped with the face paint at this stage rather than doing anything helpful when you finished them. x

Cath Ü said...

They look gorgeous in white and bald too... LOL

Cath's Blog
Cath Ü

Anonymous said...

Your dolls are adorable and so are your pretty kitty cats. I have 3 Maine Coon cats, so I can appreciate their value to you! I am one of your swap partners for the Bead Box Swap!!!! So I will get busy and try to have your box out soon. It will be easy because you like the same colorways I do! Have a good week. Marcy
www.queenmarcyoriginals.typepad.com