Monday, March 27, 2017

Hydrangea Mark II

I have been having a play with the  Chinese Brush Painted Flowers Book again  (my bargain buy for £3) and have tried the tutorial for The Hydrangea doing it in Lingnan Style.
The book tells me that Lingnan style uses vibrant colours and spirited brushwork to express the beauty of Hydrangea by contrasting florets over a base of fused colours.  My effort sort of resembles the picture in the book.
I have  used my Marvy Le Plume II  water colour pens to draw and paint with.

I trimmed the watercolour card down in size using Crafts - Too rectangle dies stitch hole and then layered up using various different coloured card stock to compliment the colours in the painting.

Entering into the following challenges:
Come and Get IT Challenges #Spring time.
Crafty Card Makers #185 Spring into Spring.
Love To Craft #8 Anything goes.





19 comments:

Veerle said...

Gorgeous that big hydrangea.
Hugs Veerle x

Liz said...

Beautiful painting, Mrs A. The layered cardstock makes a lovely frame. x

Craftychris said...

So pretty! Beautiful colours. Hugs xxx

MaryH said...

This is so pretty, and you've picked perfect colors to try this very interesting technique. I LIKE it! Lots! But then you're an artist...LOL! Isn't it lovely to get some bargain craft goodies? TFS & Hugs

Glennis F said...

Wow! that is so clever!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous, lovely colours. I just love these flowers.x ♥[aNNie]

Valerija said...

Wow, this is adorable! I love it!
Valerija xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous painting and clever technique used!

Di said...

Fabulous my friend!

Hugs
Di xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card, I love the colours.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card and super soft colours Valery, Kate x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mrs A. This is so pretty, love the soft colours. The book sounds like a wonderful find.
Avril xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning card. I love the hydrangea it is so beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Cara said...

Wow, It looks amazing. Love the colours you've chosen. Cara x

Kathleen said...

Great colours, lovely image and design.

Kath x

creationsnz said...

A real work of heART ValeryAnne, I love it. Thanks for joining our Springtime challenge at Come And Get It, CarolG

Mac Mable said...

Very unique style and loving the artsy look to it x

Donna said...

Amazing card, I am playing catch up today and am enjoying your amazing painting skills Mrs. A.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Such a lovely card, very pretty flower. Many thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx