Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Belts and Buckles

A new challenge awaits over on the butterfly blog. It is the turn of the shaped cards and this time it's
As usual you will find the tutorial for the card over on the blog on the tab ' card shapes' which is under the banner header at the top of the page. Card shapes are all listed alphabetically .

Here are my inspiration cards for the challenge.
On  this card I have used the colours from the wheel of  Baby pink / Bud Green / Burgundy.

Design paper is a digital one called Shabby Roses by Cameo Shop which is on Etsy.  Sentiment is by SU from their 'Wetlands'  Stamp set aR 0270. The butterflies are by Joanna Sheen from her butterflies and dragon Fly die set SD 037.
Entering this card into the following challenges:
Krafty Chicks #700  All occasions.
Allys Angels #78 Anything goes.
The Paper Funday Challenges #61 Anything goes with optional Lets celebrate.

On  this next  Belt and buckle  card I have used the colours from the wheel of  Baby pink / Buttermilk / Bluebell.
Design paper is a magazine freebie from Making Cards Oct 2016  'Pretty Pastels'and I have managed to use quite a few of the pre cut embellishments  shown in my previous posts.  The buckle is a Penny Black die called 'Antique Frame' which I teamed with another die by  Card Deco called stitch round. The border is a tonic punch and the butterfly from the same set as on the card above. 
Entering this card into the following challenges:
Make My Mondays #218 Use your Patterned papers.
Creative Fingers #270 Anything goes.
Love To Craft #78 Anything goes.
The Crafters Cafe #304  Fancy edges. 
The Creative Crafters #72  Anything goes.


My last card is inspiration for the non shape part of the challenge where you can elect to just use the other parts of the wheel. 
I have the colours Baby pink /Buttermilk/ Burgundy. The sentiment and a Border.

The design paper is by Violet Studio from their Essential  Collection.  The initial B stamp is by Clarity and coloured in with my Promarkers. and a silver gel pen.  The border is from a die set by Creative Expressions CED 7127. The sentiment is by woodware from their Cosmos collection Stamp set and the small butterfly is a punch. 
Entering this card into the following challenges:
The Crafty Addicts #9 Anything goes.
Ellibelles Corner #  Anything goes.

Hope you will have time to join in . The challenge is running for its usual 3 weeks so will end on 
Tuesday 20th February. 

24 comments:

Aquarius said...

That style of card is a new one on me but you've made three lovely cards for inspiration.

Margreet said...

Three wonderful creations for your new butterfly challenge.
xxx Margreet

Lia said...

These cards are amazing and I like the shape! Last month no time for the challenge but maybe in february?! Wishing you the best!!
Lia xx

Kath said...

Pretty cards and a lovely fold too.
Kath x

coldwaters2 said...

Truly wonderful creations Mrs A I love the card fold and colours you have used fabulous work
hugs
lorraine x

Pamela said...

what a great way to showcase and used up lots of your patter paper this way. Thank you for sharing this fun belt and buckle card with us at MMM

Ellibelle said...

Three wonderfully made cards with great details and pretty colors on each! I've not seen the belt and buckle cards before, what a fun and interesting design!!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

brenda said...

A really lovely cards as always ValeryAnne.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards and papers,love the fabulous belt and buckle fold.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts.
Carol DT x

Liz said...

A beautiful collection of cards Mrs A. I haven’t seen the Belt and Buckle style of card before, I’ll have to give it a go.
Liz xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
oh these are so gorgeous and such beautiful designs too.
Love the wonderful papers used and the belt and buckle shapes they all look stunning.
Will try and join in if I can as I am trying to blog more.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three beautiful inspirations, and love especially the second one. It's a fabulous folding, so inspiring! I have never seen it before now.
Hugs

Sandra H said...

Three very beautiful and inspiring cards Mrs A the papers are stunning as are the layouts x

Freubelmina said...

What beautiful inspiration cards you made ValeryAnne. Nice new challenge.
I hope you liked my card from the last challenge?
Dear greetings, Wilma xx

Billie A said...

Wonderful cards. Great papers and so glad you shared over at Make my Monday

Freubelmina said...

Thank you for your sweet response, I already thought something had gone wrong because you are always so attentive!
Messages regularly disappear into spam, but your response is not included there either. Love xx

Donna said...

These cards are stunning and I like this technique.

Carol L said...

I've never seen this beautiful and unique fold before but your cards are all so pretty! I really like those pretty floral papers in card #2 with that pretty pink butterfly! Nice job on each card.

Stamps and Paper said...

Three beautiful cards Valery Anne

Anne

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm lovely this style of card ValeryAnne. Some nice designer papers too. Wishing you a very happy creagtive week. Hugs Angedla xXx

Donna Ellis said...

three fantastic creations, ValeryAnne! I've never heard of the belt and buckle card, and they are amazing! I especially enjoyed your "take" on the different ways of using the fold. Beautifully done! hugs, de

Wendy said...

These are all beautiful! I love the butterfly die cuts and all of the beautiful papers. Thank you for sharing and playing with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

Deborah Wheeler said...

Such a beautiful trio of cards ValeryAnne! Thanks for sharing them with us at Love to Craft challenge
Debroah DT

Jana Forrest said...

Oh wow! these cards are just wonderful. Love all the fancy edges. Thank you for linking up with us over at Crafters Cafe. Best of luck, Jana DT