Monday, January 15, 2024

Blue Daze

 
I actually made these two cards last year but never shown. They are the last ones from the set of four that I made using the Stamperia Rice Paper from my stash. 


 The best way to cut  rice paper is not by using scissors but to wet round the image with water and then use a small paint brush to gently ease the fibres  apart.
I didn't do that though as all of the scenes were inside a bordered edging which I wanted to keep intact.  I have a roll of very wide d.s. tape so I roughly cut round each one and applied to a piece of the tape, rolled out just long enough to cover. Peeled the backing from the d.s. tape and placed on white cardstock  Once in place I then trimmed properly using my trimmer to cut evenly round the border . Added to dark blue cardstock, then white, a lighter blue and then the white card base. The die cut swirl was added just to finish the card off and cut from the navy cardstock.

Entering  card above  into the following challenges:
Try It on Tuesday # Winter blues.
2 Crafty Critter Crazies #82 Anything goes with a critter.
Creative Fingers #269 Anything goes.




 I applied the rice paper the same method as above and then added to dark blue cardstock on top of a lighter blue. The dark blue design paper was from my stash. I die cut the elaborate Edge Corner by Tonic from a scrap of the same navy pearlescent card. The corner die comes in two pieces and I have used the inside edge on this card. The outside edge was used on one of the cards I showed last year. 

Entering this card into the following challenges
Colourful Options # Blue Lagoon.
Little Red Waggon #738 Still snowing.




Stay Healthy
Hugs 



29 comments:

Aquarius said...

Beautiful rice paper and two very lovely cards

Freubelmina said...

both cards are very beautiful ValeryAnne, I love the icy blue colors and the beautiful paper that gives a great effect xx

Sandra H said...

Oh your cards are stunning the background is amazing and the colours one of my favourite love the corner die too x

Margreet said...

Stunning cards with the rice paper and the d.s. tape. You have used great colors!
xxx Margreet

dutchess said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A…those rice papers are fabulous….xxx

Chris said...

The papers are delicate and lovely and both cards are beautifully designed, fabulous!
xx

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful papers and so delicate. I love that corner swirl vine at the top corner. The trees and mountains are so gorgeous on the second card.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Snowy scene using rice paper, gorgeous card.. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two fabulous card, love the rice paper you used. Stamperia has always fabulous designs. Thanks for the tip about the double side tape to cut the rice paper. beautiful blue tones and designs!
Hugs

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love rice paper but seem to collect it rather than use it so well done you. Love the cards. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

Carol L said...

I've never tried using rice paper but it sounds very delicate to work with in all the steps you've taken to create these cards. It was well worth your time because they're both gorgeous cards. Absolutely stunning!

Lia said...

These cards are gorgeous. I never have worked with ricepaper, but it looks beautiful!
Lia xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two very lovely card design Val, the pretty blues are so appropriate for this season.
Lorraine

crafty-stamper said...

Both gorgeous cards and love the beautiful rice papers and corner die.
Carol x

Donna said...

These are gorgeous, fabulous paper and designs!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Mrs. A! Your cards are both gorgeous! I have never used rice paper so I'm not even sure what it is LOL, but it sure looks beautiful. I especially like the one with the bird. I just read your comment on my blog, and please do not worry at all about that. There is definitely no rush, and I mean it, no rush. You could wait and mail it in the spring if you like. Actually I am relieved that it hasn't been lost in the mail, so I am very grateful for your update. Sending lots of warm wishes and healing wishes to you, my friend, and of course you are still on my prayer list for a complete return to health. Sending hugs too!

JD/ Jill said...

So Beautiful!

Greta said...

Oh wow--these are so beautiful and peaceful! Love them both!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such pretty winter scenes! I love those Stamperia papers and your designs look so beautiful 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

cuilliesocks said...

What beautifully designed cards and the rice papers are gorgeous. You've embellished them beautifully too.
I hope you are both doing well, and keeping cosy and warm in this awful cold weather, Kate x

Conniecrafter said...

Those rice papers are gorgeous, love the swirls and that little bird is so sweet on the first and the pretty wintery tree scene on the second.

Viv said...

Lovely lovely lovely!
Two great makes Mrs A and am so happy to see you here at TIOT! x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

That paper is so gorgeous! Both of your cards are really beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

anne said...

A beautiful pair of wintry cards. Thank you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
Anne CCC-DT

Vickie Y said...

Both cards are beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Mrs.B said...

Two gorgeous cards Mrs A. Those papers are beautiful.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril xx

Sara Lihz Dobel said...

I love the soft colors and all the visual texture. Thank you so much for joining us at Colorful Options.

Sara Lihz

Sari / Granne said...

Gorgeous cards, love the rice paper, it gives such a nice texture. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #119.

Jana Forrest said...

Thank you for the tip using rice paper. Your card is so pretty and represents winter very nicely. Thank you for linking up with us over at Crafty Gals. Best of luck, Jana DT