Friday, January 19, 2024

White Scraps

I finally decided enough was enough with the bulging folder of white scraps of cardstock, which even though I was delving into and using for sentiments/ 3D stacking  just wasn't getting any smaller.  So they all came out along with my embossing folders/die cut frames and regardless of the sizes of the papers they were all put to use until none were left.
Here are the results.
I didn't worry if the paper fitted all of the embossing folder or not, in fact only using parts of the folders worked well in some cases. 
Once I had gone through my stash of embossing folders I turned my attention to stacking die cut frames and as you can see below soon filled a tray up with them.  This still left me with small strips so they were used up on die cut sentiments  and stamped sentiments.  The most time consuming part was writing on the back of each piece  the name /maker of each one. 
Miss  Mojo now has no excuse  in telling me she hasn't a clue what to make
Here is the 1st card using part of an embossing folder  and a die cut frame .


I cut a base card 5.75 x 5.75 inches and used a design paper from a paper pad by  The Works to cover.
The  patterned paper was already cut in two strips ( pre- edged using  a Martha  Stewart Punch) and laying in my stash still  unused from a previous project. The part embossed folder is by Sizzix  "Scallop Lace Doily" and matched perfectly with the punch design.  The embossed card /scallop die and sentiment were all different shades of white (which would have shown up ) but I got round that by using my Pearlescent Chalks to colour the flowers on the embossed piece,the scallop die and the sentiment strip in a matching blue to to pull them all in together with the design paper.  The scallop die is by The Works, Design paper DoCrafts Papermania "Chatsworth Collection" linen texture. The flower stamp and sentiment were freebies from a magazine. I used Wow Embossing powder "Polished Silver" and a silver gel pen to highlight the dots and lace doily edging of the embossed card.  Card came together quickly because I had all the elements to hand  ready to go in the boxes instead of having to spend time searching each piece out with no clear idea in my head of what to make. 

Entering this card into the following challenges:
Everybody Art #549 Anything goes.
Allys Angels #78 Anything goes.
Beautiful Blossoms#13 Floral/optional  Mood board.
Colourful Options # Blue Lagoon.
Love To Craft #78 Anything goes.
Sheepski Designs #82 Anything goes.
The Crafters Cafe #304 Fancy Edges. 



Hugs

28 comments:

Aquarius said...

A very pretty card and what a brilliant idea to prepare all of those embossed and die cut bits and pieces ready for instant use.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the design and what a great idea for all those scraps.
Carol x

Margreet said...

What a brilliant idea to turn all those scraps in ready to use items. I think I must give it a go too.
Your card is a beauty.
xxx Margreet

Kath said...

You've had a very productive time with your white snippets - what a great idea to get them ready to make cards.
A very pretty card and lovely muted colours too.
Kath x

Chris said...

Wow, you have been busy!! What a great way to utilise all of those 'too good to throw away' white scraps, they should keep you going for a while.
The card is beautiful in the soft blue shades.
xx

Freubelmina said...

Brilliant idea and what a beautiful card you produced!

Viv said...

Wow! You have been busy! Be good now to see how many makes you get from them!
Lovely card too.
So here's the question - die cut frame... the 'grid' one on the bottom right next to the end one... what is it? Cos I want it!x

Sandra H said...

Wow that’s amazing goes to show keep scraps as they are so very useful well done Mrs A your an inspiration x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Well dome Mrs A! This is the same that I always do, with any color of paper. I know very well that this work takes age to be done, but it's a treasure to use later and is very satisfying use up all those pieces that flow out from the boxes! And agree with you, having those pieces ready to go helps the Mojo!
I also put the little pieces came out from all the cuts in another box and then, when I have time, I use some tiny punches to cut tiny shapes... No waste at all.
Your card is so sweet and elegant, who could say that you used scraps? :D Love that you coloured the pieces to match the patterned paper.
Hugs

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Very clever idea Mrs A.. I don't have that many white scraps which is probably good. Very good use of them though esp combo of die cuts and embossing folders male great cards.
Thank for your inspiration and popping over last week. I'm praying for you.

Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well for 2024!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

MortiCraft said...

Always satisfying to use up scraps and leftover crafted items! You look like it kept you busy for a while. Lovely card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Papercraft Challenges. X

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh how industrious doing all that with your bits I admire you I get to the point where mine goes in the bin I know that is not a 'crafter' thing but the scraps pile up so quick, lol. I absolutely love the card you made it looks gorgeous a superb makehugs
lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow, what a great way to utilise those scraps and a lovely card using one of them too. You given me food for thought.
Lorraine

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Mrs A.
Back again, just thought you might be interested in this
https://youtu.be/HWEuOtxY8e8?si=2GCLrUKKVLd9g4F3

This was the first video on it. The one above is using the scraps.
https://youtu.be/mztN-emHzEQ?si=U1NblChaF-WQVw9I

Praying for you, God’s blessing, Shaz.x

Uschi said...

This is such a great idea! I really should do that too. And your result is so breathtaking. Such a beautiful card! It looks so extraordinary and so elegant. I adore it quite a lot.
Thank you for sharing your card for the current Everybody Art Challenge.
Hugs Uschi

Brenda in IN said...

What a wonderful idea to use up scraps and so pretty. It's nice to have things like this all ready to go and saves so much time. The card is just lovely. Great tip we can all use.

Donna Walls said...

Wonderful idea to use up what we have on hand and you've created a gorgeous and elegant card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We're always inspired by everyone's creativity!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Stamps and Paper said...

Brilliant card and such a good idea to have your scraps to hand ready to use..

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh you've been very busy Valery, but what a great idea and your scraps have become beautiful bases for cards, Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
oh what a very fab idea and they sure do make brilliant pieces to use up on cards.
I love your wonderful card made with some of them.
The colours and design look super.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cass said...

Great idea, gorgeous results. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Café this month for our Fancy Edges challenge.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card! And great idea using the scraps!

Donna Ellis said...

ValeryAnne, thank you for showcasing these cast-offs into awesomely layered creations! FABULOUS idea, and I plan on incorporating your idea. I've begun 2024 by opening one of my 4 "unfinished" boxes, and made 4 pretty cards thus far. Now I have even more ideas for ways to use my frames, borders, etc, thanks to you! Beautiful ideas! Thanks again for sharing. hugs, de

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Mrs. A! You accomplished a lot of embossing and die-cutting in one session and the outcome is amazing. Why didn't I think of doing this? Then I would have some ready-made items to start with! It is brilliant and maybe this will help my craft mojo get going! You card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours and die-cuts used! Lots of inspiration here, thank you! Sending well wishes and hugs!

stampinwithanita said...

Perfect plan to use up scrap in a very creative way! Love the results! Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month.

Conniecrafter said...

that is a great idea, although most of my scraps are very small . I use to go through my punches and do this but haven't done it in a long time

Carol L said...

That is an overwhelming stack of white strips, but look how beautiful they look now after embossing and die-cutting them! Your blue beautiful card is just gorgeous!

Vic said...

A very pretty card - Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Pattie's Creations - Vic, D.T. x