Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Anniversary Cards.

Hello and Welcome to 2024. I hope you will all have a Happy and Healthy Year. 
The Butterflies are now back on their blog with a new Challenge.
As usual I have made cards for your inspiration. The challenge is slightly different this year  so please be sure to go on over and check it out. 


For my 1st card I have used a section from a serviette which I attached to the front of the card with a double sided sticky sheet. I used a Happy Anniversary sentiment and masked off the A and replaced with a large wooden letter instead  which I coloured in using a pro marker pen. A fairly simple card. I let the Wooden letter and the Butterflies on the serviette do the talking.


 For my second card I have used an Alphabet stamp by Clarity stamps and coloured in using my promarker pens. The aperture is cut using a die from The Works. I have highlighted round the edge using a  silver gel  pen. The butterflies are a small punch by tonic. I used acetate behind the oval aperture to give the card more strength.

Having managed to somehow dodge Covid for 3 years it finally caught up with us over Christmas. 
I caught it first and then The Doc went down 5 days later. It took my immune system 17 days before the tests showed negative for me.  We are both left with hacking coughs and The doc says he still feels very groggy whilst I am using the furniture to hold onto as my balance is still completely off.  We certainly do not want this again. Just thankful we had the vaccinations for this new strain or we would have been much worse.  I had literally stood in two queues (post office where I was in the front of the line and the pharmacy picking up an IOU) for less than 2 mins in each whilst The Doc stayed out  in the car  hence me catching it first. 



Stay Safe
 and Don't stand in any queues ! 

18 comments:

Margreet said...

Both cards are gorgeous Mrs A.
Sorry to hear about your and the Docs illness issues.
I hope you have received my Christmas card.
I also sent you an email with a photo of the naughty Harry.
xxx Margreet

Freubelmina said...

Hi ValeryAnne, I also wish you all the best for 2024!
I already understood from your message last year that you were both ill and I now read that quite a bit 🙈
Fortunately, you are getting better, step by step....just take good care of yourself xx

crafty-stamper said...

Hope you are both feeling better soon and best wishes for 2024.Both beautiful cards and love the butterfly napkin you used and the aphabet stamp on the second card.
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Valery, Happy New Year to you and the Doc and I hope it will be a much kinder one to you this year.
So sorry to hear that you both came down with covid and that it's left you so poorly, I hope you will feel much better soon.
Your cards are beautifully design, such lovely colours too.
Take care and Big Hugs, Kate x

Joan said...

Two fab cards. Sorry to hear you have been so ill, hope you feel better soon. Happy New Year



Joan x

Chris said...

These are lovely anniversary cards Mrs A , great inspiration for your challenge.
Had Covid in December, not too ill with it, cold and flu type symptoms but it has taken a long time to shake it off- beginning to have a bit more energy but still no appetite, I think we got off lightly when I hear home some people have been. Thank goodness for the vaccine! Hope you feel better very soon.
xx

Donna said...

Stunning cards, great idea for an anniversary! Hoping you and Doc feel better soon.

Brenda in IN said...

How pretty both of these cards are. I love the butterflies and it's nice to see something that reminds us spring will be here. I like how you used the wooden letter in place of the A. The A on the second card is lovely and I like the sparkle from the silver gel pen. Covid seems to be everywhere and I'm so sorry it got you both. The cough is terrible and I hope you can shake it soon. Sending healing vibes and big hugs while you recover.

Viv said...

Great cards Mrs A.
Lovely to see you back on your blog. DH and I both succumbed too -We think we may have caught it on the annual trip to Chatsworth House.
The cough is horrible and I am beginning to wonder if it will ever go away. To make things worse despite us not seeing his Mum for over a week before we got it, she also caught it (after going to a small over 80's pre Xmas get together in a friends apartment). She was terribly ill (she has severe asthma) and was hospitalised. Thankfully home after antibiotics, oxygen and steroids 4 days later but very worrying. This new strain seems really aggressive.
Glad you're both on the upside now. Take care. x

Sandra H said...

And a Happy New year to you and the Doc, l do hope your feeling much better and glad to read you had the vaccinations as your probably right it could of been a lot worse hope hubby is feeling better soon too, both cards are adorable as always your so talented x

Liz said...

Two super anniversary cards Mrs A. Just had a look at the new format for the Butterfly Challenge. I'll have to get my thinking cap on.
Sorry to hear that you've been so unwell, hope you'll soon be feeling much better. There have been so many nasty bugs around this winter. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So sorry to hear that your hubby are still so poorly! Best wishes to feel better soon!
Both your sample cards for the new Butterfly challenge are so beautiful and especially love the idea of using the wooden letter, so clever! Amazing towel used as well, so sunny and cheerful.
HUgs

aussie aNNie said...

Great style and perfectly designed, gorgeous in colour combo as well x

Conniecrafter said...

Pretty napkin for your first card and Like how you used the wooden A on it.
The pretty stamp on the second one was colored so pretty and like the butterflies going around.
Sorry to hear you caught covid we caught ours last year for the first time.
Hope you both will be feeling good again and no balance issues soon!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely butterfly card.

Hubby and I have, so far, dodged Corvid. We had four of our shots...
But there was something else going around that we both got...and were very sick with it. bad head cold, cough,
and headaches. My migraine headache brought back my vertigo again. (which I still have) It's the 2nd time for it...last time it took 6 months of treatment to get rid of it.

Thank you for the nice comments about my cards on my blog. Your visit made my day.

Pat said...

Two very pretty cards Mrs. A and love the idea of using a serviette which works beautifully on the first, and then the scalloped oval aperture with the lovely alphabet stamp so wonderfully coloured, and using the silver pen to highlight the scalloped edge is gorgeous..love the sweet little butterflies you added too. Sorry to hear you and the Doc have had Covid and are still suffering, and hope you both soon recover. Sending my best wishes to you for 2024. x

Carol L said...

I really like the way you displayed the letter A on both of these pretty anniversary cards. The butterflies really look so pretty on both designs and I need to get my butterflies out and play along with your challenges again. Wishing you and the doc a better year in 2024 with vanishing health issues.

Stamps and Paper said...

Two gorgeous anniversary cards..serviettes make lovely cards ...

Anne