Sunday, November 12, 2023

Poppies Galore.

Meant to post this earlier but hands have been too cold to do much typing. New challenge is up and running over on the Butterfly Blog. Poppies with lots of panels on your card and here are the cards that I have   made for inspiration.  

I used A Woodware stamp ' Poppy ADS506' just repositioning the stamps to where I wanted them to be.  coloured using my Promarkers and a gold gel pen. The sentiment is part of the stamp set. Butterflies are SU's  'Beautiful Wings' Die Set. So glad I purchased them when I did as they are no longer available. The dark green panels are coloured acetate sheets and the pale green is shimmer cardstock


This next card is a Digi image by Stitchy Bear Designs (a name from the past) called Poppy Black Work. The butterfly is from  a sheet of butterflies that originally were freebies in a magazine.I have had them a really long time!! The sentiment was a pre printed one.



Last card is another digi this time by Delicious Doodles (not sure if they are still going or not) called 'Poppy Butterfly'. Coloured with my trusty Promarkers. Sentiment is a stamp by Woodware and I used up the off cuts from the previous cards for the panels. I am on a mission to use everything up as it saves me having to put it all away again. 

The challenge is running until Tuesday 21st November.

 The stye under my right eye is still lingering on. Two people this week have told me of the old Wives Tale of rubbing over the rim of the eyelid with a gold ring. Has anyone else heard of this and does it work? I would be interested to hear.

19 comments:

dutchess said...

Beautiful cards Valery-Ann…such a poignant day….
Really cold here today have the heating on and watching the tennis…take care xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three lovely cards Mrs A, and particularly love the last one. Using leftovers immediately it'sa clever thing. It seems that I haven't poppies in my stash, I will search again.
I never heard about the ring system for the stye.
Here in Italy time ago people leaned the eye on a bottle of oil and looked inside. I never tried it though. There are plants good for stye, as Mallow and Aloe. You can find an Aloe gel at your local pharmacy, it seems it's the best for this problem.
Hugs

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful selection of poppy cards Valery, lovely designs and coloured beautifully too.
I've never heard about this remedy but try it, what's to loose!. Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful selection of cards and love all the beautiful poppies.Hope your stye clears up soon and yes I have tried the gold ring and yes it did work whether it is true or just a coincidence not sure but worth trying -what have you got to lose.
Carol x

Donna said...

Gorgeous inspiration, hugs, Donna

Sue said...

Stunning cards Mrs A they are all really beautiful hugs x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful selection of cards Mrs A the images, colours and designs are fabulous
hugs
lorraine x

Freubelmina said...

How nice to see such beautiful inspiration cards, all three are very beautiful!
I can't give you any advice but I do wish you the best of luck xx

Chris said...

I love poppies - one of my favourite flowers, especially the huge red ones! Three gorgeous cards for inspiration.
Never heard of the gold ring treatment but often there is some truth in the old wives tales. Maybe ask your local pharmacist to recommend something, they're usually pretty good with their advice. Hope it clears soon- very irritating!
xx

lichazul said...

Absoluty gorgeous card, pretty Challenge, i love flowers and butterflys
Hugs and blessing 💐☺️

Liz said...

Beautiful poppy cards, Mrs A. Sorry to hear you’ve still got problems with your eye. I remember hearing about the old wives tale with the gold ring. I’ve no idea if it works, but I know my grandmother was convinced it was the best remedy. xx

Sandra H said...

So beautiful Mrs A are your Poppy cards the parades where lovely to watch today, l have heard of the gold ring treatment and old gesture my parents used to say and do hope it sorts you out sending lots of hugs x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Dearest Mrs A, I am praying for you so good to read an update. No idea on sty, I use Chlorsig cream, or if eye inflammation/ infection which am prone to due to medication am on, I put a poultice of a used black tea bag on the eye for 10 to 15mins on eye (hold it in place with my glasses) each day it really helps clear it. Plus a salt water bathe, twice daily..

I love all the cards, but that first card is just stunning. Well done.

I'm busy making cards but not blogging a lot. Health very usual. Up and down
Prayer hugs,
Shaz in Oz.x

Viv said...

Lovely cards Mrs A!
Damn styes are terrible things. I too had heard about the gold ring thing but don't know if it works! Another old wives tale is if you pee in the street you'll get a stye!..... not that I am suggesting you've done it!!!
Been told that a natural remedy to give some relief is tea bags. Chamomile or Dandelion as both have anti bacterial properties which help soothe they eye and draw out the infection. Just apply as compress and lie down for 10 minutes and relax.... again don't know if it works but anything is worth a try ain't it?
Get well soon. xx

aussie aNNie said...

What amazing work and gorgeous image, brilliant and fabulous result. ♥

MagsB said...

Beautiful cards, hun. I hope your eye is back to normal, it's quite scary when your eyes aren't working 100%! Styes are a right old pain in the ars - I mean, eye!
Take care!
love Mags B x

aussiegal said...

Such lovely cards Mrs A. And I love the vase as well :). Looking forward to exploring more of your creativeness :)

JD/ Jill said...

All Beautiful cards!

Conniecrafter said...

All your poppies are lovely, like the coloring!