Monday, February 05, 2024

Smile.

In my never ending quest to use up those pesky white scraps especially those strips of cardstock that the paper company very kindly sent me as packaging in my recent order, I have come up with the resulting card.

The stamp is by Penny Black  'Potted Flowers' and coloured with my promarkers. Background was created using pearlescent chalks. The sentiment is by Uniko 'Floral Vines ' stamp set.  I simply took 4 white strips that I had previously cut down into 6" pieces and stuck them onto a sheet of copy paper.
I then stamped the image and coloured.
I even managed to use up a further few strips to make 3d pads on the back of the finished  image before adhering to cardstock  cut slightly bigger and then onto the  card base. 

Before assembling I used my score board to create lines where the strips met and then also vertically to create the tile effect that hopefully you can see below. 

Entering into the following challenges:
Penny Black #  Anything goes with optional Wings.
Crafts Galore Encore #120  Anything goes.


hugs.

17 comments:

LesleyG said...

Another pretty card using your scraps, I particularly like the embossed lines, what a great idea! Xxx

Aquarius said...

A clever idea to use up some of your white scraps - very pretty image and the tiled look is so effective

Lia said...

What a lovely idea and great card! I makes me longing for spring....with sunshine and no more rain and wind!
Lia xx

dutchess said...

So clever and inventive…makes a great background for your stamps…and such a spring looking card….
We have high winds again today so guess what…crafting and tennis for me….take care xxx

Margreet said...

Clever use of all those strips.
Great coloring of the fab image.
xxx Margreet

brenda said...

Very effective use of all those odds and ends. Hope your coping best as...

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the pots of plants. What a simple but brilliant idea and a great result.
Carol x

Conniecrafter said...

That is so very pretty, I just love the tile effect it gives to the image!

Brenda in IN said...

This tile look is great! It looks like a beautiful backsplash that I would love in my kitchen. So clever of you and a fun way to use those strips of paper.

Kath said...

A pretty card and a great way of using your card strips too.
Kath x

Chris said...

What a great idea- love the tile effect and the lovely spring flowers!
xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So clever!! Sometimes the best ideas are right under our noses and you founded one, well done! Your tiles are just perfect with the added scores and such lovely pots of flowers, they really call Spring!
Hugs

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a very wonderful way to use up those white scraps of card.
Love that stamp used and you colouring of it looks perfect.
Yes it did make me smile.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Freubelmina said...

What a lovely card, completely in the spring mood!
Great job xx

Donna said...

Beautiful card, like your image and the way you used the white paper is great!

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card using your scrap card Valery Anne and such a lovely idea

Anne

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You really are giving those strips of card what for. Love it xxx