Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Faux Cloisonne

A new challenge awaits over on the butterfly blog. It is the turn of using a Technique and this time it's
You will find the instructions on how to make down  below  here after my inspiration cards .

On my first one I have gone with making a card 
using  the colours from the wheel of  Cerise / Camel/ Cardinal, Congratulations and Circles.
The circles are a Card Deco Stitch round die and the sentiment is by Tonic Studios. 
The flower is a Stamp by Hobby Art 'Roses - BK -HA012 which I have coloured using water colour pencils and then blended with a paint brush dipped in water. I stamped using  gold embossing powder and fussy cut the image out after colouring. 

My second card uses the Faux Cloisonne Technique.
I have used the colours  Cerise and Celadon and the sentiment. 

I have used an old shinny calendar for the roses and leaves.  The background is watercolour colour card which I used to mop up some distress inks from my mat. The flower stamp is by Clearly Besotted called Beauty Blossoms. The trellis work is from my pile of white scraps.


Instructions for the Faux Cloisonne Technique.
You will need Magazine pages or any picture which is printed on shiny paper.  I used an old Calendar page for mine above. 
Before stamping your design rub over the picture with either your Embossing Buddy or a little Talc so that the embossing powder does not stick outside of the lines. 

Ink up your stamp using VersaMark ink and stamp on the magazine/ picture.

Pour gold, copper or bronze embossing powder over your image. 

Tap off any excess powder and heat the design using you heat tool until the powder has melted. 


I used a picture which was fireworks for the flowers and trees for my leaves.  It looks a bit fussy and hard to see  at this stage but once you have trimmed around the images you get  the full effect. The flowers look like glass.


I hope you will give the Technique a try as you can get some really stunning effects  from using the magazine pages. 
 
The challenge is running for the usual three weeks.




20 comments:

GerJanne said...

Hi mrs A, it's a lovely technic. I'll try it soon!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two beauties Mrs A, and love so much the palette in the first one.
Gorgeous effect of the Cloisonne Technique, it looks as stained glass but shining instead of transparent. Thanks for the tutorial.
Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards,love the flowers and design on the first card and great technique on the second one.
Carol x

!neke said...

Great technique !!!!
Great card !
groeten Ineke

Kath said...

Lovely cards and the faux cloisonne technique looks lovely.
Kath x

Chris said...

Your faux cloisonne flowers look gorgeous Mrs A. It's a great technique with a lovely result...and what a great way to use old magazines and calendars. xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
oh this technique sounds wonderful and your card is gorgeous made from it.
Love the beautiful flower stamp used and your background is gorgeous.
The round one is also very beautiful and wonderfully coloured too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Margreet said...

2 beautiful cards and I find it an interesting technique! Will give it a try.
xxx Margreet

Freubelmina said...

Your cards are absolutely great, your technique looks very nice 😍

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning cards Valery, I've ever heard of this technique but it's gorgeous, lovely colours and designs, Kat x

LesleyG said...

What a great idea Mrs A, you’ve shared some stunning results, another one for me to try! Xxx

dutchess said...

hi’Mrs A….I have just been doing this technique..how strange I made Richards Valentines card using it …I messed up a bit on my first try but as usual the more practice makes perfect….
Hope you are both well and enjoying the sunshine today xxx

Brenda in IN said...

The Cloisonne card is just stunning. I love that look and you captured it beautifully. Thanks for sharing the technique details.

Conniecrafter said...

Both cards are so pretty, I love the colors in your first flowers and Love the second technique, I know I have a few calendar pages I could try this out on, great recycle idea!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great technique ValeryAnne, I can see this working with lots of different papers and left overs too. Loving the cards too. Have a great weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Donna said...

Awesome technique and beautiful cards!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very pretty technique using the gold outline Mrs A, lovely cards.
Lorraine

Greta said...

What a great technique which I may have to try! Your cards are beautiful!

Carrie said...

I had never heard of this technique before! Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

lichazul said...

Great results , congrats 😊💐 have a great day