Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Bronze and Steel

Bronze and Steel are the themes for the Anniversary cards that I made for our Daughter  and Son.

Daughters card is for 19yrs and that is represented by Bronze so I have used bronze card stock and teamed it with yellow her favourite colour. 


Card shape is called an Accordion Fan Fold which I found on You Tube  following  Sam Calcott's Tutorial. I used a Couture Creations embossing folder called 'Chain Link' on the Bronze cardstock as I thought it rather enhanced the  Art Deco look. Numeric numbers are by Julie Hickey  which I die cut in yellow and bronze and then off set for the shadow effect.  Sentiment is a Woodware stamp. I used yellow card stock for the base shape. The circle is also a Woodware die.

Entering above card into the following challenges:
Creative Creases #56 Anything goes with a fun fold
Creative Fingers #253 Anything goes.
Sparkles #163 Emboss It.
We Love 2 Create #4 Anything goes mixed media.

Son's card is for 11 yrs and that is represented by Steel so I have used Metalic card stock and teamed it with purple my Daughter in law's favourite colour. 
I have used the same embossing folder, die cuts and sentiment to make the card.

Entering this card into the following challenges:
Krafty Chicks #661 All occasions.
Mix it Up #65 Anything goes + optional embossing.
Love To Craft #74 Anything goes.
Incy Wincy Designs# Fun folds +/or Summer fun.



23 comments:

brenda said...

That's a really great fold and how nice you used the representative colours for their special cards.

B x

Aquarius said...

Two brilliant anniversary cards which I'm sure they will love. Great design too, very unusual, they won't get another card like that will they 😉

dutchess said...

Great shaped card Mrs A…must have a look at YouTube and see how to do it…hope you are both okay…xxxx

Sandra H said...

Mrs A your cards are amazing two beauties for your son & daughter which l am sure they absolutely loved the colours are ideal and the layout is stunning x

Glennis F said...

Great designs, I'll bet they were thrilled

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two wonderful cards Valery Anne, Happy Anniversary to your Kids.

Sue xx

Margreet said...

2 beautiful cards with a gorgeous accordion fan fold.
xxx Margreet

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, two fabulous cards, and such beautiful shape to celebrate the anniversaries of both your daughter and son! So scenic! Perfect choice of colours and texture! Well done for the attention to your DIL's favourite colour! ;)
Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Two fabulous cards love both colourways and great Art Deco design and fold
carol x

Freubelmina said...

They both turned out very nice... cool model and used beautiful paper. Always nice to process the numbers personally xx

Sue said...

Fabulous cards Mrs A great folds! and thank you so much for your kind comment about Woody..hugs Sue x

Kampin' Karen said...

Mrs. A, I have not seen this wonderful fold. Thank you for sharing it at Creative Creases. I think I need to give this one a try!
Karen, DT

*Vicki* said...

Wow! That is quite the amazing fancy fold card design! The fan design looks so amazing with the embossing over it for all of that texture on the metallic cardstock layers! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation(s) with us at the Sparkles Monthly challenge and hope you will play again!

Debbie Mageed said...

WOW! This card is incredible and goes quite a bit beyond the "fun fold" meter! I am so intimidated by triangles so I will have to think a bit about doing this one. But I sure love everything about yours! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Rae said...

Debbie Mageed said it well.. WOW! I can also see this fold used to create a peacock of sorts. Beautiful! Thank you for joining the Creative Creases challenge.

AlisonC said...

These are really fancy but I would expect nothing less from you! The embossing on the cardstock is very effective and suits the milestones perfectly.I think I'd get in a terrible muddle if I tried this. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time. x

Donna said...

Amazing cards, great design and choice of papers!

aussie aNNie said...

Just beautiful cards , I love the images and colours. Lovely card design x

dj said...

Very stylish anniversary cards!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "FOLD IT UP" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. - Deb Horst, DT #SOS495

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing design! I love all the panels of metallic embossed cardstock - gorgeous 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge! Hugs, Jo x

Stamps and Paper said...

This is a different fold I haven't seen before...beautful

Anne

Cazro said...

A very clever artistic design using an embossing folder. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz. DT.

Becca Sadler said...

Mrs. A= Hello! Both anniversary cards are terrific and make excellent keepsake display cards for a mantel, piano, dining room buffet, etc. Thanks for sharing the 2nd card with Mix It Up!!! --Becca/DT