Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Pillar Cards.

Time is whooshing past at an alarming rate. It is May already and another challenge has started over on the Butterfly blog.
You can  find the instructions as usual over on the butterfly blog under the card shapes  header. 
These are my cards for your inspiration. There is so many designs for making these cards. I got my ideas from 'Jamie Rodgers' Craftmainia YouTube and are just the tip of the iceberg on what you can make. I could have made a lot more so think I will be revisiting this card shape again in the future.  

Card 1.
This is making a standard two pillar card and is Version I in my Tutorial on the Butterfly blog. 

I have used 3 of the colours on the wheel  along with pearls and Butterfly which is my go to die cut Isabella by Memory Box. Spotty and flower design papers are by The Paper Boutique and the green background paper is from Humphreys' Corner. I have used circle dies from Julie Hickey. Pearls and silver sentiment  from my Stash.
Entering this card into the following challenges:
Creative Fingers #254 Anything goes.
Die Cut Divas # Tic/Tac/Toe I have used Flowers/The word Love/ Patterned paper.
The Crafting Challenge # Add an embellishment.



Card 2.
This is making again a two pillar card but wider this time and is Version II in my Tutorial. 
Background paper is  'Totally Tropical' by Kate Knight and is using 3 of the colours from the wheel. 
The large bloom is by Woodware 'Camelia' coloured with my Graph'it markers. Stamped and then fussy cut out.  The white die cut is an SU punch and the stickers and pearls from my stash.  Butterfly is also a punch and in my stash waiting to be used. 
Entering this card into the following challenges:
Creative Creases #56 Anything goes with a fun fold.
613 Avenue Create # Anything goes Say it with Flowers.
Sheepski Designs #74 Flower Power.
Crafty Calendar # Anything but square.


Card 3.
This is making a one pillar card with the panel coming from the centre of the pillar and is Version III in my Tutorial. 
Design paper is a freebie from Making cards July 2016 'Party Girls' Die cut frame is by Lisa Horton 'Stitched Scallop Rectangle'.  Flowers and stickers from my stash. Picture below is looking down on the top of the card showing the middle fixing. 
Entering this card into the following challenges:
All Sorts Challenge #727 April flowers bring May  flowers.
Crafting Happiness #142 Anything goes/flowers.
Creations In Pink #57 Anything goes in pink.
Get Creative #121 Flower Frenzy.
Triple B Birds,Butterflies,Blooms. #3 I have butterflies and blooms.


Last Card.
This is again making a one pillar card but the panel comes out from the back of the pillar and is Version IV in my Tutorial. Very similar to Version I but construction is made with two pieces of card. 

I don't have a name for this pattern paper which has been in my stash a long time. 
The butterfly swirl is by Tonic Studios 'Butterfly Blooms 293720' The butterfly frieze is also a punch by Tonic. The sentiment is actually the left over part of the sticker. I had already used the sentiment on a previous project so I simply cut  round the edges and mounted onto a piece of white card which then showed up the words in relief. (Waste not want not).
Entering this card into the following challenges.:
Incy Wincy Designs # Funfolds or/ Summer fun.
Tic,Tac,Toe Challenges #207 I have chosen Die Cut/Free/ Birthday.
Love To Craft #74 Anything goes.


I hope you will have time to come and have a play. The challenge is running for 3 weeks as usual so will end on Tuesday 30th May 8pm (GMT).




19 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your samples look just amazing, Mrs A.!! Love any version of the Pillar folding and your interpretations! The first one looks very sweet and elegant, the plum dotted butterflies with the pearls are just gorgeous! My absolutely favourite is the second one, because of the awesome paper and flower, great colouring!
The third card is sweet and romantic, perfect for a young woman! Fabulous paper once again and love so much the dimensional flowers and the touches of gold!
The last one looks great with the white butterflies swirl and border (I have this lovely Tonic punch border too, thanks for remember it to me... :D )
Hugs

Stamps and Paper said...

Gosh Mrs A you have been busy...love all your cards and what a lovely design

Anne

Chris said...

A lovely variety of inspiration cards here Mrs A. It's a great fold- don't think I've seen the single pillar version before- I rather like it! All the cards are beautifully designed and crafted. I'll definitely be checking out the tutorial- thanks!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection of pillar cards love the folds and beautiful papers-the last one is my favourite
Carol x

Margreet said...

Amazing cards as example for the Butterfy Challenge. Time flies. Again I will try to join the challenge. Love the shape of the pillar card.
xxx Margreet

brenda said...

A super display Valery-Anne and impossible to choose a fav, so pleased you shared one with us at Allsorts and using the Showers/Flowers option, many thanks.

B x

Michelle N. said...

Such lovely cards-all of them are simply stunning! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this month!

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A and everyone a winner! hugs Sue x

Debbie Mageed said...

Wow!! Your pillar cards are incredible! I love making them too and know just how easy and fun they are! So special!! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Kampin' Karen said...

Mrs. A, you've outdone yourself. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases.
Karen, DT

Liz said...

Wonderful collection of pillar cards, Mrs A. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz xx

Debbie Mageed said...

Well, we loved your card so much at Creative Creases that we chose it as one of our winners for the CC #56 challenge. You have a gift and a GD spot if you're interested! Hope to hear from you soon. Have a great weekend!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous Pillar card design for our challenge this week at Allsorts, thank you for joining us there.
Lorraine

Arlene said...

Amazing cards, simply amazing! So glad you joined Die Cut Divas this May for our Tic Tac Toe game.

Sandra H said...

All of your cards Mrs A are stunning and creative x

Rae said...

Valerie, Congratulations on being a winner for Creative Creases Challenge #57 and inspiring us to try these pillar cards. All of your creations are beautiful. See you for the next challenge.

Karen McAlpine said...

Really lovely special fold card!! And so many ways to use the fold. Very Nice! Must try a couple.

Helen said...

Beautiful cards and a great fold too.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Helen said...

Beautiful cards Valey! Ilove the striking comination of the red and white! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Love to Craft Challenge! Enjoy your day!! :)