Thursday, May 18, 2023

Scraps Begone 2

Some more cards to show using the green pile (this time) of strips I made into the following card fronts and then further embellished. 
I thought the tones of green perfect for making masculine cards with. 

1st card 

This is the middle sheet shown above. I have embossed it with a folder by Couture Creations called 'Endless' ( which has lots of different leaves on it) and then wet embossed with a gold metallic 'Wow' powder.  I  have a leaf stamp in my stash from Sep 2011 which came as a Freebie with Craft Stamper Magazine, sadly no longer being published. I stamped out several times on a small piece of scrap paper and then used the same metallic  embossing powder, then fussy cut round.  The frame was sat in my box of die frames from previous projects (really must start using those up too) and I used further strips of paper to create the sentiment which is by  Julie Hickey.  I made this for The Doc as it was his birthday last week. 
Entering into the following challenges:
Use Your Stuff #484 Use a technique ( I have used wet and dry embossing).
The Paper Funday Challenges #53Anything goes with twist Emboss it. 
The Crafting Challenge # Add an embellishment.
Mix It Up #65 Anything goes /optional embossing

2nd card 


This one uses  the sheet on the left. The nearly complete circle was also in my stash of unused frames and seemed to work well against the angle of the strips. The large leaf stamp is an oldie by a company called Dimension Fourth Ltd. It is a thick polymer stamp and took repeated stamping before I managed to get a good print from it. I went over the image with a silver gel pen which isn't showing up very well. IRL it does. The sentiment sticker and dots were in my stash. :
Entering into the following challenges:
Ellibelles Corner # Anything goes.

   3rd card 


The penny farthing image was in happy mail I received from a friend and was in my stash just waiting for the right time to be used. Thought it perfect for a male recipient. The piece of green card stock was smaller than the cut image so I simply off set and added the black sticker sentiment. 
Entering into the following challenges:
Creatalicious Challenges #359 Anything goes with optional / 3 or more design papers. (I have used 3 different striped papers on the background strips. 
Love To Scrap #161 Anything goes.
Love To Craft #74 Anything goes.

My piles of neatly sorted strips are still hovering in the background but I have my beady eye on the white ones now too that are threatening to over spill.  I will survive!! Till the next time happy crafting. 




29 comments:

Freubelmina said...

You made a very nice series of cards with these beautiful strips ValeryAnne!
Happy birthday to your husband xx

Aquarius said...

Some brilliant ideas for using up scraps with these interesting cards

Chris said...

You've been very creative with your scraps Mrs A- this is a fabulous set of masculine cards, some great ideas and designs here! One day I'm going to attack my scrap pile....hopefully before it attacks me.
xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You are so inspiring, Mrs. A.! And I agree, these dark green tones are perfect for masculine cards. (And I would wish be able to make masculine cards LOL ). All your three cards look so pretty!
Great idea hot embossing the dry embossed panel and the gold matches so well the green. (Happy Birthday to your hubby!)
Waiting to see what you will make with the white strips!
P.S. Thanks so much for your tip about 160 g heavy paper to glue the stripes and embossing the panels. I still have a bunch of really thick panels already done, but my big box of scraps is full again, so for the next panels I will follow your technique. ;)
Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine cards and love the scrap backgrounds you made-Craft Stamper magazine was the only craft mag I bought regularly got some great freebie stamps
Carol x

Margreet said...

Love all results of your scraps. Especially the last one is my favourite. I will use your ideas for using my scraps of paper.
xxx Margreet

cuilliesocks said...

These cards are fabulous Valery, brilliantly designed. I love the colour theme and you've used super papers, great masculine cards, Kate x

Tammy L said...

These turned out so well...hard to believe it's just scraps. Great job! Thanks for joining our technique challenge at Use Your Stuff this week! Come play with us again in our next challenge!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator

brenda said...

Pretty creations, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Liz said...

Great use of scraps, Mrs A. A wonderful collection of cards. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good luck!
Liz xx

Donna Walls said...

Very pretty set of cards and a great way to use up scrap of pretty papers. The embossed leaf background of the 2nd card is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge. We look forward to seeing more from you soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Ellibelle said...

Such a great use of scraps, each card is simply beautiful! Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge as well as my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

Mervi said...

Lovely cards!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Lori Podolsky said...

Very lovely and creative cards, Mrs. A. Thank you for sharing it with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and enjoy your day. Lori - DT

Mrs.B said...

More fabulous cards, you're really on a roll with your scraps.
Avril xx

Ashwini Rao said...

I really love how you've used all your striped backgrounds. The penny farthing image is looking so perfect in the last card. Thank you for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

Brenda in IN said...

I'm so happy that I can comment on these stunning cards. The papers you used are beautiful and how you combined them made such great backgrounds for your cards. The cards came out lovely. This is something I may have to attempt, thanks for sharing.

lichazul said...

very georgous cards!!, congrats Valery :)
happy day
hugs and blessing

pinky said...

Brilliant cards Valery-Anne. You've given me lots of inspiration here!! Love the green tones too. Just gorgeous.

Anet's Crafting said...

Just beautiful Valery-Anne. Love the embossed background with the pretty shine. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT

Sandra H said...

Wow Mrs A your so creative your cards are gorgeous lovely embossed backgrounds too xx

Donna said...

Fabulous collection of cards, your designs and those backgrounds are fabulous!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous card! The shimmer and shine from the papers is beautiful with that vintage penny farthing 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges! Hugs, Jo x

Conniecrafter said...

Great use of all your strips and I like all the different designs you came up with them, I like the the old style bike in the last one!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The colours and designs make perfect masculine cards Mrs A, a lovely selection here.
Lorraine

Deborah Wheeler said...

These are all so lovely, Valery Anne. Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Craft challenge
Deborah DT

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and stunning design, great colour combo, love it. xx

Karen McAlpine said...

Love that embossing treatment on the first card. I have been off line for several weeks...had to get a new computer. I am up and running again. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I had made a stack of cards with a paper strip background that I posted earlier in the year. I used adhesive sheets and placed the strips on that. Then cut pieces to the size I needed. The card you viewed was just a piece of decorative paper. Hope you have a great day!

Kim said...

Beautiful cards. Love how you added embellishments and other things which really dressed them up. Thanks for joining the challenge at Mix it Up Challenge Blog.