Monday, May 08, 2023

Scraps No More 1

I am on a scrap busting mission. My scrap box is full to overflowing.  Now to me a piece of paper is not a scrap until it is a strip less than 2" wide in any length or a 2" square or less, until then it is still usable and as such is in my normal  stash of papers to be used.. I had a good sort out of the scrap box and spent time colour cordingnating it. Not  unsurprisingly the pile of pink was a lot bigger than any other colour combination. I managed to make 12 card fronts up in it. Also 4 from the lavender/mauve and 3 from the green pile and I still had scraps left over in each of the colours so back into the box they went.  Each and every card front is a different use of the scraps.  Here I am  showing you  how I completed the first three pink cards and I have to say I don't think the finished cards look at all scrappy!

Here are the panels I made. They are all approx  4" x 5.5"

Not too adventuresome  I admit , just using up straight stips but see the completed cards below.

Card 1. 


Before I embossed the panel I die cut an oval from the centre of the card using  a set from 'The Works' (and no I didn't waste it , see card below). The embossing folder was still out on my desk from making the anniversary cards  'Chain Link' by Couture Creations.  The die cut flower was already cut from a previous project 'Morning Glory' by Tonic Studios.  I placed a larger scrap of pink  paper  behind the oval then adhered  the whole card front onto a white card base.  The sentiment was from a freebie magazine set. 

Card 2. 

This  card was a happy accident as having cut the oval out of the previous card without particularly noticing I had placed it down onto the next card front to use and it just happened to be precisely the right colours. I hastily die cut a smaller oval using a scrap of white cardstock and stamped a sentiment by Julie Hickey. The small flower  was from the freebie stamp set already mentioned above which I coloured with a matching promarker pen.  Attached the whole panel to a white card base to finish. 

Card 3. 

This one is my favourite.


The rose stamp was part of the  freebie set ( already mentioned above) from Practical Publishing and I knew that I had an embossing folder (Crafts -Too ref CTFD3107) in my stash that would compliment it perfectly.  I stamped the rose onto white cardstock and then fussy cut round it finally colouring with my Promarkers and a silver Gel pen.  I punched the tag from another piece of scrap paper in pink and in thicker white card gluing both together and used two stips of small offcuts to raise up on the card. Finally the sentiment is a silver sticker from my stash.
Entering this card into the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create # Anything goes/ optional say it with flowers.
Krafty Chicks #662 Stamp Act 1
All Sorts Challenge #727 April showers brings May Flowers.
Crafting Happiness #142  Anything goes optional Flowers.
Mix It Up #65 Anything goes / optional Embossing
The Flower Challenge #80 Pretty Pastels.
The Paper Funday Challenges #53 Anything goes with optional emboss it. 
Creations In Pink #57 Anything goes in pink.






25 comments:

Glennis F said...

Such a creative use of your scraps, fabulous!

Freubelmina said...

You had so many beautiful colors of rose in your box and you knew how to make beautiful cards ValeryAnne!
My preference is also the last card...although I also really like the 1st and then the 2nd....geourgious! xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This is just great!! Your post is SO inspiring, Mrs A.!!
You and me are on the same way making panels with strips sorted by colours and also have the same thought about what is a scrap of paper, it has to be really tiny! :D
Absolutely LOVE your idea to emboss the panels and these three cards look just AMAZING, how wonderful works! I fear that my panels are too thick to emboss without breaking them, I glue the strips on recycled cardstock like that of cereal boxes or also more thick cardstock, but I want to try. Thanks for the inspiration!
Love anyone of these cards, but the first one is my favourite, the embossed pattern is wonderful, as the aperture with the white flowers and the different shades of pink! Well done using the oval for the second card! The last one have a fabulous sweet and elegant look that remembers me Art Nouveau style, how gorgeous!
Hugs

Kath said...

Fabulous cards - the first one is my favourite.
Kath x

Taty said...

3 fabulous tickets one more beautiful than the other you made me discover a technique to use leftover paper clippings. Thanks for sharing the special Krafty Chicks Stamp ACT Challenge.
May member Taty GD

LesleyG said...

Fabulous job of using your snippets, I’m sure the pixies snippets playground challenge would have loved this! Xxx

brenda said...

Your scraps box sounds just like my background draw, I'm on a missing to actually stamp on some of them.

Love the soft pink pastel theme running through here and of course the blooms, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week and using the Showers/Flowers option.

B x

Aquarius said...

Clever use of some of your scraps - pretty in pink 😀

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards and great way to use scraps,love the dies and embossing too.
Carol x

Chris said...

Wow Mrs A! No one would ever guess that these beauties were all created from such tiny scraps, they are all gorgeous! The background panels you made as bases look fabulous and I love the finished designs. xx

Creaellenknutselsite said...

a creative use of your scraps, fabulous
thanks for joining us at creations in pink
hugs Ellen DP CIP

Carol L said...

What a wonderful way to put those scraps to good use! Each card is so pretty in pink, but I'm especially fond of the first card with that great embossed look and pretty window! Beautiful!

Margreet said...

You made 3 wonderful cards using scraps. Love them all 3.
xxx Margreet

Sandra H said...

Your cards are gorgeous so great with the scraps of card used makes them even more creative xx

Liz said...

A fabulous collection of pink cards, Mrs A and a brilliant way of using scraps. x

Liz said...

Popping back to say thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge with your beautiful rose card. Good luck!
Liz xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Great way of using up those scraps of DSP and card...lovely cards Mrs A

Anne

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous ways to use those scraps! I cannot bring myself to throw away scrap so I, like you, have an overflowing scrap bin. Thanks for the inspiration, and Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

AlisonC said...

Brilliant well done! I am in danger of disappearing under my scraps of all sizes. I particularly like the second one, it's very sweet. The embossing on the panels is inspired. x

Kate said...

Well done - gorgeous cards and no one would have guessed they were made from scraps. I'm so glad you could join us at 613 The Avenue Create and thanks for playing on our street!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Mervi said...

Fabulous card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Suze said...

Lovely set of cards Mrs A. Great use of your scraps.
Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Nancy Penir said...

Wow, Valery, your scrap pile produced a set of beauties! I had to laugh cuz who of us doesn't have our own 'scrap pile'? The rose card is also my favorite, so lovely in pink pastel! Thank you for including it in the Flower Challenge this month!

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous cards Mrs A and they certainly don't look like 'scraps '
I must admit I've loads of paper scraps but can't quite push myself to throw out, must try something like this.
Avril xx

Rachel said...

LOVE how you are utilizing all those scraps on these cards-great job! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge! Rachel DT