Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Bookmark Card.

End of May already and another challenge has started over on the Butterfly blog.
You can  find the instructions as usual over on the butterfly blog under the card shapes  header. 
This is my card for your inspiration. I found lots of tutorials on adding a bookmark tag to a card but really liked the idea of a corner bookmark. There were a couple on You Tube which I adapted to make my own version. Mine is a stand up Tent fold design.

As you can see the bookmark slips off so makes an extra little gift for your card recipient to use in a reading book. 
This is the inside of the bookmark fold and has space for  greeting. 
Tent fold then opens up for you to write your message. 
Here is a close up of the book mark corner.  
I have used all the elements from the Challenge wheel on my card. Even Buttons and Bows but you can just use one of them on your card. 
Design paper is by Violet Studio 'Essentials Collection'. The sentiment is by Woodware ' Deco Sayings' and the Butterfly is from a stamp set by Inkylicious 'Fluter 2'. I have used faux buttons on my card which is a die cut by  Joy Crafts. There is also a flower and a heart button in the set. I used my promarkers to colour the butterfly and bakers twine  threaded through the button holes to make the tiny bows. 
Entering into the following challenges:
Creative Creases #58 With a fun fold. 
Sweet Stampin # Things with Wings.
Sparkles #164 Things with wings.
Use Your Stuff #485 Anything goes.
Allys Angels #70 Anything goes.
Crafty Calendar # Anything but square.
Girlz Creative Crafts #37 Things with Wings
I Spy with My Little Eye #3 Something with wings
PaperCraft Challenges #94 Things with wings. 


The butterfly Challenge runs for 3 weeks as usual so ends on 20th June  8pm (GMT).
Hope to see you in the garden with your Butterflies. Bees, Dragonflies, Lady birds are
also welcome. There are enough flowers and ponds to go around. 


 


29 comments:

Aquarius said...

Looks like an interesting way of making a bookmark - a change for the usual tag style

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love so much all the hidden spaces and the bookmark corner, it's a rich card despite its simple folding. Thanks for the tutorial and the inspiration. Lovely sample, so sweet and delicate!
Hugs

Stamps and Paper said...

SUch a lovely idea, very pretty bookmark and card

Anne

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Valelry Anne.

Sue xx

Chris said...

Oh I really like this idea! It's a little gift as well as a pretty card- one can never have too many bookmarks! Thanks for the inspiration.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and corner bookmark-I read every night so always have bookmarks lol but never made a corner one.Might have to have a go at this one
Carol x

Brenda in IN said...

This is so clever and cute. A gift with a card!

Margreet said...

Pfew, time flies. Another butterfly challenge again. Hope to enter this time. Love your card with the bookmark.
xxx Margreet

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Valery, what a pretty card and bookmark. I fabulous design and gorgeous colours too, Kate x

Liz said...

Beautiful bookmark card Mrs A, a great way of incorporating the bookmark. xx

Marjeta said...

What a clever idea. Love your card. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.

Carrie said...

What a lovely card! And it's so fun that the recipient then has a bookmark to use and think of you! Brilliant!

Debbie Mageed said...

What a great card! The fun fold is one of my favorites and love the butterfly and sweet details. I had recently seen a tutorial for a corner bookmark card but I can't think of anyone who reads "paper" books to make it for! My daughter is the biggest reader I have ever known but reads everything electronically. I find that sad for some reason. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Sandra H said...

So pretty Mrs A your card is a gorgeous design with pretty background papers and the three bows lovely effect and l the butterfly book mark is adorable too x

Sue said...

Fabulous bookmarks Mrs A hugs Sue x

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, I do love the idea of the bookmark being part of the decoration on the front of the card, and like your buttons with the twine bows too!

Michelle B. said...

Such a fun and fabulous idea and love how you incorporated the bookmark into your beautiful design. So glad you joined us for our Fun Folds Challenge at Creative Knockouts!

brenda said...

Playing catch up as still having to restrict screen time, lovely creation.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Just popped back to say thank you for the comment on my hanger -it really made me laugh out loud -thank you
carol x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness your bookmark card is absolutely brilliant! I love this cute idea and need to give it a try! Loving the butterfly flying along in the corner as well! Very pretty design and clever card! Thanks for sharing your wonderful project with us at the Sparkles Monthly Challenge! Hope you'll play again soon!

Ellibelle said...

This is so beautiful and creative! Love the addition of the corner bookmark!
Thanks so much for sharing at "I spy with my little eye"!

Doris P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doris P. said...

What a beautiful card! I like the little bows. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

Rae said...

I love the presentation for your bookmark. Great idea! Thank you for sharing and thank you for playing along with Creative Creases #58

Becca Sadler said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty card at Ally's Angels! --Becca/DT

Haven_mom4 said...

I like that the bookmark is an integrated part of the card. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

lichazul said...

Lovely card 💐☺️, have a great day

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card and corner bookmark - very cleverly done. Thanks so much for joining this month’s I Spy With My Little Eye Challenge.
Pauline x

Catie Cuddles said...

How pretty and such a lovely creations
Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT
Ps sorry it’s so late I’ve come to visit - it’s been a mad few weeks!