Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Silhouettes.

I'm nursing another swollen ankle (the right one this time) from being bittern whilst out in the garden. Doesn't seem to matter how much I cover myself  up. The little blighters still manage to get me. Why can't they pick on someone their own size!! Back on pills and steroid cream to get the inflammation down and trying to keep off my feet as much as I can.  Good job the following cards had already been made.
It is time for some more inspiration for the Butterfly challenge which has another week to run still.
#108 Spin The Butterfly Wheel With The Letter S.

My first card is using Sahara Sand/ Silhouette/ Butterfly.
The digi image is by Bugaboo called Flower Bubble Tag. I printed out and then fussy cut right up to the outside line of the tag. Trimmed a piece of Sahara Sand coloured cardstock to size and punched the corners with my Xcut rounder tool.  Base card is black cardstock and the pearl which hides the tag hole is from my stash. A gold sticker sentiment completes the look so I now have at least one sympathy card in my to use box.


My second card is using all the elements of the wheel.
Scarlet/Sea Green/ Sahara Sand/ Sequins/Spots/Silhouette/ Butterfly.
The digi image is again by Bugaboo and called Silhouette Humming Bird Flowers.
I found some black shinny dot stickies in my stash and used these to decorate around the circle edge.
Sequins were adhered to the flower centres and the Happy Birthday sentiment is also a black sticky.
The design paper is a freebie from Making Cards Magazine June 2013 called Busy Bees.



hope to see you playing along


16 comments:

dutchess said...

Oh dear poor you those bites can take such an age to get cleared up!....they either love you or leave you alone....
Two lovely inspirational cards Valery.....I hope you can still manage to craft a bit and take your mind away......hugs xxxx

brenda said...

Two really lovely cards and the image on the first in particualr really appeals. Take care of that ankle, our eldest daughter regularly has the same problem, we always say she must be sweet!

B x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are stunning I love them both. I am sorry to hear that you are suffering again. I hope you feel better soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hope your ankle soon gets better. Lively cards especially the tag

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Valery Anne. Sorry to hear you've been bitten again, hope it clears up soon.

Sue xx

Sandra H said...

l can only think you have good blood to be bittern again can be so sore too hopefully the cream and steroid will do the job....both your cards are as always gorgeous you talented lady take care sending lots of love x

Michelle said...

Oh No I hope your ankle gets better soon Valery Anne. Your cards are beautiful - Michelle x

Mrs.B said...

You're not having much luck lately Mrs A. Do hope the ankle improves quickly.
These are great cards and I love the digi image on the first.
Gorgeous card in the previous post too, shame it was for such a sad occasion.
Avril xx

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, Mrs A, I especially love the lovely stamp on the first one. Hope your ankle improves soon. I know how you feel, so often the little blighters get me and I land up at the doctors for antibiotics, whereas they leave my hubby alone! xx

Brenda in IN said...

I hate that you have become a feast for the garden critters but glad you have the pills and cream to get it better. The cards are great, Valery. I love that digi image on your first card and the touch of gold and pearls. I love the additional of the black dots around the circle. What do you call an astronauts favorite drink? Gravi-tea.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, these cards are so elegant both, I think that sahara sand plus silhouettes and black is a so classy combo and you shown it so well in your first card!
Lovely the second card too, that topper with sequins is really outstanding!
So sorry to hear that you are again in fight with those bites (bites in this season? Isnt it not a bit strange...)I think you really have a yummy blood if they love you this much! I wish you get well soon! :)
Hugs

Donna said...

Such gorgeous and elegant cards!

Mac Mable said...

Great silhouette cards, both of them. Love how you used the pearl to cover up the hole on your first perfect card for the occasion x....Always so hard to do x. The sequins in the centre of the flowers look gorgeous on your second card x. So sorry to hear you've been bitten again and boy do you suffer and get a horrible allergic reaction.....Get well soon x

Kathleen said...

Well as they say "if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all" Poor you, I know what you are going through, I am allergic to ant bites and our garden is full of them.
Oh yes, the card, the first on is totally stunning, love it, the second on his a little difficult as the image is quite fuzzy but it looks as if it could be great too.
Hope you get better soon.

Kath x

Sylvia said...

2 Really pretty cards.A beautiful image on your first card.You did a great job with the fussy cutting.I love the sequins on the second card.Sorry to hear you have been bitten in the garden.Get well soon.

Gr,Sylvia.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful makes here but the ankle sounds terrible...mossies love me each time I go outside, summer or winter..they live in my fern garden.xx