Monday, October 01, 2018

Condolences.

It never rains but it pours it seems. Whilst we were having all the ensuing problems with the drains and internet I received a phone call to tell me that my cousins husband had died from a brain tumour.
When we had seen him at my  Dad's funeral last September he had been fine but by December had been diagnosed and surgery done to remove as much as they could. We all thought he was doing ok so the phone call was a bolt out of the blue. Needless to say I didn't have a card made ready to hand so sorted through my digi files where I knew I had some ready printable images with words attached.
This one is by  Pink Petticoat called Dandelion Wisps. I printed off and then used my pearlescent chalks to just highlight the centres of the flowers and the words. Adhered to a slightly larger piece of matching blue cardstock and then to the basecard. I printed off a second flower with no sentiment for the inside of the card.



17 comments:

dutchess said...

So sad Valery....but a beautiful card to say how you feel....xxxx

Kath said...

A beautiful card for such a sad occasion.
Kath x

Margreet said...

Beautiful card for a sad occasion!
xxx Margreet

Viv said...

A beautiful card for such a sad occasion Mrs A. x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A I am sorry to hear your sad news. The card you have made is beautiful. These cards are never easy to make. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

So sorry to read your sad news Valery Anne. Your digi image makes a wonderful sympathy card.

Sue xx

Brenda in IN said...

This is a beautiful card but for such a sad occasion. What a shock that is when you thought he was doing well. I do like how you added the centers to the flowers and again through the sentiment. I love the font on the Condolences. It seems inappropriate to send a joke this time, so I'll send one next time.

Anne said...

Aww that's such a difficult time, but your card is perfect
Anne x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So sorry for your cousins husband. We never know when our moment to go away comes :(
Condolence to you and family...
Your card is so sweet and delicate, beautiful work

cuilliesocks said...

Sad news for your indeed Valery, sorry to hear it, but your card is absolutely gorgeous and perfect for a sad occasion, Kate x

Doreen said...

So sorry for the sad news,your card is gorgeous.xxx

Kathleen said...

I love this card, super CAS style and one of my favourite colours at the moment and a great image and
of course a really nice sentiment.
Have I got news for you, I am related to Chris Armstrong of Pink Pettycoat, her Grandmother was my Mother's eldest Sister. I have a photo of me holding her as a baby at her Christening. I thought her Dad was great.

Kath x

Mac Mable said...

Perfect card for the very sad and sudden shock x. Thinking of you and your family and sending hugs x.

terrie said...

My deepest sympathy to you and your family...such sad news.
Your card turned out really nice, nice background color.

Sylvia said...

Fab card for this sad occasion,Valery.Condolences for you and your family.

Gr,Sylvia.

MaryH said...

What a lovely sympathy card, pulled together in a hurry. It certainly doesn't look 'hurriedly done'. Love the effects with the pearlescent chalks, and I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care. TFS & Hugs.

Sandra H said...

So sad to read your news l do feel for you and sending lots of love my thoughts go to the family ...your card is lovely l have this set and use them all the time love the colour and the pearlescent chalks around the image so beautifully done take care xx