Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Fairy Dust

Time for a new challenge over on the butterfly challenge where the new theme is
#110 Spin The Wheel with the Letter G.

Here are my first inspiration cards for you

1st Card using Gold/Gems/ Butterflies.
I have used a gold promarker for the hair and the gems are also gold which I have attached  in the centres of the design paper flowers.
The digi image is one  that I received as a prize back in Nov 2012  Called  'Fairy Dust -0002' by The Scrapbook Society. This is its first outing.  Coloured using Graph'it and  Promarker pens + a gold gel pen. I wanted to enter the challenge over at Cheerful Sketches so decided to incorporate the sketch for October on this card.The pink butterfly paper is from Paper Craft Essentials magazine. Other papers unknown. I have die cut the image using using my xcut circle dies and then adhered to another die cut which is Spellbinders Blossom five. I thought that it matched the flower design on the floral paper perfectly. Dismal lighting doesn't show up the  gold gems that I adhered to the centres of the flowers. They sparkle beautifully IRL. (I am investing in a proper light box so should not have these problems in the future!)

Entering the card above into the following challenges:
Cheerful Sketches Challenge # October challenge.
Crafty Catz #434 Anything goes +make it square.
Love To Craft #27 Anything goes.


2nd Card using Green/Glitter/ Butterflies.
I have used glitter card here and attached my digi image by Delicious Doodles called 'Butterfly Border' using  extra strong red ds tape.  Image has been coloured using both graph'it and promarker pens + a silver gel pen.  The pink and green design paper is from Paper Craft Essentials magazine and the green paper adhered to the base card is from Making Cards March 2015 called Potted Petals. Sentiment is a silver sticker from my stash.
Entering this card into the following  challenges:
Crafts Galore #56  Anything goes.
Crafting By Designs # Anything goes.
Fussy and Fancy #223 Things with wings.
Through The Craft Room Door # Anything goes.


Hope I have inspired you. The challenge runs for the normal 2 weeks.

25 comments:

Margreet said...

Gorgeous inspiration cards, Mrs A.
Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for entering.
xxx Margreet

KandA said...

Two super cards Mrs A, fabulous digis on both xx

Aunty Sue said...

such a lovely card and thanks for sharing at Crafty catz this week good luck

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love so much both your makes, especially the first one, such delicious image and design!!! Lovely colouring and papers, and great interpretation of the sketch!

Anne said...

Two lovely makes, I always find inspiration when I visit your blog!
I answer to your question about the LOTV art pads, the pads are not coming back but they are now doing printed A4 art sheets with 4 images on each, there are old favourites and some new images too
Anne x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A both of your cards are gorgeous I love them both. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Liz said...

Two lovely cards for inspiration, Mrs. A, great designs. xx

Jac’s Playground said...

2 beautiful cards, love the design and papers on the first one, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Dawn said...

awesome card ... love that sentiment sticker ... so detailed and delicate. Thanks for playing at Crafts Galore Challenge. I wish you luck in the challenge.
Happy Crafting.
Dawn DT

cuilliesocks said...

WW Valery what stunning cards, beautifully designed and coloured. I love the girl image it's a beautiful stamp, and all those butterflies on your second card are amazing, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Two lovely cards V.A. great take on the sketch and a sweet image. love the green and pink colour combo and a great design.

Kath x

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous are your cards Mrs A as always so creative x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards for our inspiration Valery Anne, I love them both.

Sue xx

Sylvia said...

2 beautiful cards,Mrs A.Love the digi and so beautifully coloured.Love the pretty butterfly border too.

Gr,Sylvia

brenda said...

A quick catch up on your latest posts, will visit properly when home, meantime greetings from Spain. Bx

Beth Brovold said...

Beautifully done!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy...good luck!
Take care,
Beth

Megan J said...

Hi Mrs. A., A lovely pair of cards to inspire us to create cards for the butterfly challenge. Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Designs, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT

Mrs.B said...

Two pretty cards Mrs A and I love the cat in the previous post.
Avril xx

Bernadet said...

Mrs A, what a lovely card is this.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches Challenge

craftysahmiam said...

Thank you for sharing your pretty card with us at Love To Craft; neat sketch!

Annemi said...

Beautiful card. Love the clean design of it. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Kathleen said...

Hi VA, could be Victoria and Albert but it is the one and only Valery Ann.
Thanks so much for your comment and I do, in some ways agree with you.

But for instance go and take a look at entry No 31 - Marrianne, she has butterflies on her card and they are crap, butterflies are not plain and simple, they are full of colour and really beautiful.

It never used to bother me, when I saw butterflies on cards, and a huge mistake was going into the Butterfly room at Sydney zoo, you would have been,, as I was, totally amazed at the really beautiful butterflies, that were in there and so very friendly, they even landed on you and any possessions that you had.

A really super experience, would have loved to have brought them all home with me.

Lesson learned, never go to a Butterfly house as it causes a totally different approach to your view on Butterflies.

The funny thing is that I sold on e-bay all my Martha Stewart punches but the one I kept was her Butterfly punch, which went and broke.

Hope you have more inside to my comments on butterflies.

Love

Kath x

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely card. Thanks for playing at cheerful Sketches!
nancy DTCSC

Margaret said...

The blossoms die was a brilliant idea to show off your image. I love the floral paper. Thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge.
Margaret

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper October challenge with your super creation - hope to see you again soon x