Sunday, October 14, 2018

Christmas Mono.

Time again for the girls in the Christmas Card Club to show our makes. The theme was chosen by Kate and is Christmas in Mono.
I have two stamps that lend themselves to Mono colouring perfectly so it was just a matter of finding suitable christmas papers from my hoard of magazine freebies.
1st card is Mono in Grey.
The design paper is a making Card Papercraft Special from 2017. The stamp is by Stampendous 'Cling Snowy Postcard which I have stamped using London Fog ink.
Both the design paper and the stamped image have been adhered to cardboard and then distressed round the edges using my handy TH. tool. The sentiment is a sticker from my stash. Looks red here but IRL is silver.

2nd Card is Mono in Black.
I have used the second stamp on here which is again by Stampendous  'Cling Train Postcard'. Inked using Tuxedo black ink. Adhered to cardboard and distressed around the edges. This time I have added a slightly larger  bigger piece of black cardstock to create a border.
The black sentiment and stars are stickers from my stash.


3rd card is Mono in Brown.
The backing paper this time is by Lily of the Valley from their Krafty Christmas paper pad. The Stags head is from a magazine freebie set called Majestic  Moments which is both a stamp and a die cut.
I die cut from brown cardstock to match the snowflakes on the design paper. Die cut 5 times and glued together. Paper and brown card stock were layered in the centre of the card to form a diamond design and the stags head adhered using a 3D pad. The sentiment is a Britannia word die which I cut twice and again glued together.

Hope you like my selection Kate.

On the home front I now have my email back but The Doc doesn't. Apparently there had been a breach of security so quite a few people were affected.  Still trying to get The Doc's email up and running again.



23 comments:

Jane said...

These are a trio of really fab monochrome cards Mrs A. The snowy postcard is one of my go to Christmas stamps, I never get bored using it. I love the stamped border you made too. Enjoy your Sunday, hugs xxx

Michelle said...

Really beautiful Mono Christmas cards - Michelle x

Lia said...

Great christmascards in mono. I like the vintage look!
Lia xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful monochrome cards Valery Anne, the top two are using some of my favourite Christmas stamps and I love the beautiful stag.

Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

Love the mono cards, something about them looks very nice..xx

cuilliesocks said...

I do indeed love your cards Valery, all colourways are gorgeous and the images of the first two are beautiful. Beautiful staghead die and of course I love the paper, I've used it myself, perfect cards for the challenge, thanks, Kate x

Donna said...

What a treat, your first card is stunning and then I kept going and two more beauties! Fabulous designs and coordinating with papers.

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A these Christmas cards are gorgeous. It is good news about your email I hope your husband's gets sorted soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

dutchess said...

Three lovely cards Valery....loving that stags head....xxxx

Margreet said...

Beautiful mono cards.
Good luck with the Doc's email.
xxx Margreet

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Valery, love the cards. I have both those Stampendous stamps, don't use them often enough! These are a great take on the theme. Hugs, Shaz X

rachel said...

Awesome makes Valery - these are brilliant! Hugs rachel x

scrappymo! said...

This is a trio of fabulous cards! The stamps are so lovely. The first two are particular faves of mine.

It always amazes me how hard it is to photograph mirri...We will of course trust you that the colour is grey, sighing the whole time as we have coped with that colour change with mirri too!

The second is so lovely. My Grandfather was a railroad contractor and built railroads all around Canada and the USA. I always love anything train related.

The third is stunning. The way you have built up the frame and the sentiment diecuts look so good!

Kathleen said...

Three lovely cards with super images but have to say think the black one really stands out the most.
Hope you are doing a good job of baby sitting!

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, three superb mono coloured cards! Great works!

MaryH said...

Beautiful vintage looks on all 3 of these lovely cards (and I have the first 2 stamps, and never even thought of using those! So good for you...as they are perfect done as you've treated them on these mono cards). The stag head was another great example done in the sepia/brown and I like the framework around the stag. Also lovely papers that work so well with each design too! TFS & Have a great week. Hugs

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards

Sylvia said...

Wonderful mono cards,Valery.Love the beautiful stamps too.Enjoy your day.

Gr,Sylvia.

Viv said...

Three great cards Mrs A! x

Christine Harrop said...

Those Stampendous stamps are brilliant and the cards look great - as does the stag. Three terrific cards Mrs A. Sorry to be so late - we've had no internet since just after 7am until about an hour ago. Christine

Mac Mable said...

Wow what great mono cards. The atmosphere you have created on the first two are amazing and loving the layout on the third one. Fabulous cards x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
oh I love all 3 of these wonderful designs.
Those postcard stamps are so fab and lend so beautifully to monochrome designs.
The third one I love the gorgeous paper and how you have used those freebies.
I aquired the stags head die and stamp from a friend recently.
Must use it soon now I have seen your lovely card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous monochromatic cards Val and you've used two of my favourite Stampendous stamps, I really love these.
Lorraine